• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

We had two freak off-field accidents this week, nixed both if you're wondering why they are not hurt. Ain't nobody got time for players going down in a playoff race because they want to throw BP to their shitty son.

I think we should just leave the injures as is, even if they are stupid.

We had like 3 more stupid injuries this sim. So we either refund all stupid injuries, or we chalk it up to "shit happens" and teams deal with the cards they are dealt.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Slipping in the bathtub is different than getting hurt on the field, but I do agree with you.

Lloyd Carr

I deleted the message now, but I could have sworn I saw an e-mail title saying someone was injured/burned by boiling water or something. And another dude was in a car crash because he was driving too fast.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think we should just leave the injures as is, even if they are stupid.

We had like 3 more stupid injuries this sim. So we either refund all stupid injuries, or we chalk it up to "shit happens" and teams deal with the cards they are dealt.
Slipping in the bathtub is different than getting hurt on the field, but I do agree with you.
I deleted the message now, but I could have sworn I saw an e-mail title saying someone was injured/burned by boiling water or something. And another dude was in a car crash because he was driving too fast.

If I see a story about a dumb off the field incident I'm nixing the injury. I already looked at the guy who can't boil and he wasn't even hurt. Didn't see the car crash. We have had long term injuries because a guy tore his knee up getting out of bed. Not gonna fly with me.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Most of those silly ones are short. I know you haven't nixed them all, but it's your call.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well if i miss them it is because i didnt get an email. Let me know and I'll fix them

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I could make a rule of over two weeks I nix it if you guys hate it that much. I'm just not going to let a guy tear his knee again getting out of bed. There is no fun in that. Plus most of the time the injury is over by the end of the sim anyway, I don't stop the sim for these things

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah exactly. Most are short so I don't see it as a big deal, even if it's a few weeks. It's the career ending game of catch with their kid that is rediculous haha.

NML

Unfortunately, I'm gonna be out of town this weekend (leaving tomorrow afternoon). We could try and run through the playoffs tonight (or as long as I'm in them) or I can just set my shit and pray it all works out.

NML

I'm all set. Thoughts going into the series

- Zee Loo has owned FB in his two starts during the regular season, and he'll get game one and five.
- Juan Ortiz has blown, .176/.250/.314 against FB. Not good that my best player struggles against them
- We won the season series 9-5
- Neither team is particularly good at home or away, so I'm not sure my home field matters too much

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Eh I'll be gone sooner than that now… I'm fine barring injuries unless it goes 5 games.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll be gone too, Quale you know what to do.

Also playoff teams, if you want you can increase your ticket prices a dollar or two to get dat money.

doh

Also playoff teams, if you want you can increase your ticket prices a dollar or two to get dat money.

Yes please do.

Despite gooksta's encyclopedic knowledge of baseball, they distribute playoff ticket revenues between all the teams.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Is that over the entire playoffs, or do you only get money from the combined pool from rounds your team is involved in?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

If JD is exported I'll sim game one as soon as I get home. No point in live simming I guess since everyone is gone.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Or should I just sim the first 3 games? JD is the only one involved who isn't "out" as far as I know.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't care what you do since I'm not playing, sim as much as they're okay with unless there is an injury

doh

Is that over the entire playoffs, or do you only get money from the combined pool from rounds your team is involved in?
It's combined for the series that you are in. For instance, I will split 50/50 the ticket revenue's with Moscow.

IRL the formula is much more complicated. 60% goes to the players, some to the league office and the rest for the teams. I'm not sure if the game takes out the players %.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Still being an adult unfortunately. Be about 45 mins.

Those participating do you want a live sim or a game at a time? Chime in now or else I'm simming 3 games.

@doh @NML @jdlikewhoa