• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Killing the WBL [MOD ADDED A POLL VOTE PLZ]

Start a new league?

• Total voters

NML

Let's just put it to a vote before I spend a bunch of time on it this offseason.

If the people who are half interested (@osick87 @Yankee151 etc) would be re-invigorated by a new league or some other major change, I'm for it.

If the meh people will stay meh, there's no need to.

NML

Another point is that if we did a new league, owners who are just going through the motions to help out would be reprieved.

Lloyd Carr

I don't think it would make much sense to kill the WBL and make a new league. The people who have lost interest have lost interest in the game, not so much their standing in the WBL. Or at least that's what I would assume. I mean, Schauwn took an expansion team and won the ship in 7 years. It's not impossible to make a good team. So I don't think those who lost interest lost interest just due to a lack of upwards mobility in the league.

I'm still willing to keep playing, but I'd be lying if I said I was really enjoying it. Continuously losing when I realistically shouldn't has taken a toll, and it's hard to find the motivation to play when I know I'll end up getting swept by riggers or blowing 2-0 playoff leads.

NML

Well I made this thread so we could stop speculating and those fools can make there vote.

If ur right and they wouldn't have any more immersion, then we push on.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You will lose all three o's if we restart. So take that into cosideration. I know you'll think it's easy to run the league doe :laughing:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
We killed the UBL because the league was fucked financially and other ways. I think the WBL is great finances wise and the rules, etc. I think we should contract teams. We just went with too many. Bringing in new owners would help too.

If we did a new league, I'd probably be a half assed owner at best. I've wasted too many days (x5 minutes) on this league.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We killed the UBL because the league was fucked financially and other ways. I think the WBL is great finances wise and the rules, etc. I think we should contract teams. We just went with too many. Bringing in new owners would help too.

If we did a new league, I'd probably be a half assed owner at best. I've wasted too many days (x5 minutes) on this league.

Who, pray tell, would you get rid of? So you want to get rid of some teams AND bring in new owners? Who you want to kick out? NAME NAMES.

Love that both WOLFMAN and DOH float this nonsense idea about "need fewer owners" but they don't name names.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'd rather start in a new league.
I don't think a new league is going to happen, but a well managed team is open and you can move it where ever you want. We are also discussing realignment so the league will be more fresh to everyone.

This isn't in response to you worst, but I don't see how and new league changes things for more than a season or two. I'm not going to get excited about having different players. All my current guys are getting close to retirement age anyway.

NML

Would y'all vote instead of just talking about it? Once this inevitably doesn't pass, we can put realignment up for a vote.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Who, pray tell, would you get rid of? So you want to get rid of some teams AND bring in new owners? Who you want to kick out? NAME NAMES.

Love that both WOLFMAN and DOH float this nonsense idea about "need fewer owners" but they don't name names.
Gooksta said he's done... so that's one team to contract.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This really is the stupidest idea ever, btw. You pick the time when interest is low to suggest a MASSIVE undertaking of starting a new league? I'm sure @OU-11 is ready to put in all the effort to set up a new league because you mongs are bored. How about @Orlando designing a dozen new logos? I don't think ya'll really consider what starting a new league would actually entail. If the league is burned out now, there is no way we have anyone engaged enough to start a new one.

NML

This really is the stupidest idea ever, btw. You pick the time when interest is low to suggest a MASSIVE undertaking of starting a new league? I'm sure @OU-11 is ready to put in all the effort to set up a new league because you mongs are bored. How about @Orlando designing a dozen new logos? I don't think ya'll really consider what starting a new league would actually entail. If the league is burned out now, there is no way we have anyone engaged enough to start a new one.

Yet you voted "yes"...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Look at this rigger NML quitting and then re-joining and then baking cookies by suggesting killing the league. Maybe @kella has more than one sleeper cell.

NML

Contraction isn't happening - I don't think the talent distribution is the issue for owners. Lisbon showed that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I never said go down to 12. That was Wolfman.

So, name 1 more...

The "expanded too fast" argument is stupid. You expanded by 2 teams one time right? And one of those teams just won it all, right? Both of the expansion owners are pretty engaged anyway.

Wolfman21

So, name 1 more...

The "expanded too fast" argument is stupid. You expanded by 2 teams one time right? And one of those teams just won it all, right? Both of the expansion owners are pretty engaged anyway.

i also never said go down to 12. I said the league was at its best then.

But I vote to kill it. Nobody really gives a shit anymore, atleast not like they used to. Participation has slowly dwindled to a halt outside of the shit we have to do just to keep moving forward at a snails pace. All good things must come to an end. 12+ seasons was a decent run

Also, i'm not real sure wtf i'm voting for in this thread. Its named, "Killing the WBL" but i'm voting whether i want to start another league or not?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I vote yes because fuck you spoiled chilren, I want to watch you start a new league. Would be hilarious. (I wouldn't join either).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
i also never said go down to 12. I said the league was at its best then.

But I vote to kill it. Nobody really gives a shit anymore, atleast not like they used to. Participation has slowly dwindled to a halt outside of the shit we have to do just to keep moving forward at a snails pace. All good things must come to an end. 12+ seasons was a decent run

Also, i'm not real sure wtf i'm voting for in this thread. Its named, "Killing the WBL" but i'm voting whether i want to start another league or not?

NML

You are voting whether you want to start a new league. In order to do so, we would have to kill the WBL.

There's enough owners that I don't think the league will die. If you didn't want to start a new league but didn't want to be a part of this one anymore, you could just quit.

NML

Look at this rigger NML quitting and then re-joining and then baking cookies by suggesting killing the league. Maybe @kella has more than one sleeper cell.

I don't want to kill the league, I just got into it again. But it's been an ongoing discussion and I don't want that to cloud over the league all year (nor do I want to invest a bunch of time into Cairo if the league is going to end). So I made it into a vote.

I'm going to edit the title to get errbody in here to vote. Maybe someone not on their phone could tag owners who haven't voted yet?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't have much interest in the current league but I'd rather have a league that I never win in with the three Os and Rad in it than one without them, so I don't mind looking a the sim once every other week or so. I don't need to obsess over the league to enjoy it

NML

The only people voting yes are two people who aren't owners, and Travis - who is simultaneously saying that voting yes is stupid.

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm actually kind of getting back into OOTP. I almost did a fictional league fantasty draft yesterday.

I'd prefer we don't lose @Orlando or @OU11.

I don't know if you'd lose me if you started over but OOTP developments just came out with a hockey game that has online leagues. If that turns out to be solid, I'd probably just start a hockey league if people were interested in that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
WHen Fallout 4 comes out, the riggers are going on autopilot anyway. I have some hard-work-work to do to make sure the DECADES OF DOMINANCE Plan survives.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't want to kill the league, I just got into it again. But it's been an ongoing discussion and I don't want that to cloud over the league all year (nor do I want to invest a bunch of time into Cairo if the league is going to end). So I made it into a vote.

I'm going to edit the title to get errbody in here to vote. Maybe someone not on their phone could tag owners who haven't voted yet?
I didn't realize it was really an ongoing discussion

ZackMills

Have mercy

I won't join a new league solely because I only got one year with the Tanners logo. I'll just continue this league offline and manage Desi.