• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

120th Annual WBL Wintour Meetings in the UNITED KINGDOM, UK!!!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is Ping on the ballot? I'm guessing he and Noda will be next year since they retired mid season.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
So I guess 3 of the guys I released ended up back on my team and an arb decision was made over them? The rest of my sim appears to have gone through so I don't really know what happened. I can always trade Bentham because he's an actual good player but I released Buenpacifico because he's really bad.

In fact they aren't even listed on my main roster, they seem to have dipped into the shadow realm. I don't really know how or why because I released them outright. Idk if you guys are interested in fixing this or if this is a learning experience not to cut guys early (just wanted to see how much money I'd have to work with) but if you could do something that'd be awesome. The three were Michael Bentham, Joey Buenpacifico, and Louwe Calkhoven. I'm going to leave them in the shadow realm for now as proof but you can find them on my salaries page or something.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
So I guess 3 of the guys I released ended up back on my team and an arb decision was made over them? The rest of my sim appears to have gone through so I don't really know what happened. I can always trade Bentham because he's an actual good player but I released Buenpacifico because he's really bad.

In fact they aren't even listed on my main roster, they seem to have dipped into the shadow realm. I don't really know how or why because I released them outright. Idk if you guys are interested in fixing this or if this is a learning experience not to cut guys early (just wanted to see how much money I'd have to work with) but if you could do something that'd be awesome. The three were Michael Bentham, Joey Buenpacifico, and Louwe Calkhoven. I'm going to leave them in the shadow realm for now as proof but you can find them on my salaries page or something.

I had a few AAA guys where that happened last season.

Lloyd Carr

Can an O make Bailey Gilleland my scout, or does he legitimately have to retire first?

Poor guy has just sitting in the FA pool waiting on a team the pick him up since the end of 2058. Bless his heart.

Wooly

I had that happen to me last year. I was told weird stuff happens sometimes on the end of season sim. It also seems to me this situation is linked to players with a "Player Opt Out" followed by a Team Option, or at least it appears to be to me. That is part of what happened to me last year, which I realized this year in a similar event with Mobbs. This year Mobbs declined his player Opt Out to stay on the team, but then I was not allowed to make a decision on my Team Option. Had I cut Mobbs, I am positive he would have stayed too. Turns out it was OK to keep him anyway, but still, the Player Opt out seems to nullify the Team Option, which doesn't seem right, or at least is misleading. Is that what happened with any of your players? Did they have both an Opt Out and Team Option on the same year?

When I had players last year with a Team Option and decided to cut them first (rather than wait for the email where you make a decision on them) AND that player had an Opt Out, they stayed on the team even after I cut them. It also charged me the buyout money lol. I tend to think this is more a glitch than a misunderstanding. An Opt Out is different than a Player Option. If you have a Team Option and a player Opt Out, both should be valid. The player should be able to walk away from a contract with the Opt Out, and a team should be able to decline a Team Option, both in the same year. I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear to me that both are in effect. The Opt Out nullifies the Team Option.

Also, does anyone else think there were some inadvertent changes when we switched to OOTP17. I could have sworn some of my players had Player Options that became Opt Outs in some cases, after the switch. There were only two times I allowed a player Opt Out anyway. That is pretty much a non-starter to me. So I don't know where some of the Opt Out clauses came from.

Wooly

Looking for a 1 year SP. Might be able to take on a decent sized contract for a SP I don't have to keep after this year. Is there anyone looking to dump a short term but good SP to free up money?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If I have to keep them it isn't the end of the world I suppose. I'll just make sure to take screenshots every offseason from now on

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Why are you using an opt out and option on the same year? Is that even possible?

Edit. It's sounds like you are trying to create a mutual option. I would stay away from that if it's causing problems. What is the advantage of that anyway?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Looking for a 1 year SP. Might be able to take on a decent sized contract for a SP I don't have to keep after this year. Is there anyone looking to dump a short term but good SP to free up money?

I've got Raul Robles if I don't decided to win it all again this year.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Actually, looking over my player salaries I'd move any and everybody not named Gadd or Ploeg on the WBL team. Come get your GOATS while they've still got the winner scent on them.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd move anyone not named haamid because I want to throw every egg I have in the cess jans and other sp basket

Wolfman21

Everyone that wants to compete is pretty set with their team. Everyone else wants to tank so they don't want any decent players. I've offered up my entire team and i've had one inquiry.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Everyone that wants to compete is pretty set with their team. Everyone else wants to tank so they don't want any decent players. I've offered up my entire team and i've had one inquiry.
I wish you had a SS. I'm somewhat interested in Tangles, but not enough to do anything about it :laughing: