• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2024: The Offseason Thread

Mame YO

slings rocks
Chip obviously wanted to go back to the NFL and felt he couldn't stay at UCLA. IMO if he succeeds at tOSU he will leverage that to get back to the NFL. No more CROOTIN for him.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Chip obviously wanted to go back to the NFL and felt he couldn't stay at UCLA. IMO if he succeeds at tOSU he will leverage that to get back to the NFL. No more CROOTIN for him.
Okay, but UCLA was on the hook for almost 25 Million for the next 4 years. What’s tOSU gonna pay him? Should have let ucla fire him and profit.

bruin

UCLA AD Martin Jarmond said they’d like to have a coach in place in the next 72 hours.

Personally, I think they knew this was coming and already have their guy.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Saying Oregon can’t beat Washington is like saying Ohio state can’t beat Michigan because of the last three games while ignoring the previous 20 in which Ohio state dominated the series lol.

Oh I must have missed where Ohio State fans are on here gloating endlessly about Milk Steak leaving Michigan for THE SHIELD.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Btw the gloating is mostly because of brick saying that UW had a better medium/long term outlook and I’m just never going to let that go rofl.

Maybe you should. If Washington is really going to go downhill from here then shouldn't you be punching up at Ohio State or Michigan? This stuff is why people think Oregon fans have chronic little brother syndrome.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was trying to be chill with the utopian Michigan fans but they all have me on ignore lol. Very excite for Oregon-tOSU doe.

I ran into a bunch of Nebraska fans on twitter. Delusional af

Brick

Btw the gloating is mostly because of brick saying that UW had a better medium/long term outlook and I’m just never going to let that go rofl.
they lost their coach you cluefuck

lol at that graphic missing the second 2023 win.

imagine your rival having a better season that your program has ever had, in a season they beat you twice, and being obnoxious cuckbags because ur crootin cult has you convinced ur some powerhouse. lol.

all the while the highlight of oregons season:
SmartSelect_20240210_092740_YouTube.gif

Mame YO

slings rocks
@Brick you have the memory of a goldfish. 2010, 2014 happened last I checked. That 2012 team was one of the best Oregon teams ever. “Better than your program ever had” rofl. Yeahokay.gif

Washington had to build for multiple years to have their one shot and now they’re in a situation where it will take years at best to get anywhere near that level again. Even if they hadn’t lost their corch they would’ve been a few seasons from serious contention again simply as a function of talent. Contrast that with Oregon, which is in a situation where they are a legitimate contender basically every season. Washington fans will look fondly on the last couple of years and rightfully so, but it’s incontrovertible at this point that these programs aren’t even comparable moving forward. And again, I told you that was going to be the case and you didn’t want to hear it.

Brick

Contrast that with Oregon, which is in a situation where they are a legitimate contender basically every season. Washington fans will look fondly on the last couple of years and rightfully so, but it’s incontrovertible at this point that these programs aren’t even comparable moving forward.
oregon never won 14 games

quote saved that i will take out of context at a future date.

did you learn the word incontrovertible yesterday or are you that dumb.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Maybe! I don’t really want to get into the hypotheticals, we already did a lot of that, but they were definitely a contender. I think it’s a weird thing to say they weren’t considering they were a plausible participant going all the way into conference championship week.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Maybe! I don’t really want to get into the hypotheticals, we already did a lot of that, but they were definitely a contender. I think it’s a weird thing to say they weren’t considering they were a plausible participant going all the way into conference championship week.
Real talk I think it’s really weird you thought they were, they weren’t in the conversation once they lost to warshington the first time

Mame YO

slings rocks
oregon never won 14 games

quote saved that i will take out of context at a future date.

did you learn the word incontrovertible yesterday or are you that dumb.
In 2010 there was no playoff. Undefeated going into the championship game is comparable imo. To me to me this is bordering on semantics given that they won all the games they played going into the championship game, same as UW. You’re just pointing out that the system was different in 2010 than in 2023. Beyond that, 2014 was a really good season too, they ended up in the same place as UW that season too.

No serious observer would look at Oregon and Washington as programs and conclude that washington as a program is even in the same ballpark as Oregon moving forward. UW has a lot of work to do to even get back into the discussion and it’s going to be a multi-season affair. They’re lucky their schedule is easy, they might win 8 games next year.
Real talk I think it’s really weird you thought they were, they weren’t in the conversation once they lost to warshington the first time
I consumed an unhealthy amount of college football media this season and they were definitely in the conversation lol. I know it got controversial there towards the end when people starting debating Texas/bama/Oregon while assuming FSU would get in, but I think you’re also discounting how much the committee liked Oregon this year (consistently ranking them above teams with better resumes based on eye test, basically).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just because people talk about them doesn’t make it a realistic proposition. They never had a shot once they lost. I guess if all the teams above them lost twice but there’s another hypothetical for you.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Yeah, I mean, I get what you’re saying @OU11 I just don’t entirely agree with it either if your conclusion is that they weren’t a contender. The way they felt about FSU there’s a world where it was Michigan/bama/texas/oregon imo. We’ll never know obviously but I don’t think there is enough certainty to write them off either.

Mame YO

slings rocks
SERIOUS OBSERVER
Oregon is +1000 to win the title next year on fanduel (4th best odds), o/u for regular season win total is 10.5 games.

Washington is +10000 (22nd) with an o/u of 7.5.

Oregon returns 70% of their production from last year, one of the highest teams by that metric. Washington is dead last by the same metric.

Oregon has the 3rd ranked composite class in the nation for 2024, Washington has the 38th. This only looks worse for UW when you compare previous classes too.

Oregon has a stable coaching staff, institutional support, NIL, etc. Washington just lost the best coach they’ve had in decades along with the entire support staff. Nowhere near the same NIL support, etc.

You aren’t a serious person if you think these are comparable programs.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Just take the L @Brick. If UW bounces back in a couple of years you’ll have plenty of opportunity to try and rub it in my face just as I’m doing to you now.

Brick

Just take the L @Brick. If UW bounces back in a couple of years you’ll have plenty of opportunity to try and rub it in my face just as I’m doing to you now.
ur rubbing vegas lines and ur predictions that haven't come true in my face. since ur wrong and a complete dickhead about everything more than anyone on this site about everything i will take this one. u got me.