• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Euro 2016 - every game is a draw

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well now he's got a card, I assume he's coming off next.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I just don't think any of France's highly rated players are as good as people think. Very good, but not championship good.

chibob

I just don't think any of France's highly rated players are as good as people think. Very good, but not championship good.

No I think they just arent playing their best players.

As 'good' as Payet is, hes not a starter. Neither is that back four. And neither is Giroud.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hey Giroud completed another pass

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No I think they just arent playing their best players.

As 'good' as Payet is, hes not a starter. Neither is that back four. And neither is Giroud.

There's no-one who isn't playing that I think would make a difference to my statement. I don't think they have anyone with a tournament winning mentality, other than maybe Benzema.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This looks like Heinz Field. Divots all over the place.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
France's set pieces defending is really shitty. Romania's best chances have all come from corners or free kicks.

chibob

There's no-one who isn't playing that I think would make a difference to my statement. I don't think they have anyone with a tournament winning mentality, other than maybe Benzema.

They just brought better players on to the pitch; Martial and Coman.

"Tournament winning mentality" you sound like one of those out of touch dinosaurs on bbc five live.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
They just brought better players on to the pitch; Martial and Coman.

"Tournament winning mentality" you sound like one of those out of touch dinosaurs on bbc five live.

Was trying to think of a better way of putting it. Maybe Payet has the balls.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Class goal, but ultimately they shouldnt need to rely on a goal like that. It should be over already.

Eh? This makes no sense. They won, and primarily due to Payet who looked fucking amazing all game, and was allowed into the game more by taking your brainless man Pogba off.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I can sort of see Pogba being overrated.. Pogba is one of those players that's clearly so good he should be dominating every game. He doesn't really do that - it's a lot of flashes of ridiculous brilliance but you might expect more. Cristiano Ronaldo was like that until 2006. He would do a ton of crazy shit but falter at the end. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I get the argument.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I can sort of see it. Pogba is one of those players that's clearly so good he should be dominating every game. He doesn't really do that - it's a lot of flashes of ridiculous brilliance but you might expect more. Cristiano Ronaldo was like that until 2006. He would do a ton of crazy shit but falter at the end. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I get the argument.

Exactly what I see. And I think Deschamps obviously has a similar view, else he wouldn't have tactically subbed him for a more cohesive look.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Exactly what I see. And I think Deschamps obviously has a similar view, else he wouldn't have tactically subbed him for a more cohesive look.

I don't think you're making the point you think by saying Deschamps agrees with you :laughing:

I do wonder if the problem is that Pogba essentially works in a free role, and with Payet and Griezmann in the team, you have 3 players who all work like that. It's hard to get a cohesive unit with 3 players who will wander around like they do, especially when you don't have much time with them. And someone like Giroud works best when he has more structure around him, so he has players to give the ball to in his hold up play.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I like Pogba, a lot, but he has maturing to do. He could easily be the best player in the world in a couple years.

The Ronaldo comparison is apt.
Hasn't got the brains, which is the difference between him and Ronaldo. Ronaldo is exceptionally intelligent as a footballer and an absolute student of the game; absolutely sure that Pogba isn't.

chibob

..............Griezeman
Martial .....................Coman
...............Pogba
..........Kante Matuidi

To me this is how they line up if you pick on best players, harping back to @hayvis 's original point.

Payet doesnt start, as class as he is he doesn't fit this system, because you have to pick between him and Pogba.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
..............Griezeman
Martial .....................Coman
...............Pogba
..........Kante Matuidi

To me this is how they line up if you pick on best players, harping back to @hayvis 's original point.

Payet doesnt start, as class as he is he doesn't fit this system, because you have to pick between him and Pogba.

I think this would be good, but isolating Griezeman like that will make it tough sometimes, especially when you're not playing as compact and able to counterattack as Atletico do. Every team besides a few will sit deep against France, and those front 3 are all best when counterattacking.

chibob

I think naturally Griezeman and Martial can interchange.

Romania played a really high line in that game, surprisingly so. They nearly got caught out by a few through balls, youd think that a front line of those free would beat most offside traps with their pace.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
ApAOx2.png

Dear Paul Pogba,

Smarten up young man. Il est seulement de commencer, la guerre, mon frere.

Signed,

Le Hachiko.

P.S. Allez PSG.

Last edited:

chibob

Most likely other national fans have chucked a flare into that pub where English fans and probably other national fans were drinking.

With the terrorist attacks less than 6 months ago everyone is on edge.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If this shit carries on, it doesn't matter who's responsible. England will get the blame and we probably deserve it all in all.

Obviously police resources are being stretched thin due to anti terrorism. Utter cunts that would cause them any extra work. I genuinely thought that even the worst hooligans would give France a bit of a break this time.