• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
If you are an idiotic Mexican it's probably a lot of fun.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Philadelphia Union looking to bring the US Open Cup back to the Philly since the Philadelphia Ukrainians lifted the trophy in 1966.

NML

It's not like a work permit is a form that has to be mailed.

I would guess his participation in the WC will help his case, but it's 50/50, to me. He might have to spend another season with Seattle to get the necessary caps.

goblue96

Deuce and Martins vs. Conor "who ate all the pies" Casey for the US Open Cup then.

Bring it on!

goblue96

Yes.

casey-conor0629_9423.jpg

Renegade

Charge on!
Using my spanish petulitis skills to translate. The head of Conmebol said he'd be interested in inviting MLS teams to the Libertadores in the future. I think that'd be absolutely 100% awesome, though right now we'd get smacked hard.

http://www.goal.com/br/news/226/cop...s-estados-unidos-para-a?CMPID=FBBR_140814_MLS

Hmm, travel would be tough, and it starts during MLS preseason, so our teams wouldn't in form. I sure wish we could have something at least as meaningful as the Europa League, and the CONCACAF Champions Cup sure ain't it.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Top-notch performance from LA. One of the better performances this season. They can't beat the Sisters of Mercy with that performance, but I'll take it.

Milo

Too bad for the Rapids that Mastroeni does a great Mad Hatter impression and O'Neil's odd injury situation.

Also, for those that just keep tabs on MLS(or this thread) for USMNT purposes. Little late, but Wil Trapp is a name you may be hearing soon.

(Crew highlights start around 3 minutes in. That's when it starts getting really impressive.)

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
DC's 2nd goal last night was a thing of beauty too.

Milo

Espindola almost lobbed Irwin, too(2:50).

First half wasn't great, but second half was fun.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Have the opportunity to go to either RSL or LA Galaxy to finish out this year. 6th row back with aisle seats.

Thoughts on which to go see? Galaxy always put Seattle's dick in the dirt. Last 2 national games are 4-0 and 3-0 snoozers.

Last edited:

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Speaking of Donovan, he capped off a massive turnaround, from a 3-1 deficit to Colorado to a 4-3 victory yesterday. Unbelievable.

Milo

DC bringing it tonight. 3-0 at half in Kansas City.

A statement win with the caveat that SKC played almost a full strength team midweek in Nicaragua while D.C. played reserves (and a suspended in league play GAM) at home in their CCL game. I've been waiting for the seemingly inevitable regression toward expectations, but this team continues to grind out games and, at times, impress with their play. It's past the "Is it a fluke?" stage, but it still hasn't lost the surreal feeling.

Kitchen and Hamid have made big leaps forward this season. Hopefully this will help the team avoid the biannual disaster.

Also, Dallas got a big win this weekend. They beat RSL 2-1 despite being a man down for most the game and I think that's around 10 unbeaten. Pareja is one of the best managers in the league. He did great work in the Dallas system, his season at Colorado was really impressive(especially so considering his contrasting style compared to Smith and the youth of that team), and now has Dallas 2nd in the west. Interested to see what he can do when he has more than one season.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

I think it was part the Fire being cheap and dragging their feet and part Kraft saying I helped keep the league afloat and I'm calling in my favor.

I don't envy the Fire season ticket holder reps. The 2015 renewal drive starts next weekend and they have a big job to do. If I were the FO, I'd do what Toronto did last year. Make the renewal deadline as close to the start of the season as possible. I'd make it February 15.