• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 Off-Season Thread (ARBITRATION NEEDS TO BE DONE)

Lloyd Carr

How much importance do you guys put on the strategy sliders (leading/trailing + current inning(s))? I fiddled around with tied and +1 and -1 for all 9 innings, but not sure if it's really worth it to do it for all 9 innings and for all potential scoring situations.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
How much importance do you guys put on the strategy sliders (leading/trailing + current inning(s))? I fiddled around with tied and +1 and -1 for all 9 innings, but not sure if it's really worth it to do it for all 9 innings and for all potential scoring situations.

I don't think I've bothered in the WBL. In the UBL I did. It takes forever, they need to redo that interface somehow.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

You can copy and past them. I just randomly messed with it an applied to to all situations.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Karl, just realize you pay a hefty fine going over $4m in IFA. I also believe you can't bid on any IFAs the following year if you go over.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I have one set of sliders that I always use across my 4 teams but it's not too big of a deal.

I had mine all sabermetricked out, as well as my batting order. Richmond got a bit better but never really did anything.

Now I let my bench corch do my batting order because I am busy and the Dubs go worst to 2nd best and made the league shampship.

I think it has more to do with the number of tankers than anything.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I thought Pottenger was a good move BTW. Expensive, but a stud catcher is rare and if you have the budget, go for it. Plus, you won the ship.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Karl, just realize you pay a hefty fine going over $4m in IFA. I also believe you can't bid on any IFAs the following year if you go over.

The fine is 100% of the amount you go over, so $20m really = $20m + $16m.

And you can't bid on any IFAs over $750,000 the next year I think.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Random but the amount of good hitting catchers in this league is crazy.

I also agree with lack of good LHP in the league. Also seems like there is more RH hitting in this league too than the UBL.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Just wait til pre-season. Look at some of the deals I got last year...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I figured. I think i can tell when it is going to happen. Will push a new one out in a bit

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It is weird, first two uploads stalled and I knew they wouldn't work. Computer wasn't plugged in.

Lloyd Carr

Are there parts that don't save or transfer over after each sim? For instance, my short-list of players was reset with the new file; same with my strategy setup and a few other things. Not the biggest deal, but just wondering if that's supposed to happen.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are there parts that don't save or transfer over after each sim? For instance, my short-list of players was reset with the new file; same with my strategy setup and a few other things. Not the biggest deal, but just wondering if that's supposed to happen.

Oh no... I didn't tell you the most important part haha. I'm an idiot, you have to export the file. Top 3(?) buttons on the right column, the house. Hit that and I think it says "export to FTP"

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just can't do that without radford's consent. He doesn't have a lot of time with the game. Another strike for babbies.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
rkZq7.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
How long were we simming before? 3?
2 so no quick signings happened. YAY OFF SEASON. I really do want to move IFA to preseason and just make it so no team can sign anybody and advance until February after arbitration next year.

Lloyd Carr

So far I like this. No idea what I am doing for the most part and I feel like there is a ton of stuff to do to get this team on the right track, but I'm enjoying it.