• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

hopefully thats the only place. Don't need him on the track running people over anywhere else.

URkkH8X.gif

gilstein21

calling it nascar overtime is dumb ... i don't even know how the race ended that way. did they make it to the overtime line on the white flag lap, or does that not matter. you pass the line on the first lap and that's it?

Wolfman21

calling it nascar overtime is dumb ... i don't even know how the race ended that way. did they make it to the overtime line on the white flag lap, or does that not matter. you pass the line on the first lap and that's it?

pass the line on the first lap and the next flag ends it. Thats the rule now. Completing the first lap is no longer required.

Wolfman21

i dunno. Seems to make sense to me. If you get to that point, next flag ends the race. If you dont, we do it again. Atleast we won't have races ending before you get to turn 1 now.

Wolfman21

Just the fact that people thinj that nascar would rig it and all the teams would be ok with it is midnblowing to me. But then again, those kinda people are idiots

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I'll give NASCAR that much. If they were going to play favorites, they would have held off on the caution for 2 more seconds at Talladega last year, which would have allowed Jr to win and make it to the next round. And he would have already been a multiple time champ. Or Gordon would have won/beat Busch & Harvick at Homestead last November.

Wolfman21

I admit...the last 4 pole winners for the 500 looks a lil sketch...

Danica, Dillon in the 3s return, Jeffs final 500 and now chase in the 24.

I still don't think it's rigged though.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
In reality, you only have two teams there. A de facto Hendrick car, a Childress car, and then the same #24 Hendrick car. Both teams have a history of doing well on plate tracks. Now if Danica was driving for Roush, and won the pole....

Wolfman21

In reality, you only have two teams there. A de facto Hendrick car, a Childress car, and then the same #24 Hendrick car. Both teams have a history of doing well on plate tracks. Now if Danica was driving for Roush, and won the pole....

I'm more weirded out by stenhouse being as fast as he was today than the 24 on the pole

Wolfman21

Ty Dillon gonna be in the 14 starting in Atlanta. Which is interesting seeing as how SHR is a subsidiary basically of HMS and Ty is a RCR guy all the way.

Last edited:

Wolfman21

Cracked oil cooler in Ty Dillons car caused a wreck in 2nd practice tonight. Michael Waltrip and kyle Larson to backup cars. Ryan newman also got some damage

Iron

44 trucks entered for the Truck race, so 12 are going home. Quick, increase the field back to 36.

guardman23

Here's to all 3 races being shit storm wreck fest then maybe we can get tango drafting back for at least one lap closest thing to non restrictor plate racing we will ever see

Wolfman21

That Elliott car in '85 was a fucking beast on the big track.

Those Ernie elliott engines...somethin else man.

Chase finished 6th in first duel. Was 19th with 5 laps to go. Listening to his radio on raceview mobile was awesome. Well worth the 30 bucks for the full season.

Oh, and surprise surprise...dale jr won the duel.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Plate racing sucks now. This year's Clash was all I needed to see. Wake me up for the Mudsummer Classic.

Bdub

Going off of normal F1 cycles it's about time for the reign of Mercedes to be over. I think Ferrari will once again close the gap.