• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We'll see how the tires hold but the Papayas look for real. I keep waiting for them to implode

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Piastri has been a nice surprise. Very good driver and nice guy. I would love to have seen the top 4 on the grid have raced with equal cars. Checo proving that the RB is a rocket ship. What the fuck is the DRS trick? Has no other team worked it out yet?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
M'wife has gotten into F1 racing. We turned the TV on one Sunday morning and an F1 race was on and she got into it. Since then she's watches the practices, qualifying and the races along with the Netflix series.

I enjoy watching Bull Riding with her, which she got into several years ago. But racing is tough for me.

I asked if she was becoming a NASCAR fan. She said no, but I'm sus.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I watched more of yesterday's race than any other. The rain coming right after they started made things interesting. But Max, despite falling way back, totally is the most dominant driver out there right now and it's not even close. It would take a major mistake from his team or an accident to keep him from winning anything right now. It's quite impressive.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
This cup car absolutely sucks. When you can’t fucking pass at Darlington, you know something is wrong with it.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni

ho lee fuk, could you imagine if that was an EV leading the Indycar field? The rednecks would still be howling.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I love these graphics

wzwisttrb1xb1.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I hate the Ferraris. Every race they qualify in pole I get excited that it isn't Verstappen, forgetting that they will cook the tires and fall down the grid by the second half of the race.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
what is actually good competitive racing that is available televised over here? ideally something where they drive things that resemble regular cars and isn't Nascar

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Where is “over here”? You overseas?

If ur stateside, SCCA usually has some racing on CBS Sports or something The Spec Miata series is fucking awesome.

Trans-Am series is good too, I think they’re owned by Nascar actually.

Clark%20TA%20WatkinsGlen%2019%20-183.jpg

Last edited:

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
MX-5 Cup cars were tested at Martinsville last month. Dale Jr and Bobby Labonte were some of the drivers in the test.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
let's start with something I don't have to illegally stream or pay exorbitant monthly fees to watch where the winner isn't decided what feels like halfway thru the season?

mx5s would be cool.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Our viewers are old BOOMERS or illiterate ZOOMERS. Where can we put our product where they can't find it? Streaming of course. GJGE, NASCAR.

As part of the deals, Fox will get 14 Cup Series races annually in the first portion of the season, including the Daytona 500. From there, the next five Cup races will be on Amazon Prime Video, marking the first time in NASCAR history its top series will be exclusively streamed.

Warner Bros. Discovery will take over after Amazon's races and carry the next five races. Those will be simulcast on TNT and streamed on the Max service.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Remember how Nascar got to be on Fox and NBC to begin with? It was people complaining about the race being on CBS one week, ESPN the next, TNN the week after that, then ABC carried 4 races a year, then the 600 on TBS, then back to ESPN….lol.