• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Reddit is full of SOURCES (@Mame YO) saying there were rumors he was going to retire after the bowl game due to health issues, and someone on the MSU fansite has a SOURCE

SOURCES said:
I am told that Coach was successfully Air Lifted to Jackson on an Airbus Helicopter H145. There was a delay in getting airborne due to some weather, but they were able to find a window and got him down there safely. From what I am told, the next few hours are critical. Coach has a long road ahead of him. The situation is very, very serious. If you are the praying type, Coach Leach, his family and the attending physicians could use your prayers. If you are not the praying type, then perhaps you can make an exception in these circumstances. This is not some fire drill or something that just involves a cough. Coach needs your prayers and he needs them right here now.

Jokes about sources and thoughts and prayers aside I hope he pulls through if it is that serious.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
FADE IN:

INT. COACH ARROYO'S OFFICE - DAY

Coach Marcus Arroyo sits behind his desk, scrolling through his phone. He has a smug smile on his face.

COACH ARROYO:
I'm the best at this social media game. I can spot a fake profile a mile away.

Suddenly, his phone beeps with a notification. He opens it and sees a message from a recruit named Jayden Minshew.

JAYDEN:
Hey Coach, I'm a high school quarterback and I'm interested in joining your team. I saw your tweet about being the best at social media and I thought I'd try my luck.

Coach Arroyo's smug smile widens as he replies to the message.

COACH ARROYO:
Nice try, kid. I can spot a fake profile a mile away. You're not getting a scholarship from me.

Jayden quickly replies with a picture of himself in a high school football uniform, throwing a perfect spiral.

JAYDEN:
I'm not fake, Coach. I'm the real deal. Give me a chance and I promise I won't disappoint you.

Coach Arroyo is impressed by the picture and decides to give Jayden a chance.

COACH ARROYO:
Alright, kid. I'll give you a shot. Come to our next game and impress me.

Jayden eagerly agrees and Coach Arroyo sends out a celebratory tweet, boasting about his latest recruit.

CUT TO:
INT. COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM - DAY

Jayden takes the field for his first game, wearing the college team's colors. Coach Arroyo watches from the sidelines, confident in his quarterback's abilities.

But Jayden quickly proves to be a disaster, throwing five interceptions in the first half. The team falls behind and Coach Arroyo's smug smile turns into a grimace.

CUT TO:
INT. ATHLETIC DIRECTOR'S OFFICE - DAY

The Athletic Director sits behind his desk, angry and frustrated. Coach Arroyo stands before him, trying to defend his decision to recruit Jayden.

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR:
I can't believe you fell for that kid's fake profile. You've cost us this game and I have no choice but to fire you.

Coach Arroyo's face falls as the Athletic Director hands him a pink slip.

FADE TO BLACK.

wtf is this shit

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
they just need to pump some of Jackson's finest non toxic tap water through him stat

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I saw some Mississippi State students playing flag football on the State practice field. I asked, "Coach, did you know about this?" He got up and surveyed the scene. As he watched, I said, "Dan (Mullen) wouldn't have been real happy about this." Leach countered with, "Why not? Look at how much fun they're having. They will remember this for the rest of their lives. Hell, we need more kids out here playing. That field is new. We need to get it broken in. Even if we didn't, their level of enjoyment far exceeds any level of inconvenience we might have. I need to call the intramurals department and get more kids out here playing."
Also one of my favorite WIN THE PRESSERS

Last edited:

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I know people want details but fuck it's kinda shitty to throw out phrases like "possible brain damage" when you aren't in the fucking room with them, and if someone in the room is putting that shit out there, honestly what the fuck.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
MSU fan on Reddit posted that he didn’t get “attention” for 10-15 minutes so he’d truly need a miracle if that’s true. They’re probably just waiting for his family to all be there. There will be no next Mike Leach.

I really hope that’s false but it makes sense given everything

Brick

I know people want details but fuck it's kinda shitty to throw out phrases like "possible brain damage" when you aren't in the fucking room with them, and if someone in the room is putting that shit out there, honestly what the fuck.

Ander1345

"Golf’s pretty much for people that don’t swear effectively enough or need practice at it, and so there are people that need golf, and I don’t think I do."

"If you get into a fight, don't take your helmet off...We're looking for smart football players, not dumb ones. In the interest of time, don't get into any more fights today."

Ander1345

Really hope that's not the case, but seems likely.

The reporting around this has seemed absolutely unprofessional.

worst2first

I don't follow college football much anymore, but Mike Leach is someone I've always admired. I read Swing Your Sword when I had the opportunity to leave the classroom for a full-time union job, and it encouraged me to take the chance. I may have to reread it. It was the message I needed to hear at that time.

I think Mike Leach would have been successful at anything he put his mind to. He had a unique way of looking at things and always seemed to enjoy life. The world is worse without him.

May his memory be eternal.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Just shocking. If he was really going to retire after this year, that's an incomprehensibly cruel twist of fate. Cannot imagine how his family, players, or staff feel.

Obviously, I never ended up trying to do anything, but Leach was incredibly inspiring to someone who thought about getting into coaching football despite quitting football in 9th grade. I still remember watching that 60 Minutes bit on him when he was at Tech. Just being amazed at how quickly Graham Harrell would go through his progressions and then them interviewing this awesome coach where they threw the ball all the time and he's in this office with a skeleton with a pirate hat talking about Blackbeard. It was always cool to see all these trogs across the college football landscape that had been in coaching their whole lives with their bland coach speak and then this guy with a Pepperdine law degree is successful with his offense where QBs are throwing for 600 yards. Hell, I wouldn't be on Utopia without Leach; I was looking up air raid stuff for the NCAA games and stumbled across this site.

His influence over the game is incredibly extensive. I remember at some point in the 2010s, every team in the Big 12 except one was running some form of the air raid and many HCs/OCs had direct links to Leach. His winning percentage is at .596 and the minimum for the CFB HOF is .600. It would be ridiculous if they didn't make an exception for him considering his impact and the programs he was coaching at, though I'm sure they won't.

Nothing beat watching his teams in my opinion, especially when they were humming. Probably some of my fondest memories of CFB are watching the Wazzu games late at night that I was near religious about watching. I probably watched more Wazzu than UCLA or anybody else while he was there. College football will absolutely be worse without him.

w640xh480_Dvw38knUcAE6tUs.jpg