• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2022 ZAPPE

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
cam4l5cgxeka1.jpg

CJ_24

Those stats don't make the point that you think they do because they don't bifurcate between early in the regular season and the postseason. Which is important, because the point of the initial statement was that you have to run the ball in January regardless of whether you pass a lot early in the season.

KC ran for 158 yards in the super bowl and 144 yards in the divisional round. But keep fucking that chicken that you can win in the playoffs without running the ball.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Those stats don't make the point that you think they do because they don't bifurcate between early in the regular season and the postseason. Which is important, because the point of the initial statement was that you have to run the ball in January regardless of whether you pass a lot early in the season.

KC ran for 158 yards in the super bowl and 144 yards in the divisional round. But keep fucking that chicken that you can win in the playoffs without running the ball.

The Rams averaged 81.5 yards per game rushing (would've been the worst rushing offense in the league over the regular season) last year in the playoffs and nearly half their playoff rushing total came against the dogshit Cardinals and SLIDER. They ran for 43 yards in the Superb Owl. Turns out you can win in the playoffs without running the ball.

Wow, can't believe one of CJ's trog takes was completely wrong.

evil1

You cannot ignore the defensive side of the ball or the ability to run the ball, but the majority of top teams in the NFL the last few years are those that can make big plays their the air. Honestly, the team that most closely follows the defense and running mantra was the Eagles and even they were led by their QB and offensive playmakers.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
how is it a misdemeanor to drive drunk and kill someone
My brother was killed by a drunk driver. Dude did 9 months and got out.

You have beef with someone and want them dead? Get drunk and then run them over with ur car. Do it with a gun and u go to pound-me-in-the-ass prison for the rest of ur life. Hell, you might get less time than 9 months if you use ur car because this guy had been in jail for breaking and entering before.

Better yet, rent a car, then u don’t tear up ur own car and you can claim the controls were unfamiliar.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
A few weeks ago I watched the '85 Bears-Dolphins game on Youtube, and today it recommended the 1986 AFC Championship @Travis7401 .

Some observations:
  • There were at least 3 blown calls in the fourth quarter, and the world didn't end, nor did they stop the game for 10 minutes to review
  • There were so many trog split back formations late in the game it was comical- The Broncos ran the ball 3 separate times on THE DRIVE before they even crossed their own 20.
  • Dan Reeves was in a suit, and looked like Inspector Gadget with his perv raincoat, lol.
  • Cleveland's kicker had one of those single-bar facemasks and looked exactly like every other 38 year-old in Cleveland circa 1986. Just a total meatball
  • The Denver kicker had a double-bar mask, but kicked fucking barefoot in single-digit temps to tie, and then win, the game (I forgot that the TD only tied the game, the Broncos ended up winning on an OT FG)
  • The Browns have the same windbreakers from like the Jim Brown era. Ridiculous
  • Cleveland in January generally looks miserable AF. Muddy, grey, trash all over the field, and fans had all kinds of dumb banners like it's the Turkish Premier League or some shit
  • The Broncos had three third downs on THE DRIVE, and had no real business scoring, but Elway had a cannon and the Browns defense looked gassed.
  • Enberg's call at the end is comically underwhelming
All in all, just a great time capsule

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
A few weeks ago I watched the '85 Bears-Dolphins game on Youtube, and today it recommended the 1986 AFC Championship @Travis7401 .

Some observations:
  • There were at least 3 blown calls in the fourth quarter, and the world didn't end, nor did they stop the game for 10 minutes to review
  • There were so many trog split back formations late in the game it was comical- The Broncos ran the ball 3 separate times on THE DRIVE before they even crossed their own 20.
  • Dan Reeves was in a suit, and looked like Inspector Gadget with his perv raincoat, lol.
  • Cleveland's kicker had one of those single-bar facemasks and looked exactly like every other 38 year-old in Cleveland circa 1986. Just a total meatball
  • The Denver kicker had a double-bar mask, but kicked fucking barefoot in single-digit temps to tie, and then win, the game (I forgot that the TD only tied the game, the Broncos ended up winning on an OT FG)
  • The Browns have the same windbreakers from like the Jim Brown era. Ridiculous
  • Cleveland in January generally looks miserable AF. Muddy, grey, trash all over the field, and fans had all kinds of dumb banners like it's the Turkish Premier League or some shit
  • The Broncos had three third downs on THE DRIVE, and had no real business scoring, but Elway had a cannon and the Browns defense looked gassed.
  • Enberg's call at the end is comically underwhelming
All in all, just a great time capsule

GLITCH. I just watched this the other day as well, lol. I love the west coast split back formations but Denver was pure trog lol. Here are my additional thoughts.
  • The level of sophistication of the game was just so low. High school footbaw offenses are more sophisticated now and I'm not exaggerating. There were other offenses in that era that were beginning to modernize (There's a reason that West Coast offense and Run N Shoot started thriving) but Denver and Cleveland were both living in the 1970s.
  • I forgot how fucking terrible and conservative the offense was with Dan Reeves, lol. The real miracle of the DRIVE was really that Elway managed to pull it off with Reeves trying to run the clock out and end the game in a loss, lol.
  • Elway was in the running for NFL MVP with a 55% completion percentage and a 19/13 TD-INT ratio. AND THAT WAS A GREAT SEASON!
  • I fucking hate complimenting horse face, but he legit had a cannon and looked like a modern QB moving the pocket, extending the play... and then throwing to a bunch of bums.
  • That was probably the worst collection of skill position players that Denver ever had because it was a team between eras. Watson was way better earlier in his career and Jackson and Johnson were better later. Winder was mediocre and the TEs were loathsome AF. In every other good season Denver had at least one skill guy who would go off... this year was just a collection of mediocre bums lol.
    • Mark Jackson - Offensive Rookie of the year best skill position player on the team. 38 catches for 738 yards and 1 TD!
    • Steve Watson - Came into the season as WR1 and fell off to 2/3rds of his production and had 699 yards.
    • Vance Johnson - One of the worst years in his mediocre career, 360 yards receiving
    • Gerald Whillite, the FULLBACK lead the team with 64 receptions, lol. Had a decent YPC running the ball from split backs
    • Sammy Winder - the most forgettable running back to ever play for Denver stuck around for my entire childhood rarely able to break 3.5 ypc. He somehow made the pro bowl with 789 yards rushing and 9 TDs with a 3.3 ypc average
    • Orson Mobley and Clarence Kay - Old School Trog TEs who gained barely 500 yards combined.
  • Denver's defense wasn't all that great this year either they were also between eras. Tom Jackson played 16 games and had 1 sack, Simon Fletcher and Dennis Smith were still early in their careers and yet to hit their stride and Greg Kragen was a rookie. That being said, the ALBINO RHINO Karl Mecklenburg was in peak form lol. 9.5 sacks and 127 tackles!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I only watch horseface youtube vids while jerking off and slowly tightening the belt around my neck. The AFC championship games are all part of the buildup, but I typically bust about the time Phill Simms hits Mark Bavaro for the go ahead TD in the third. No looking back from that point.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The @Travis7401 and @pavel recaps are vivid and inspire me to recount tales of Astronaut High lore.

Imagine if we had film of the 1979 playoff run of the Astronaut War Eagles with Wilber Marshal kicking a winning FG and catching a winning touchdown in back to back games to land in the SEMI's against Belle Glade Glades Central High School Raiders only to bow out 20-6. "They ran cross bucks out of the split formation all night and the War eagles couldn't stop it," my biological father told me 25 years later. He was in attendance. I do not know what cross bucks are.

If we had film I could do a similar breakdown and recap. Plus I would be able to satisfy the inquiries of the POLK COUNTY GAZETTE sitting unanswered in @kella's inbox.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The @Travis7401 and @pavel recaps are vivid and inspire me to recount tales of Astronaut High lore.

Imagine if we had film of the 1979 playoff run of the Astronaut War Eagles with Wilber Marshal kicking a winning FG and catching a winning touchdown in back to back games to land in the SEMI's against Belle Glade Glades Central High School Raiders only to bow out 20-6. "They ran cross bucks out of the split formation all night and the War eagles couldn't stop it," my biological father told me 25 years later. He was in attendance. I do not know what cross bucks are.

If we had film I could do a similar breakdown and recap. Plus I would be able to satisfy the inquiries of the POLK COUNTY GAZETTE sitting unanswered in @kella's inbox.

Crossbuck is just a counter play out of a T, wing T, or split back formation. Because of the formation, the running backs will cross paths. Not sure where the buck part came from but probably old timey racist lol. The QB opens to fake a handoff in one direction (usually the primary ball carrier). The secondary back takes a jab step in the same direction and then crosses behind the primary ball carrier receiving the fake and takes the real handoff from the QB while the QB's back is turned to the defense. The QB then executes a waggle or bootleg fake. Typically there is a pulling guard (but not always - depends on defensive front) and the fake serves to stall the defense and replace the guard.

This is the best diagram I could find. I think the reason it worked well in the olden days was the QB has his back to the defense when he hands the ball off and Old timey footbaw players would get confused as if the QB was a magician because they couldn't see the ball. In modern footbaw defensive players are coached better and ur QB would probably just get his kidneys destroyed and the LBs would probably just follow the pulling guard to the play anyway. I did run something similar called a "half spin" series from the WILD KELLA formation and the QB's spin motion looked the same in every version of the play, but there were 4 different plays off of that same action to punish defenders who try to ball watch. Defenders who key the guard/blocking back will not be fooled, lol, but tricking middle school kids is easy!

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Crossbuck is just a counter play out of a T, wing T, or split back formation. Because of the formation, the running backs will cross paths. Not sure where the buck part came from but probably old timey racist lol. The QB opens to fake a handoff in one direction (usually the primary ball carrier). The secondary back takes a jab step in the same direction and then crosses behind the primary ball carrier receiving the fake and takes the real handoff from the QB while the QB's back is turned to the defense. The QB then executes a waggle or bootleg fake. Typically there is a pulling guard (but not always - depends on defensive front) and the fake serves to stall the defense and replace the guard.

This is the best diagram I could find. I think the reason it worked well in the olden days was the QB has his back to the defense when he hands the ball off and Old timey footbaw players would get confused as if the QB was a magician because they couldn't see the ball. In modern footbaw defensive players are coached better and ur QB would probably just get his kidneys destroyed and the LBs would probably just follow the pulling guard to the play anyway. I did run something similar called a "half spin" series from the WILD KELLA formation and the QB's spin motion looked the same in every version of the play, but there were 4 different plays off of that same action to punish defenders who try to ball watch. Defenders who key the guard/blocking back will not be fooled, lol, but tricking middle school kids is easy!

View attachment 27769

This play is nerfed in Madden by the LG not pulling right