• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Saved by a Montreal high stick! Still they need to reboot the lineups/strategies while they go through this somewhat soft stretch of the schedule.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
In Winnipeg, too, against one of the hottest teams in the league right now. TORTZ

Vegas wearing their Winter Classic uniforms against Calgary. They look great even indoors. Also Vegas sucks ass right now and that's fun.

1000009296.jpg

wtf-what-the-fuck.gif

My initial thoughts were about the health issues he's been battling this year, which he's not wanted to talk about.

Others have noted that he's the second player from that Canadian WJC team in 2018 to take a leave of absence this week. That's the team with the alleged sexual misconduct in investigation going on now. I'm really hoping it's not because of this that he's taking leave. I guess we'll see.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think it's pretty likely he is a rapist or at least witness but they really should just release the names to avoid speculation on the guys who aren't being charged

Exactly 4 other players on that team have requested leaves of absence in the past few days and there are 5 getting charged....so yeah

Last edited:
So I'm just saying this out loud, but I'm really disgusted with myself for basically taking months, days (however long this story has been in the news) to stop thinking about teams, players, the league, etc. before considering and having empathy for the victim in the case. Fuck me. Whatever happened, someone's daughter, some woman was assaulted and will bear the scars for a lifetime. Not trying to be dramatic, but I hate that my first instinct or thoughts were about the hockey impact, not the human cost. Yuck.

:alwayshasbeen: