• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SEC Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
There were sexual assault rumors early in the year that never went anywhere. Could be related.

Callaway would be a loss kind of like the level of losing Grier last year. He was by far the best player on offense.

Sexual assault rumors?

Look forward to seeing Harris and Callaway running through the Power T in 2017.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Too bad they weren't into kids. PSU could use more speed on the outside.

Aww...that would be cute if any PSU players were actually caught (or even alleged) doing the sexual assaulting.

I'll give you a mulligan, doe. I know people aren't always at their sharpest on Tuesday afternoons.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
No, even better, they covered it up and helped the guy by allowing him access to the facility and more kids! Having a player is peanuts compared to that.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
http://deadspin.com/report-cops-called-butch-jones-before-searching-home-w-1768103991

This might equally belong in the cops thread, but

Phone records obtained today by the Tennessean show the flurry of calls made and received by Tennessee Volunteers head coach Butch Jones on the day in 2014 when a woman said she was raped by two members of his football team.

One thing the records do, per the Tennesseean, is line up with the timeline given by former player Drae Bowles, who said Jones called him a traitor andlater said he was beaten up by fellow players for helping the woman. But they also show multiple calls between Jones and law enforcement, including the police chief, hours before police searched the apartment where the woman said she was raped, the Tennesseean reports.

:onlyinthesouth:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I know I am tainted, but I don't see what the big deal is about the cops calling Jones. I guess it is probably not SOP, but nobody was covering anything up. Both players were immediately suspended from the team the next day. Then they were arrested and charged once the investigation was complete. I'm sure it is just a courtesy from KPD to call the corch about what was happening.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

It was 20 years ago and not rape, but yeah other than that, just the same.
Manning had every white girl in new orleans on her knees ready to suck his cock since he had pubes

Dont think he had to rape some ugly ass skank at college

And I hate the prick. He is a stuck up asshole who went to a wanna be hebrew school called Newman, slurred with an initial J by the kkkool kidz. @Brick can confirm.

Brick

Someone who may or may not live with me works at a school you mentioned, so...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
So, Butch Jones should be fired right? http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...oach-butch-jones-rape-investigation/82467112/

TL;DR - after getting called by the police about the rape investigation, Butch and his staff contacted both players to let them know about the investigation. Gave the players time to talk to each other before they talked to police.

Seems to go way beyond just get a notification that he might have players in trouble. Looks to me like he's actively hindering a rape investigation.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I know I am tainted, but I don't see what the big deal is about the cops calling Jones. I guess it is probably not SOP, but nobody was covering anything up. Both players were immediately suspended from the team the next day. Then they were arrested and charged once the investigation was complete. I'm sure it is just a courtesy from KPD to call the corch about what was happening.
Do you still believe this?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Seems like a problem for the police department and not Butch Jones. Police chief calls him and tells him they are investigating two of his players for a rape so he calls his two players and says wtf? Then suspends them in the morning. They are later charged and are about to go to trial. Fired for what? i don't have time to read that entire article right now.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Seems like a problem for the police department and not Butch Jones. Police chief calls him and tells him they are investigating two of his players for a rape so he calls his two players and says wtf? Then suspends them in the morning. They are later charged and are about to go to trial. Fired for what? i don't have time to read that entire article right now.

I agree that it's a bigger problem for the police department, but it's a problem for Jones, too. Jones called one of the players six times the day after the rape. He suspended them the next day. Maybe 1 time in your scenario works, but 6 times seems like more than calling up and saying wtf.

A lot of it depends on what the police told Jones, too. If they told him they were investigating the players for rape, then Jones should have stayed out of it. If you know there's a rape investigation going on, you shouldn't be wading into the middle of it like Jones did. Sure, if all the police said is that they had an incident with his players and he's asking his player about it, then I don't really have a problem with it. But I would be shocked that if that's actually the case.

And all of this is on top of the whole sexual assault lawsuit against the University, and the fact that Jones called one of his players a traitor for helping a sexual assault victim. He should be gone.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

Wow...how did I miss this? It's like I've time traveled back to 2012/2013 and stumbled onto a PSU message board.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Come on lawyer, there is no evidence that Jones said that to Bowles. Jones emphatically denies saying it. If evidence comes out that Jones said that or that he committed some sort of crime by interfering with a rape investigation then I agree he should be fired, but right now this is all being orchestrated by the Plaintiffs' attorney working with that same Tennessean reporter to release stories like this every two weeks or so. They make it seem so awful, but when you actually look at the facts, they are very thin. They are just trying to get the University to settle and stop the bleeding. Doesn't appear that the University is going to. They want to go to trial and defend themselves. I am curious to see how it pans out.

If Jones doesn't win 10 games next year, he might get fired anyway.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Come on lawyer, there is no evidence that Jones said that to Bowles. Jones emphatically denies saying it. If evidence comes out that Jones said that or that he committed some sort of crime by interfering with a rape investigation then I agree he should be fired, but right now this is all being orchestrated by the Plaintiffs' attorney working with that same Tennessean reporter to release stories like this every two weeks or so. They make it seem so awful, but when you actually look at the facts, they are very thin. They are just trying to get the University to settle and stop the bleeding. Doesn't appear that the University is going to. They want to go to trial and defend themselves. I am curious to see how it pans out.

If Jones doesn't win 10 games next year, he might get fired anyway.

Come on, lawyer. We're not talking about proving Butch Jones committed a crime. I'm talking about a football team and a University that has problems with being too rapey. If you really want to give Jones the benefit of the doubt on this, then sure, your story fits what we know, too. But that's pretty dumb considering all the stuff swirling around the program and University right now.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well they can't fire him for cause at this point, so I doubt they want to pay 25 or 30 million dollars to fire him over an allegation. Shit man, he deserves the right to defend hisself does he not?. Like I said, this is exactly what the plaintiffs' attorney is trying to accomplish. Apply the squeeze and get a settlement.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Do they have to hold a hearing before firing him for cause? Normally those things are set up where you have to sue if you think you were wrongly fired for cause. Tennessee law for state employees might say something on that. If I ran Tennessee, first I'd fire myself for hiring him, but then I'd throw him some money and fire him. I doubt he wants to go under oath. I think there's a good chance he did commit a crime. Can't prove it, sure, but I doubt Jones wants to get into details on what he talked to his players about, why he didn't punish the players that beat up the kid who helped a sexual assault victim, etc.

And that lawsuit is a red herring in all of this. Tennessee's football program has a sexual assault problem. You have a coach that may have interfered in a rape investigation. You really want to keep that guy on? Is winning football games really that important?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The flaw in your logic is that Tennessee is innocent and this is an all butch jones thing. It's butch jones that has a connection with the PD who give him the opportunity to prep people before a sexual assault investigation.

lets not be naive here.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He's under contract. It's not like he's some random state employee. He would just sue for breach and win. I disagree with your contention that the football team has a sexual assault problem. Two players have been charged criminally and are going to trial. The rest of it is all hype. They are either former players or charges were never even pressed.

Like I said, if there is proof that Jones was trying to cover something up or called Bowles a traitor for helping a girl that may have been raped, then fire him, but until then, forgive me if I'm not up in arms about it.

It would be one thing if the school promoted AJ Johnson for the Heisman while he was being investigated for rape or if Butch Jones was told about the rape and then never reported it all the while letting AJ Johnson keep playing and then maybe even coach at the school for 20 more years.

I mean shit, in the end I don't really give a shit, though. If they fire him or if they don't fire him. It's just football. I watch it and have fun. I'm more interested in the legal issues at this point.

Brick

He's under contract. It's not like he's some random state employee. He would just sue for breach and win. I disagree with your contention that the football team has a sexual assault problem. Two players have been charged criminally and are going to trial. The rest of it is all hype. They are either former players or charges were never even pressed.

Like I said, if there is proof that Jones was trying to cover something up or called Bowles a traitor for helping a girl that may have been raped, then fire him, but until then, forgive me if I'm not up in arms about it.

It would be one thing if the school promoted AJ Johnson for the Heisman while he was being investigated for rape or if Butch Jones was told about the rape and then never reported it all the while letting AJ Johnson keep playing and then maybe even coach at the school for 20 more years.

I mean shit, in the end I don't really give a shit, though. If they fire him or if they don't fire him. It's just football. I watch it and have fun. I'm more interested in the legal issues at this point.
The free entertainment defense, lawd.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Jalen needs to be bamas Qb

635810339844910818-jal.JPG

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

#WEARE

-YTC