• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2068 Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Istanbul is a legendary team in WBL history, Amsterdam and Helga don't have like half of their champions without us

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I just want to know if I'm right about what Wooly laid out as his grand strategy in his pm with the Os. If it's nothing too crazy we can just fix the glitch

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is what I'm tombout. Not sure if they fixed it for 18, but 17 is when he got all his prospects anyway.

I mean I looked at intangibles 7 ways to sunday with my SPREADSHEETS and the effects were enough to convince me to draft based on them in the later rounds (and I shared all this with the league) but certainly nothing like what wooly experienced.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=268425

Wolfman21

This is what I'm tombout. Not sure if they fixed it for 18, but 17 is when he got all his prospects anyway.

I mean I looked at intangibles 7 ways to sunday with my SPREADSHEETS and the effects were enough to convince me to draft based on them in the later rounds (and I shared all this with the league) but certainly nothing like what wooly experienced.

well ain't that something...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just want to know if I'm right about what Wooly laid out as his grand strategy in his pm with the Os. If it's nothing too crazy we can just fix the glitch
Was you guess that he took years and years of data combined with discussions on other forums and with devs about player models and created models to crack that code?

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The guy who spends his free time thinking up complicated bank heists cheats at OOTP?

Bf3fggM.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Contract Fax and del *.* the players

Eh, I've heard about leagues getting screwy when they contracted a single team. Besides, we'd have to contract another team to balance it out both with the OOTP contract and the schedule, right?. I like the idea of a reverse contraction draft and going to 16 teams.

I'm really curious about this as well. The whole "intangibles" spiel he trotted out is laughable so I'm thinking he might have rolled the dice doing the offline sim to see how guys would develop. If that is or isn't the case he should do the honorable thing and explain to the league how he got so lucky. I mean, he's gone at the end of this season so why keep it a secret?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean I did start with the spreadsheets and the A-ball shenanigans, so it's true! THE WBL THANKS YOU DERMOTT MCHESHI!
I mean you literally have him data and spreadsheets and fueled his fire.

Here is what really happened. @kella hates OOTP and convinced @Travis7401 to join to burn it down. Knowing it would be too obvious for him to burn it down hisself, @Travis7401 colluded with @OU11 who was tired of the league to turn @Wooly into a monster. It’s basically the plot of Zoolander.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes in at the eye;
That’s all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Here is my proposal if you guys want to keep playing.

Contract BA and FAX. Reverse standings draft for players.

New alignment:

WEST
Buffalo Murricans
Dublin Distillers
Las Vegas Pac Men
Lisbon Conquistadors
Little Rock Miners
Miami Manatees
North Dakota Riggers
United Kingdom Kings

EAST
Amsterdam Tulips
Cairo Tutankhamuns
False Bay Flying Whites
Helsingborg Hammers
Istanbul Ottomans
Kabul Bulls
Moscow Mules
Seoul Glow

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I tried to break it down geographically somewhat, but the east looks a little top heavy. I'm down for other suggestions, but wanted to throw something out there.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
West will probably be just as good by two seasons' time. Lisbon, UK will be for sure, then Dublin/LR/Miami are all tanking and have good GMs to turn it around at some point. Balance wise it seems fine. You could always swap Dublin/UK with Kabul/Seoul if you wanted to keep a geographical divide.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
West will probably be just as good by two seasons' time. Lisbon, UK will be for sure, then Dublin/LR/Miami are all tanking and have good GMs to turn it around at some point. Balance wise it seems fine. You could always swap Dublin/UK with Kabul/Seoul if you wanted to keep a geographical divide.

Dublin/Borg/Dam or riot

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Bring back the ENE, Helga/Buffalo/False Bay/Dublin with Rad playing the role of Raleigh and all my players retiring having to face Cross 8 times a season

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Naturally we'd have to bring in 3 Otto owners so they can beat Las Vegas to the division title, but I'll consider that an acceptable casualty

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You can make Istanbul great again with a contraction draft, you still have some solid pieces. Just draft Tomas Gonzalez from Wooly and a new ToGo era will begin

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
As a neutral party only interested in the chaos, I feel not enough is being made of Wooly's blatant dishonesty and exploiting offline simming. It may not be "cheating" but him doing this so blatantly (140 wins :laughing: ) and then claiming he had some TRUST THE PROCESS secret system is fucking incredibly shameful.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Was he really doing it? I thought Travis just implied it. Even still, I don't think that was the only factor. I've messed around in commish mode before and even if you set a guy to all 250 ratings, they will vary over time. I guess he could've kept doing it year by year.

My issue was never player dev oddities, they just started piling up because of the contract/financial black magic going on imo

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I also don't get how he got all these scouting discoveries to work out. You can't scout them before hand, they just show up, and most of them ended up becoming all-stars for free. So that has more to do with the sperg intangible winning culture morale etc stuff than scouting ahead with a bug.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We don't know he was offline simming. I don't think that is what he was doing, but maybe he was. We will honestly never know for sure.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
There's just not that much payoff from it. Scouting is generally pretty close to the behind the scenes ratings. There are the hidden intangibles (Handles Wins, Handles Losses, Controversy, etc.) but they can sometimes show up in the personality description, and it's not like he can change them either.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We don't know he was offline simming. I don't think that is what he was doing, but maybe he was. We will honestly never know for sure.

Does Wooly strike you as a strategic mastermind? :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Does Wooly strike you as a strategic mastermind? :laughing:
It's not even strategy. He strikes me as obsessive and detailed. His story makes sense to me knowing how he operates. I dont think running offline sims even results in this. It's either what he said it is or he went in and changed the ratings manually.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How is manually changing ratings better...?

I'm enthralled by the idea of coming in, doing this, then cut and running without a good explanation. It's like standing over a bloody body stabbed to death but you aren't holding the knife or something. Everyone knows what u did!

I've been playing online games for about 20 years now. If someone looks like they're cheating, they always are, unless they're a top tier pro gamer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah offline sims just don't really have the results he had. Maybe he gets a couple good IFA signings he wouldn't have but the way they developed was on another level. And most of the info is available anyways. If he was watching ratings you would probably see more trades and movement from him to dump the guys that appear good but are 'busted' behind the scenes

He can't change ratings in the online league since he wasn't a comissioner

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
How is manually changing ratings better...?

I'm enthralled by the idea of coming in, doing this, then cut and running without a good explanation.

I been playing online games for about 20 years now. If someone looks like they're cheating, they always are, unless they're a top tier pro gamer.
:laughing: its not better. But for him to do that would take more of a strategic mastermind because it would be pretty complicated. This is cheating.

I hear you and come from that same place, but I don't think he was cheating as much as doing everything he could to find out how the sausage is made and then ruining the spirit, for lack of a better term, of the game. I don't know. It's splitting hairs I guess. When I think cheating, I think manipulating actual ratings.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm not sure I'd call offline simming (even if it didn't happen EXACTLY how it would play out in subsequent sims, come on, I googled, the express use of this is to see how hidden potential ratings play out) "cheating" either, but it is pretty much counter to the spirit of a casual baseball sim game.

We have something like this at our bar trivia night and I'm not sure how I feel about it: some categories are announced a good 30-100 seconds before the question(s) start. Nobody blatantly has their phone out to cheat during rounds, but certainly during this gap you could quickly look up a topic or hit IMDB or whatever.

Technically, this isn't cheating. You're not looking up the answer to a direct question, but it is pretty fucking shitty.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Exploitation is more along the lines of what he did. I'd wager most of what he did at least one owner has done in some capcity, he just did them all and from the unique position of inheriting an already beneficial financial situation.