• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Chelsea actually have a point more than at the same stage in their title winning season. Also their points total in that season was somewhat a high anomaly. Everybody is having a very good points total year at the top of the table by any historical standards, so if they're all playing badly, they sure as hell are winning a lot of games.

NML

Original comment was that everyone was playing below par.

Chelsea are the smartest of the down syndrome children right now.

Again, Robert seems to think everyone sucks because ManU does.

I'd think the team with downs is the one battling with Everton and West Brom for the Europa league.

chibob

Chelsea actually have a point more than at the same stage in their title winning season. Also their points total in that season was somewhat a high anomaly. Everybody is having a very good points total year at the top of the table by any historical standards, so if they're all playing badly, they sure as hell are winning a lot of games.

Like I said. The original post was in reference to the points at that time. It's changed

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Like I said. The original post was in reference to the points at that time. It's changed

Combined top 5 points, week 16 - 2016 - 171, 2015 - 155, 2014 - 160, 2013 - 164, 2012 - 153

I had to go back five years to see a points total that was slightly higher. The top five teams have all been collecting more points, which would categorically prove that the quality of performance from teams at the top of the table is better than in most years. This is not a poor year. Last year was a poor year, hence Leicester winning the title; this is statistically born out by the low points totals of the top teams in week 16 2015.

Do you want to go on with this? You are completely wrong that the top teams are not playing well this year. they are playing better than most years.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ps @chibob , at the point at which you made the original Chelsea comment they were only three points off their 2014-15 pace, not only that, but the top five had a much higher combined points total at that stage.

Rather than Chelsea being the smartest of the dumb, they are the smartest of the smart right now. That shouldn't really be rocket science though considering the managerial line up of the top five is the best the Premier League has probably ever seen.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
On the other hand, maybe Arsenal shouldn't give up a chance like that from their own goal kick...

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Jesus Christ. 2 defenders and Cech with just Sterling and he scores? Fuck Arsenal.

That should have been offside, though.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Don't think Arsenal have had a single chance this half. Pathetic. And it's that time of year where I swear of Arsenal I guess.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Wait, Arsenal got the wrong side of a controversial offside call?

giphy.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I pretty much packed it in after the Everton loss. That was the "oh this again" moment for me. I was at a star war instead of watching yesterday

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/media-hit-out-fans-ludicrous-12347079

Yup, he only won two games and lost 11....he got zero transfer windows to go out and get players to help get Swansea out of the relegation zone.

Swansea sucked before he got there, sucked while he was there and will still suck now that he's gone. Enjoy the Championship in 2018-19, Swansea.
There's only so long you can last when you keep selling your best players. Bradley is better off the hell out of there. They will return to the Championship and even league 1 for good. Really low odds them coming back because of the amount of better positioned wealthy clubs down there.

chibob

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/media-hit-out-fans-ludicrous-12347079

Yup, he only won two games and lost 11....he got zero transfer windows to go out and get players to help get Swansea out of the relegation zone.

Swansea sucked before he got there, sucked while he was there and will still suck now that he's gone. Enjoy the Championship in 2018-19, Swansea.

No one is saying it should've been a cake walk but he knew exactly what he was taking on and he's done awful. How many points did he actually scrape together? 5? And didn't they drop out of all other competitions too?

But yeh the xenophobia hasn't helped his situation but that's not the reason they've sacked him.

I agree with Hayvis tho, selling Ayew and Williams last year completely fucked them.

Last edited:

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
More points than this time last year. More goals scored than this time last year. Fewer goals allowed than this time last year.

:england:

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
More points than this time last year. More goals scored than this time last year. Fewer goals allowed than this time last year.

:england:

-YTC

So many more points at the top of the table, that you're worse off. Further from the leaders, and also with a very strong set of teams, all better contenders than last year. Tottenham can book the Europa League now.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So many more points at the top of the table, that you're worse off. Further from the leaders, and also with a very strong set of teams, all better contenders than last year. Tottenham can book the Europa League now.

Done and done!

Tottenham Hotspur F.C.
Scores & Schedule
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=colspan:7} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
Feb 16 - UEFA Europa League Round of 32, Game 1
Gent{/td}

{td}

vs{/td}

{td}
1:00 PM
Tottenham{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=colspan:7} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
Feb 23 - UEFA Europa League Round of 32, Game 2
Tottenham{/td}

{td}

vs{/td}

{td}
3:05 PM
Gent{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
All times are in Eastern Time

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Bellerin plays half the field. It's crazy watching him play. It's like watching Dani Alves in his prime but faster (not nearly as skilled though).

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Bellerin also has some ridiculous cockney Spanish accent

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Everyone thinks they are going to score a goal of the year today. Xhaka and El Neny both with 30+ yard first time attempts.