• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Key West Pirates

Gooksta

Key West Pirates
Standings

yDfQVXF.png

Gooksta

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-royals-are-basically-the-best-contact-team-ever/

I know I quit, but I put this here to maybe start a discussion or give someone some ideas in regards to roster construction. Article talks about how the royals are a put the ball in play and doesn't strikeout. So that's what I wanted to create for KW. A team that avoided empty outs and most importantly (strikeouts)

So being able to get Nazeeh and Thompson were huge. Since offense production typically goes down in the playoffs, I didn't want to rely on homeruns. I thought what if I could get like a single, steal a base, ground out move the runner to third with a ground ball and get a sac fly for a run. Not as sexy, but if my lineup could keep putting the ball in play and give me more productive outs over empty outs I could score some runs that way.. so that's how I tried to construct my team

Gooksta

My team weakness was defense.. team was below average so it made my team a good team, but not a great team

osick87

Community Liaison
Tony Gwynn&Juice would have been a better name.

Welcome Tony. I will try and do a video on Key West Pirates.

Feel free to change your team location to anywhere in the world. We have wonderful locations such as Dublin, Cairo, Amsterdam, Buffalo, Little Rock, and North Dakota.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Welcome to the WBL.

Please trade me this dude ASAP, because he single handidly knocked me out of the playoffs in 2050 and I hate/love him for that. Plus, I want to complete my decades of dominance squad. At 22 years old, he slots right in perfectly for me.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_6527.html

I'll give you my 2052 1st round pick (1-5) and my 2053 1st round pick (mid to late 1st?), so that you can start building your team how you want.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All of Schauwn's Draft picks would be a poopy deal because he won the WBL series last year so that's like the 1-18 and 2-18, etc.

Plus I'm not sure why @Schauwn in here when he ain't even answering Mr. Manager's phone calls...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Key West honestly has one of the most barren farm systems out there, IMO. The plus side is that you've got a great young core of players, but they are all in the WBL already. If you don't really care about the farm system then this won't be a big deal for you. Plenty of players seem to do fine building through trades and free agency with very limited farm systems. If your goal is to build the organization through the farm, then you're going to have to start diving into IFA and the draft a lot more.

Your entire minor league organization has like 2-3 dudes who might make it to the WBL as marginal players.

osick87

Community Liaison
Many thanks for the video, I'll have to check it out today. Can I change my user name?

Make sure to have your volume low. My mic is loud.

One screen I didn't go over is the Development screen which can sort of serve as an organizational depth chart.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So I’ve downloaded OOTP and picked my team, how do I set up the league?

Here are the steps that you guys need to follow to get our league into OOTP.
There are two ways to go about setting up the league

1) Download this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/die7lyzhykxxf34/WBL2.lg.rar?dl=0
2) Unpack it, there should be a folder called WBL2.lg
3) Move that to your saved games folder and you are done

Once you finish that up you should be able to jump in and setup your team and lineups etc. I would also throw a password on your team so no one can screw around with it.

osick87

Community Liaison
Rad beat me
Your name is Tony Friendpants. I didn't put a password on it so if you want to do that I think you go to Manager Settings- Click Use Password to sign in or w/e and it should ask you for the password.

Schauwn

Try this:

So I’ve downloaded OOTP and picked my team, how do I set up the league?

Here are the steps that you guys need to follow to get our league into OOTP.
There are two ways to go about setting up the league

1) Download this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/die7lyzhykxxf34/WBL2.lg.rar?dl=0
2) Unpack it, there should be a folder called WBL2.lg
3) Move that to your saved games folder and you are done

Once you finish that up you should be able to jump in and setup your team and lineups etc. I would also throw a password on your team so no one can screw around with it.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
So, I think I've got things set up correctly but I'm a bit confused but the "Select Manager" deal. If I pick Rad Pants or Gooksta Smith I need a PW otherwise it doesn't finish the set up. Am I missing something or do I need to make corrections on the saved game setup?

QxZACbZ.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You guys could also upload a new base file or whatever if needed. I think if any of us changed our pws to let him in it wouldn't affect that file anyways

osick87

Community Liaison
click on reel E Weird and it should take you into the game or his password is baseball

Then go to file- Online League- Download Latest league File

Once that is done, click your Manager name- Human Managers- Select Human Managers and then pick Tony Friendpants and that should work

osick87

Community Liaison
Only thing I can think that might cause it is you haven't given OOTP permission to communicate with the network through a Windows Firewall prompt?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Only thing I can think that might cause it is you haven't given OOTP permission to communicate with the network through a Windows Firewall prompt?

Whoa, slow down there prankster. I ain't using none of this WindBLOWZ shiznit, I'm on some overpriced folding book with a glowing piece of fruit on it so I ain't got any idea about no firewall prompt nonsense. Imma bout ready to throw this thang in the trash, never wants to work right.

Does anyone know which port the FTP server is running on?