• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCFL II Round 1 Due by Saturday @ Noon CST

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Made the bracket, and it would take a whole month for double elimination. We're going to swap to single elimination and finish in two weeks. The championship and bronze match will be the Monday after the 2nd round.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Could probably double check the commitment of iForm first before we stayed on 7. He hasn't logged in since he made that post.

Would be better if we could just do 6 and the team with the best point differential (or some other stat) can earn the 2nd round bye. Or since lobby defense is so hard, the team with the fewest points against in round 1 gets the bye.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Could probably double check the commitment of iForm first before we stayed on 7. He hasn't logged in since he made that post.

Would be better if we could just do 6 and the team with the best point differential (or some other stat) can earn the 2nd round bye. Or since lobby defense is so hard, the team with the fewest points against in round 1 gets the bye.

I sent him a PM.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Championship & Bronze Cup moved to the Monday immediately after the semi-finals. Tidy two week tourney.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Did we decide on rosters? I haven't had a chance to test the LSU Kid rosters, but if all it does is change names, we're better off going with a set from 2014.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Solid work @JSU Zack.

My only comment is if everyone is done early we advance to the next round.

Also in I the future I would prefer double-elimination, but no big deal.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Someone can try testing it but I don't think it'll be any different than ranked lobby games. The roster won't matter at all.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Solid work @JSU Zack.

My only comment is if everyone is done early we advance to the next round.

Also in I the future I would prefer double-elimination, but no big deal.

I would prefer double as well. #canautopiangetapoll

If everyone moves fast, we can swap back. I doubt any of you want to play in a tourney that takes four weeks.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
Whoever plays tonight:

Test the LSU Kid rosters and let us know your results. Should be able to tell before the game starts based on team ratings. If it doesn't change, use the standard set used for ODs.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
The Call Me LSU rosters would be really good for an OD. He did a good job of lowering all the ratings, the base EA rosters and most edited rosters have way too many 90+ rated teams. Nebraska is just 86 with an 83 defense, which I'd say is fair. The one bad thing is that the impact players are still based on the original rosters, so more often than not a former Senior impact player was used to create a young freshman player who retains the impact designation. In OD play, that doesn't matter because impact players change as the season goes on.

I don't see any way these will work in lobby play, ranked or otherwise.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
The Call Me LSU rosters would be really good for an OD. He did a good job of lowering all the ratings, the base EA rosters and most edited rosters have way too many 90+ rated teams. Nebraska is just 86 with an 83 defense, which I'd say is fair. The one bad thing is that the impact players are still based on the original rosters, so more often than not a former Senior impact player was used to create a young freshman player who retains the impact designation. In OD play, that doesn't matter because impact players change as the season goes on.

I don't see any way these will work in lobby play, ranked or otherwise.

Thanks for the test run. Guys, just use the regular OD rosters for the time being.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think I have to update the addon. I'll try to get to it this weekend. Otherwise one of you CS mopes will get to work on the embed code urself because I have no idea how to write them.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Arkansas advances with 47-27 victory behind 158 yds and 3 TDs by Alex Collins. The Hogs D was opportunistic at home with 4 turnovers.

I downloaded the rosters and there was some major errors. An incoming C at FB, an incoming QB at DE, ETC. I will send my corrections to Call Me LSU.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Arkansas advances with 47-27 victory behind 158 yds and 3 TDs by Alex Collins. The Hogs D was opportunistic at home with 4 turnovers.

I downloaded the rosters and there was some major errors. An incoming C at FB, an incoming QB at DE, ETC. I will send my corrections to Call Me LSU.

I doubt the rosters were in error. You cannot use custom rosters in any form of lobby play. All you were seeing were the names. He probably used a graduated FB to create an incoming C and a graduated DE to create the incoming QB. Lobby play uses default rosters and if you have a non-default roster set loaded, it will use only the names as they were placed on those players. So the FB from default rosters is still a FB, he just has the name of the C because that is the player Call Me LSU used to make the new recruit.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Is the team on the bottom the home team or the higher seeded team the home team? Or does it really matter?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I doubt the rosters were in error. You cannot use custom rosters in any form of lobby play. All you were seeing were the names. He probably used a graduated FB to create an incoming C and a graduated DE to create the incoming QB. Lobby play uses default rosters and if you have a non-default roster set loaded, it will use only the names as they were placed on those players. So the FB from default rosters is still a FB, he just has the name of the C because that is the player Call Me LSU used to make the new recruit.

I see what you are saying now. I really like the rosters after taking another look. Arkansas roster is very accurate outside of a few things that I wouldn't expect a regular fan to know.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I see what you are saying now. I really like the rosters after taking another look. Arkansas roster is very accurate outside of a few things that I wouldn't expect a regular fan to know.

Yeah for a future OD, those will be a solid base set. I think he included the key freshmen for most teams (at least the ones I saw) and more importantly I think he devalued quite a few teams/players. EA's base rosters are absurd because like 60% of the teams in the game are 80+ OVR or better with probably close to 25% 90+ or better.

Even some really good freshmen recruits are sitting in the high 60s/low 70s overall and the existing players who just advanced a year did not get a massive boost in OVR ratings like they would in off-season training. ODs are tough because pretty much every player will advance 20+ OVR points over their career, 70 OVR recruits will end up 90+ OVR almost guaranteed. From what I can tell, not only did some existing players only go up 1 or 2 points rather than 4-5, some even went down based on what they showed/didn't show last season. Nebraska's OVR went down about 4, which I'd say is fair. Not sure how it is from some other teams but I really liked that.

At some point it would be good to do a Powerhouse 2.0 OD with those 2014-15 rosters.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Arkansas was around 83 OVR which seems about right. I think they shortchanged the OL and the RBs which is a strength (relatively speaking for a 3-9 team), but everything else is spot on.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Husker and UCLA move on. It was 66-38 with 5:50 or so left when I bowed out since I figured there wasn't any point to playing for stats in an unranked game.

I played pretty terrible, lots of throws where I was staring at a defender covering my guy and still threw it. 480+ yards and 5 TDs passing but 5 picks too.

Good game Husker.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
We miiiiiiiiiiiiight want to come up with a few rules either limiting no huddle or change the quarter length because this is a bit absurd. There were 52 combined points 8 minutes into the game and when Bruin gave up it was 66-38 with 5 minutes left. Just something to shorten or slow down the game.

7 minutes works in OD play where QBA 5, run sliders and formation subs exist but in a default setting lobby game that is a LONG game. Especially so when so few passes hit the ground. Had I not decided to run a slower tempo in that game, it would have been an 80-60 score no doubt in my mind. I held the ball over 19 minutes of a 28 minute game and Utah STILL ran 62 offensive snaps.

The Bruins have 636 yards of offense, running 38 times for 417 yards and 6 TD and throwing 16 of 20 for 219 yards and 2 TD. 8 of 11 on 3rd down, 1 turnover in the endzone. The Utes had 537 yards of offense in the 3 quarters Bruin played, 9 rushes for 54 yards and 40 of 53 passing for 483, 4 TD, 5 INT.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
We miiiiiiiiiiiiight want to come up with a few rules either limiting no huddle or change the quarter length because this is a bit absurd. There were 52 combined points 8 minutes into the game and when Bruin gave up it was 66-38 with 5 minutes left. Just something to shorten or slow down the game.

7 minutes works in OD play where QBA 5, run sliders and formation subs exist but in a default setting lobby game that is a LONG game. Especially so when so few passes hit the ground. Had I not decided to run a slower tempo in that game, it would have been an 80-60 score no doubt in my mind. I held the ball over 19 minutes of a 28 minute game and Utah STILL ran 62 offensive snaps.

The Bruins have 636 yards of offense, running 38 times for 417 yards and 6 TD and throwing 16 of 20 for 219 yards and 2 TD. 8 of 11 on 3rd down, 1 turnover in the endzone. The Utes had 537 yards of offense in the 3 quarters Bruin played, 9 rushes for 54 yards and 40 of 53 passing for 483, 4 TD, 5 INT.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll play through this tourney and circle back with potential for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

I blame myself since I'm running an offense that throws 80% of the time and you scored pretty quickly on my D. Should be better in your game against JSU Zack.

fonzilla

Michigan State survives. Beats Washington 33-28. Sparty forced 5 INTs in a laggy game.

GG, @fonzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah its storming here. I got my first onside kick though to make Zack a little nervous... I proceeded to throw another int though so it was all for nothing.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Husker and UCLA move on. It was 66-38 with 5:50 or so left when I bowed out since I figured there wasn't any point to playing for stats in an unranked game.

I played pretty terrible, lots of throws where I was staring at a defender covering my guy and still threw it. 480+ yards and 5 TDs passing but 5 picks too.

Good game Husker.

Good game.

I was doing a pretty good job pattern reading your routes and luckily forced mistakes. The one thing I like about default sliders is that there are very few dropped INTs. If it hits the defenders hands, he's probably catching it. I did have a few tough drops still, the throw up the seam being the most blatant one. I baited you into that throw, read it perfect and my guy clanked it. He had 3 others though so I'm not mad at him lol.

Pattern reading and taking risks to try to force a mistake is about the only thing you can do in a lobby game. People are getting their yards and points regardless, turnovers will be the difference and they were in this one.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, the only time I got you to do what I wanted was early the game when you followed the shallow and I hit the dig for 25 yards. After that, you played great coverage.

Mike Leach is ashamed of me