• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

CJ_24

Thought there were supposed to be alternates in case of a covid outbreak? Get Duke on a charter plane and move tip-off to 10pm central. Problem solved

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
7h9ygnu.gif

CJ_24

I'm actually ambivalent about Duke. They're just the first school I thought of because this season's been a mess. They could have UW-Milwaukee drive down for all I care

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Imagine if Ohio State loses to team named Oral, Michigan is a national championship contender and Ohio makes the second round lol

@Skeeter you on suicide watch yet?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Rare non football szn 4 screen action :

2 screens for one of the relevant days of ncaa bball
dazn boxing
espn+ ufc FIGHT NITE

CJ_24

These teams flew in from around the country less than a week ago.

Team 1 plays team 2. Team 1 has players A and B. Team 2 has players C and D. Players A and B interact in the locker room, hotel, and at meals w/o masks. Same for players C and D. Players A and C play basketball against each other. Then A interacts with B after the game and likewise for C and D. (This hypothetical assumes B and D do not play in the game; an assumption that does not apply to the majority of the players in the tournament.)
How is wearing a mask on the sideline "stopping the spread" when A is interacting with B and C w/o mask and C is interacting with B and D w/o masks?

In any event, aren't all of these teams also being tested routinely, if not daily?

In my view, it's useless theater

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Team 1 plays team 2. Team 1 has players A and B. Team 2 has players C and D. Players A and B interact in the locker room, hotel, and at meals w/o masks. Same for players C and D. Players A and C play basketball against each other. Then A interacts with B after the game and likewise for C and D. (This hypothetical assumes B and D do not play in the game; an assumption that does not apply to the majority of the players in the tournament.)
How is wearing a mask on the sideline "stopping the spread" when A is interacting with B and C w/o mask and C is interacting with B and D w/o masks?

In any event, aren't all of these teams also being tested routinely, if not daily?

There are players on the benches who are not wearing masks, as we speak. So I'm not even sure there is a requirement which has caused you to freak the fuck out Senator Paul.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

You’re a dumbass.
  1. The teams flew in a less than a week ago after playing teams not in the “bubble.” Multiple players (and refs) have already tested positive while in this “bubble.” It’s not useless theater when spread is actually possible.
  2. There are fans in the arena! Plus staff, hotel staff, etc. It’s not a true bubble.
  3. There are no negatives to wearing a mask. Maybe it gives someone the chance to not get the rona after being close to them. It’s not theater.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I guess Abilene Christian gets a religious exemption from this must-be-masked-on-the-bench rule? Can someone then explain the Texas bench player's exemption? Independence? Texas already seceded? maybe thats how abilene gets out fo tit too. Greg Abbott said no maske mandate so these guys took it to indiana.