• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Eh there are only two SS I'd really go for. Maybe that isn't the best position to ask for :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I guess I just want 1st rounders. Can package multiple guys for that. Teams that are rebuilding could trade one possible good player for 2-3 good players. A lot of the guys listed would go top 5 if they were in this past draft. Definitely top 10

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
lol, just put Darrach at SS. Hes prolly as good a overall SS as there is in the WBL, lol
There are definitely ones with more potential (Padilla, Ping, Chong), but Darrach has played well when given the opportunity.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Somebody has to need OF somewhere. Lipinski is completely over playing his ratings and can be yours. The man is hitting .364

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What are you asking in return

I don't know what he's worth to you'll. I'd love to keep him but the bash brothers need to be up together. He can't play CF and I only like to have 4 OF so I can't use him as a back-up. I just want him to start.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Lloyd Carr grab Lipinski. He would complete your OF.

Bummer Boerboom isn't panning out. 3B are tough to come by.

Also, I think you won the Bernal trade. Thrillseeker has panned out making Bernal expendable and Widineev is going to be a stud.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Also, I think you won the Bernal trade. Thrillseeker has panned out making Bernal expendable and Widineev is going to be a stud.
Gimme bernal

Lloyd Carr

I was going to bring up Enquist and start him at LF, put Reyes at CF, and Widineev at RF. Then have Chekoev as the backup.

If I do that, I'd want to move Dickey and van As.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't think you will get many bites for either of those guys. OFs like them are everywhere in the league right now.

Lloyd Carr

I'm not going to give up on Boerboom just yet, but I want to test the waters to see who is available. I'm going to attempt to platoon Boerboom/Frisby at 3B and see how that pans out before I jump in and pick up a replacement. But I'm interested to know who is available in the event I need to make the switch.

And I don't know if I would say I "won" the trade. With that 1st round pick you gave me I got Enquist, who has done well in the minors up to this point, but I'm still waiting on him to come up to Buffalo. And Widineev will be a beast, but OF is pretty saturated in the league. Quality 2B/SS are hard to come by.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And I don't know if I would say I "won" the trade. With that 1st round pick you gave me I got Enquist, who has done well in the minors up to this point, but I'm still waiting on him to come up to Buffalo. And Widineev will be a beast, but OF is pretty saturated in the league. Quality 2B/SS are hard to come by.

Your timing was perfect though. You had a replacement waiting. Bernal isn't a SS even though I play him there haha. OF is saturated, but with average players. Beast CF are still valuable. Enquist is TBD but all signs point to him being successful.

NML

In a weird place where I could sell everyone or buy and try and get back into the hunt.

I have a nice advantage with my budget so I need to be careful of losing that. More tempted to push forward.

Need some offensive help mostly

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In a weird place where I could sell everyone or buy and try and get back into the hunt.

I have a nice advantage with my budget so I need to be careful of losing that. More tempted to push forward.

Need some offensive help mostly

Lipinski wants a new home

NML

My four best bats of last season are all ice cold

Would really love an err day, defensive minded shortstop

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Not sure if I will be selling or buying at this point. Going to hold the fort down for a while and hope guys like Tang and Shulz pitch better. Abel Hernandez has been pretty good so far. Bullpen with Townsend trade and two injuries is a bit of a mess at this point though.

Lloyd Carr

Not sure if I will be selling or buying at this point. Going to hold the fort down for a while and hope guys like Tang and Shulz pitch better. Abel Hernandez has been pretty good so far. Bullpen with Townsend trade and two injuries is a bit of a mess at this point though.

Was wondering when you'd send down Lee. He turrible.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Looking for: 1B, 3B or LF at this point. Looking to move players around a bit and get better defensively.

Lloyd Carr

Could've had Pancho for cheap but now we rollin

If I was trying to compete for ship right now, I'd have gone for Pancho. But Pancho is expensive, 33 years old, and on contract through 2043 (and I won't be in the ship next year, and he'll likely want more money to resign).

Wouldn't be worth it to pursue him.

jdlikewhoa

If I was trying to compete for ship right now, I'd have gone for Pancho. But Pancho is expensive, 33 years old, and on contract through 2043 (and I won't be in the ship next year, and he'll likely want more money to resign).

Wouldn't be worth it to pursue him.
He is expensive but I overpaid in FA to sign him. I doubt he'll ask for more at contract time, but who knows.

I would've sold him off at the beginning of the season, but I've got some guys that have slumped so far and I need all the hitters have right now.