• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

R2D2

Saw it on twitter

If the Cavs offseason was a movie
20229736_10155313484701006_2704224952458204816_o.jpg

evil1

If Kyrie wants to be the focal point, he should just stay in Cleveland. LeBron is leaving next year anyways.

Along those lines, I don't get how LeBron can act blindsided or disappointed. He purposely has only signed 1-2 year deals in order to give himself the option of leaving and rumors already have him going to another team next year. I don't place too much stock into such rumors by themselves, but it is noteworthy that LeBron never shot them down. He could have come out and said (even if it is a lie) that Cleveland has have been to three straight NBA Finals and that he has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Nope. Instead he looks like someone who already has one foot out the door but is "blindsided" that other people want to leave before him.

sayo

YEET
I'm most surprised by him not wanting to play with LeBron anymore. I mean, he has the fucking Spurs on his list. Kawhi is a different player but he's still gonna be second fiddle. Minnesota, he's probably the third best player. :laughing:

evil1

I don't think it is a case of Kyrie not wanting to play alongside LeBron anymore as much as it is a case of Kyrie not wanting to play in LeBron's shadow.

In the last two NBA Finals, Kyrie has averaged 28 pts, 4 rebs, and 4 asts per game. In the 2016 Finals, he outplayed Steph Curry throughout the series and even hit what was essentially the game winning shot in game 7. That is pretty awesome, yet I can see Kyrie believing that LeBron is receiving all of the credit. When Kyrie does well, the typical media story is that it is because LeBron is setting him up. If Kyrie has a bad game, it is proof that LeBron has an inferior supporting cast.

Even if Kyrie goes someplace where he isn't an undisputed #1 option, he may think that at least he will be viewed as a co-partner as opposed to a sidekick.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't think it is a case of Kyrie not wanting to play alongside LeBron anymore as much as it is a case of Kyrie not wanting to play in LeBron's shadow.

In the last two NBA Finals, Kyrie has averaged 28 pts, 4 rebs, and 4 asts per game. In the 2016 Finals, he outplayed Steph Curry throughout the series and even hit what was essentially the game winning shot in game 7. That is pretty awesome, yet I can see Kyrie believing that LeBron is receiving all of the credit. When Kyrie does well, the typical media story is that it is because LeBron is setting him up. If Kyrie has a bad game, it is proof that LeBron has an inferior supporting cast.

Even if Kyrie goes someplace where he isn't an undisputed #1 option, he may think that at least he will be viewed as a co-partner as opposed to a sidekick.

He looks good because he plays alongside the best player ever, but I agree that he's dumb enough to think he can be a superstar by himself.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
lebron leakin? he's that motherfuckin little finger getting brian to do his work. you wont see him fighting with a girl from Miami about the falsehood of a story she's telling about her friend farting in his mouth.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
lol @ at all the people who think MeLo Sux

He's still one of the best pure scorers in the NBA and as a second or third best player on a team is gr8

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
melo had probably my second favorite offensive game in the history of the nba in his prime nuggets form. it was so effortless and smooth and he could do it all. international melo is the best melo. i havent seen him in a few years because knicks.

doh

I personally think Melo isn't a superstar but still really damn good and the fact the Knicks have killed his trade value to the point where you can get him for essentially dead money.

Considering the garbage Chicago/Indiana got for Butler/PG13 (and even Cousins for Buddy)... I don't think Melo would cost anything.

Plus this is probably OKC's last run before they become a 27 win team so why not?

NML

I hate the "not enough shots to go around" argument...

... but RUSS and Melo would make me reconsider

DanishDonut0

melo had probably my second favorite offensive game in the history of the nba in his prime nuggets form. it was so effortless and smooth and he could do it all. international melo is the best melo. i havent seen him in a few years because knicks.

This melo is wetter than the 7 seas. If he can find a team where he has plenty of time to camp the 3 point line like international melo :drooling:

doh

This melo is wetter than the 7 seas. If he can find a team where he has plenty of time to camp the 3 point line like international melo :drooling:
I think part of it too is that he's much much better and efficient as a third option, spot up shooter type. Way better than dribble for 5 seconds and do shit Melo.

sayo

YEET
And guys who can get buckets at the end of shot clocks are pretty underrated. Melo is a guy who can do that.

R2D2

No but like what if DRose turns back into MVP form with Lebron............... The Warriors will still win in 5 nvm

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
A guy who tells jokes for a living isn't good at basketball you say?

sayo

YEET
Yeah, it's certainly an upgrade just because they ditched the busy italic font but I was bummed to see the silver still on the uniform. I was excited when the logo came out too.