• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040 WBL Season Thread (Roster Exansion Time)

Wolfman21

Went 3-3 this week, much better! Young guys are really coming through as well...

Stud 21 year old pitcher Amir Leduc shut down the Australia All Whites only allowing 1 earned run over 8.1 innings while striking out 7.
22 Year old 1B Yoshino Kichida is hitting .356 with 3 doubles, 4 homeruns and 10 RBI in the 12 games since being called up.
19 Year old RF Miguel Chavez, the #1 Prospect in the Tehran Organization, is hitting .265 with 5 RBI in 9 games.

Looking forward to infusing more young talent in the coming seasons

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
This season has been a disaster, lol. Way to follow up on the shampship. This year's injuries were just crippling- lost my centerfielder forever, had my top two pitchers on the DL pretty much all season, and other guys were in and out of the lineup all season. That said, I think the future is bright with Carrier and Noda coming to the big team soon, and a few other guys who could turn out to be good players.

Lloyd Carr

Buffalo is finally starting to come around, winning 12 out of the last 16. Then Gilleland goes and strains a hamstring to end his year.

Damn it.

osick87

Community Liaison
I got an outfielder I didn't realize I had back from the DL.

3.6 WAR in 90 games

original.gif

Lloyd Carr

I essentially just wasted money on my back-end trades.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-sign Tseng, even though I initially had plans to just let him walk. The only reason I traded my 4th for Holden was to replace Tseng's bat and to get that extra utility defense for off-day support. I then took on Gonzo's contract to get that replacement 4th pick.

Good thing it's not my real life money I'm fucking around with.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You didnt waste it tho. You need to keep payroll high enough it justifies a budget increase

osick87

Community Liaison
What's market value on a 28 yr old pitcher who is consistently a 5 win (WAR wise) player?

Lloyd Carr

You can pick up a player better than Tseng man.

Taking a look at the upcoming FA's, there are very few that have similar numbers that can fill the role Tseng played (1B/DH).

I'll be gunning for doh's DH (spoiler alert), so we'll see how that goes.

osick87

Community Liaison
Colomo is wanting 7 years @17.5 per/

For some reason in the game, I thought it said he was 35 so I was hesitant on that deal. That and it isn't in my budget.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Taking a look at the upcoming FA's, there are very few that have similar numbers that can fill the role Tseng played (1B/DH).

.770 OPS, 109 OPS+? I don't think it would be difficult. I could probably find 3 minor league guys in each system. Ones people night basically give away.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm pretty pissed I didn't sign him to a TO for year 2 like I did with Curto. I probably could've gotten him for about 5M too for the TO because he is barely about 4M this year. He was very, very limited before the DH but now Lugin is pretty valuable with the DH. I'm hoping to find someone else like him in this FA.

When he got off to his hot start, he wanted about 2/18 plus a 10M TO. If he was 34 and not 37 I would've pulled the trigger but I decided to not do it. Now he wants 5/90.

Lugin is 2nd in the league in OPS and is 1*. If that doesn't show you stars are useless, I don't know what does @Orlando.

I'm not sure what I'll do with 1B/DH next year. The good news is I have a LH 1B in AAA who is pretty damn good (my 2018 1st rounder) and is about ready. He's a 60 DEF at 1B so that'll be better than Curto who I'm going to let walk. I'll probably have him at 1B vs RHP. Also Eretgun is stuck behind Sanchez so he can be 3B v LHP with Sanchez as 1B. He could also DH if it came to it but this off-season I'm looking to get a DH v RHP and a DH v LHP too (maybe a 3B with each to have Sanchez DH a bit he's not a great 3B defensively).

jdlikewhoa

I'm pretty pissed I didn't sign him to a TO for year 2 like I did with Curto. I probably could've gotten him for about 5M too for the TO because he is barely about 4M this year. He was very, very limited before the DH but now Lugin is pretty valuable with the DH. I'm hoping to find someone else like him in this FA.

When he got off to his hot start, he wanted about 2/18 plus a 10M TO. If he was 34 and not 37 I would've pulled the trigger but I decided to not do it. Now he wants 5/90.

Lugin is 2nd in the league in OPS and is 1*. If that doesn't show you stars are useless, I don't know what does @Orlando.

I'm not sure what I'll do with 1B/DH next year. The good news is I have a LH 1B in AAA who is pretty damn good (my 2018 1st rounder) and is about ready. He's a 60 DEF at 1B so that'll be better than Curto who I'm going to let walk. I'll probably have him at 1B vs RHP. Also Eretgun is stuck behind Sanchez so he can be 3B v LHP with Sanchez as 1B. He could also DH if it came to it but this off-season I'm looking to get a DH v RHP and a DH v LHP too (maybe a 3B with each to have Sanchez DH a bit he's not a great 3B defensively).
22 years in the minors, he better be ready

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Henry Turner on my team is a guy I'd take over Tseng anytime. Bill Dickey too. Just convert to 1B

Wolfman21

so who owns the Dublin Distillers and how in the hell are you only paying Hocine Mercier 8 mil/yr with his insane production? lol

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey perfect intro, I might trade block him this offseason. Come to me with insane offers pls.

I love Mercier but I have another young 1B and my team is super random so might as well get younger.

Wolfman21

Are there any detriments to being in the red when it comes to projected balance and current balance? I don't understand the financial overview page.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
You usually don't have your budget increase for the following year (as much) if you lose money.

Also if carry over a profit (up to 10m) you can use that on top of your budget for free agents.

Wolfman21

I guess I am just having problems seeing how my budget is $150 mil and my player payroll is $116 mil yet i'm 9 million in the red on my current balance while i'm only 2 million in the red on my projected balance. Also, why do I have 9 million in the green in cash in my current overview?