• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

MLB 2023 Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Congrats on the big win, glad Travis will have a boost midweek

The MLB app on ma'phone spoils my previous audio plan - so I have been watching the extended highlights (or sometimes lack of highlights) every day! I've even caught two games live! I'm also gonna buy some fund raising ticket package from the kid of one of ma'coworkers who is raising money for #BAGSZN

Brick

also big fan of da pitch clock. game does go faster for sure but it never drags. flow is so much better. that was a 7-6 game where in two innings players got walked in with bases loaded and it still went fast. lol.

Brick

Brick money can afford better seats than that.
we like first row up there so miles can walk around if he wants and it is mostly empty. plus good shade during day games. gonna do DATE NIGHT with brickwife soon and get some nice tickets. today was perfect weather. really nice first game of szn to go to.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Honestly, I might be looking at some work travel there in the next few months. I’ll look at schedule

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
MLB wants one new team in the East and another in the West. If Vegas gets the As, has any other city stepped up as an option outside of Salt Lake in the West? Any word if the Rays could go to Nashville or Charlotte?

Salt Lake should get it over Portland just based on the fact The Sandlot was filmed there.

And because it would piss off Prehm.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I’m done with Snell. I can’t stand watching a game he pitches. He either throws balls or grooves everything. Fucker

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The sports talk radio in Salt Lake I still listen to had a baseball guy on from USA Today. He pretty much guaranteed the A's are out of Oakland and will likely land in Vegas (unless that has issues and Salt Lake can steal it).

Said he's heard about Portland, but thinks the Mariners would be against it because they are close enough people there will travel up to attend games in Seattle.

In the East, he said erryone wants to be in Nashville. Also said there's interest in Montreal to get a second team in Canada. But with the stated desire to have one team in the east and one in the west means both can't happen unless Tampa gets moved to Nashville.

Gail Miller (wife of former Jazz owner) is behind the expansion push in Salt Lake. She's pretty smart, so I wouldn't think she'd be wasting money. I'm guessing she knows something. And it's smart to get on the board early. I don't know if Salt Lake will get a team, but the next few years with Tampa and Oakland getting worked out and then figuring the expansion teams. Will be interesting to watch unfold.