• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

Chase

I'm anal about bracketology type stuff (seems to help me come March Madness time) and right now they're doing a MockSelection with the actual committee . Interesting stuff so far.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I'm anal about bracketology type stuff (seems to help me come March Madness time) and right now they're doing a MockSelection with the actual committee . Interesting stuff so far.
What you think about OSU? Is there any chance they will make the tourney?

This losing streak is fucking ridiculous, I think I'll stop watching. Maybe we'll start winning. I was excited for the OU and KU home games, but not so much anymore.

Last edited:

Chase

The bubble is pretty weak this year, we're talking about schools like St Joe's, LSU, St John's, Providence, WVU as bubble schools. Okie Lite is probably a 9/10 seed right now. They're a mess, but as long as they get to 20 wins and don't lose to like TCU in the 1st round of the Big 12 tourney, they're fine. They get OU, Kansas and K-State at home, if they win 2 of those games and beat who they should (@ TCU, Texas Tech) they won't even be a bubble team. But if they lose to OU at home Saturday and then at Baylor on Sunday, they're 50/50 at best to make it in.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Dude, we don't have Smart for our next two games. The crowd support against OU will probably be absolute garbage. I don't know, without Smart we're total shit. Maybe we'll get hot against OU at home but idk.. Doesn't seem likely. lol, what a shame.

Chase

OU just lost at home to the Texas Tech racyess doe. Okie State will be faves for that game.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
lol, shows how much I pay attention to basketball.

This week has been a blur.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
LOL it happened again. Sorry @BearDownUofA . Could've called a second one for hanging on the rim too.

This time, you could hear on the broadcast that referee said they killed the ball after the dunk, so by rule you can't call a technical for the fans rushing the court.

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Even so, there should have been a T for hanging on the rim. It's like Ed Rush didn't actually resign. That's twice now where we've played down to the level of an inferior opponent and let it stay close enough to where the referees could swing the tide of the game. Fuck that shit.

Whatever, ASU needs their few moments of glory to make their fans forget that their program is completely irrelevant and will only get worse once Jahii "I'm the best PG in the Pac-12" Carson leaves. We'll still finish higher in the conference and go further in the tournament.

bruin

Whatever, ASU needs their few moments of glory to make their fans forget that their program is completely irrelevant and will only get worse once Jahii "I'm the best PG in the Pac-12" Carson leaves. We'll still finish higher in the conference and go further in the tournament.

Ah, man. No sweet nickname for Herb Sendek? "Fraud Graham" FTW.

Chase

Arizona is a reel e different team without Brandon Ashley. Not so sure they get that 1 seed.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Totally agree about the hanging on the rim technical @BearDownUofA . That was just pure stupidity to not call that one. Although I've seen those 3 referees at quite a few SDSU games over my 4 years on campus, and can't say I'm surprised they blew a call.

Wop Genius

#2 Arizona lost to unranked ASU
#5 SDSU lost to unranked Wyoming
#6 Nova lost to #18 Creighton
#7 KU lost to unranked KState
#9 Michigan State lost to Nebraska at home but have injuries and have been getting way too much lenience for that.
#11 Iowa State lost to unranked West Virginia
#14 UK lost to #2 Florida
#15 Michigan beat #22 Ohio State but lost to #21 Wisconsin

Going to be lots of movement in the polls...

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Lots of movement but not many moving in or out. Top 10 will be mostly the same teams just a completely different order.

Chase

#2 Arizona lost to unranked ASU
#5 SDSU lost to unranked Wyoming
#6 Nova lost to #18 Creighton
#7 KU lost to unranked KState
#9 Michigan State lost to Nebraska at home but have injuries and have been getting way too much lenience for that.
#11 Iowa State lost to unranked West Virginia
#14 UK lost to #2 Florida
#15 Michigan beat #22 Ohio State but lost to #21 Wisconsin

Going to be lots of movement in the polls...

Louisville will probably be in the top 10 yet are probably a 5/6 seed. G8R will be #1 by the time of Championship Week.

mongoose

Virginia is a top 10 ten team. Fuck this gay ass CBB world. Arizona should go from #2 to unranked, they are terrible. Florida is the only legit team I see right now, they are some GROWN ASS MEN

Chase

1's. Syracuse, Florida, Arizona, Wichita State
2's. Duke, Kansas, Creighton, San Diego State
3's. Villanova, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Cincy
4's. Virginia, Iowa State, Michigan, Saint Louis
5's. Iowa, Texas, Louisville, Kentucky
6's. Ohio State, UConn, UCLA, North Carolina
7's. Oklahoma, Memphis, UMass, Arizona State
8's. Gonzaga, Kansas State, New Mexico, Pitt
9's. VCU, SMU, George Washington, Cal
10s. Stanford, Minnesota, Xavier, Colorado
11s. Oklahoma State, Georgetown, Providence, Missouri
12s. Florida State, St Joe's, St John's, La Tech, Harvard, S.F Austin
13s. Toledo, Vermont, Green Bay, North Dakota State
14s. Georgia State, Iona, Mercer, Delaware
15s. UC Irvine, BostonU, Belmont, NC Central
16s. Davidson, Robert Morris, Utah Valley, Weber State, Southern, UNC Asheville

Last 4: Missouri, Florida State, St Joe's, St John's
First 4 out: WVU, Nebraska, Tennessee, Richmond
Others: BYU, Baylor, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Indiana, Saint Mary's, Clemson, Marquette

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Seeing Nebraska on these kinds of lists makes me warm in the loins. Eichorst better extend him with big pay raise.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Miles is such a good coach. I was really disappointed to see him leave the Mountain West, even though I couldn't care less about CSU's success.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
We's gonna fail to make the NCAA tourney.

I supported our HC before the season started and about halfway through the season, but I can't continue to with the crap we put out each week. What sucks is that we're stuck with him for another few years barring a miracle.

bruin

the Bruins are so inconsistent. I can a run to the Elite 8 or getting bounced in the 1st round.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Chase, do you think State would have been in the conversation with a win against Cuse? I don't get why Clemson is getting more pub than State other than the Duke win, their SOS is weak sauce

State needs a win either @Pitt or vs Carolina obviously, is the bubble weak enough that one win against them and a decent showing in the ACC tourney would be enough?

Chase

NC State would have been in the tourney with a win at Syracuse..

Clemson is a fringe bubble team at best, can't really see them getting in. NC State's problem is they have no top 50 wins and only 4 wins against top 100 teams, which is pretty bad. You can't really guestimate what they need to do to get in. First off you would need those 1 bid leagues to have their only team win their conference tourneys (Wichita, Gonzaga, SDSU/New Mexico). I think the bubble will shrink down.. WVU has 11 loses and still has to play Kansas, Iowa State, OU, Baylor.. Georgetown has 10 loses and still has Nova, Marquette, Xavier, Seton Hall. Just can't see a team with 15 loses making the tourney.

If NC State can beat UNC, Miami and BC at home (all pretty realistic) and either beat one of Pitt or Clemson on the road then they'll probably be in an 'elimination' game scenario in the ACC tourney.