• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Bold Predictions for the 2014 CFB Season

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
This is the BOLD predictions thread, not the "sure as sunrise" thread. :emo:

1. Chris Petersen wins more games than Steve Sarkisian
2. Florida State loses 2 games, fails to return to BCS Final.
3. Playoff includes 3 SEC teams
4. Charlie Weis goes .500 at Kansas, cites players fired up by new uniforms.

1. They're both sitting at 8 wins, so depending on the results of the bowls, this still could come true.

2. Well, they'll lose at least one game :trollface: and yeah, they won't be in the Final.

3. 66% correct

4. Damn, Charlie. You can't even get to average.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
- Northwestern finishes 2nd in the B1G West
- Wazzu beats either Oregon or UDub at home
- UDub beats UCLA at home
- Bama does not win the SEC West
- IU goes bowling
- Rutgers wins 2 games in their first year in the B1G, Maryland wins 9

- lol
- close if not for a bullshit no PI
- nope
- nope
- lol
- had Maryland not fucking imploded against Rutgers, the 2nd part of this would've had a shot

Skeleton Debates is where I shined though.

Preseason Picks
  • Chase's Bandwagon (Playoff Participants)
    • @Brick - Oregon/Stanford, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State
    • @bruin228 - Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, FSU
    • @whiteyc_77 - Baylor, Stanford, Alabama, FSU
  • God-like mind (Best Coach)
    • Brick - Corch Irvin Meyers
    • Bruin - Art Briles
    • Whitey - Art Briles
  • C-Sucker of the Year (Underachieving Team)
    • Brick - Mich State/UCLA
    • Bruin - Auburn
    • Whitey - Oklahoma
  • Rise of the Squirrel King (Overachieving Team)
    • Brick - LSU/Stanford
    • Bruin - TCU
    • Whitey - Kansas State
3/4, though let it be known that I switched to Baylor right after this and they should be in.
Auburn finished 8-4, like I said.

Dat TCU pick:

TOWaZFR_zpsi7krughm.gif

Brick

@whiteyc_77 still wanna bust me about corch irving freyers?

i was right about UCLA, and to some extent michigan state (flopped in two biggest games, cakewalk sked otherwise with no minny or wisconsin) underachieving.

wrong about stanford/lsu.

got 2.5 of the playoffs right (oregon counts as half). can't believe i jumped on the oklahoma train in retrospect.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Alabama doesn't get selected for the playoff.
Big XII champion doesn't get selected for the playoff.
Boise State has a losing season.

Bama was much better than I expected.

WINNER!!!!!1!

Boise State looked bad at the beginning of the year, but boy did they get better quickly.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Boise State looked bad at the beginning of the year, but boy did they get better quickly.

MY NFL team and college team have had a similar trajectory throughout the year. The running backs start playing like they're supposed to and a WR comes out of nowhere and lights it up.

Renegade

Charge on!
- Houston goes undefeated, wins contract bowl Hahaha, Levine gets fired instead. I'm ok with missing here.
- Georgia Tech bottoms out in the Coastal and PJ is fired I'm kinda shocked how well he salvaged it.
- Arizona State wins the Pac-12 South Close but no Graham family members in Santa Clara, so who cares
- Utah fires Kyle Whittingham after another mediocre season Decent recovery, but they still lost at least one game they shouldn't have
- Washington wins the Pac-12 North Not yet
- Washington State finishes in the Top 25 Heh, Leach...dude.
- South Alabama wins the Sun Belt Didn't win it, but they're in a bowl.
- Tulane and Memphis are bowl eligible Well, I got the Memphis turnaround right. Tulane needs a QB and they could get there.
- App State doesn't win a single FBS game Nah, they did ok. Turns out Jerry Moore was just old and that's why it was going downhill.
- Old Dominion wins CUSA East Nope. No defense, though they did upset defending champ Rice.
- New Mexico is bowl eligible and Bob Davie retains his job (I really have no idea why I want to believe in Bob Davie) Yeah, don't believe in that asshole. That said, I think UNM is trending up.
- Rutgers goes winless in FBS play Couldn't fathom the B1G sucking more than the American. Oh well.
- CFP: FSU, Bammer, tosu, Arizona St. (tOSU will be less deserving than any number of teams, but will get in because B1G and committee not wanting to invite much controversy their first year) So close, so close. Fuck you Todd Graham, you're a douchebag (TM Rice Marching Owl Band).

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
@whiteyc_77 still wanna bust me about corch irving freyers?

i was right about UCLA, and to some extent michigan state (flopped in two biggest games, cakewalk sked otherwise with no minny or wisconsin) underachieving.

wrong about stanford/lsu.

got 2.5 of the playoffs right (oregon counts as half). can't believe i jumped on the oklahoma train in retrospect.

Listen to the rant again. I said nothing about how good of a coach he is. I went off on how much of a scumbag he is.

-YTC