• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Haslam is the billionaire.
Sexton is the agent.

I did get a kick out of watching Sexton client, Michael Wilbon, go off on Tennessee yesterday. They were tom bout the Gundy rumors and mentioned T. Boone Pickens. Wilbon was like, he's way richer than any UT booster!! ORLY?

T. Boone net worth 500 million
Jimmy Haslam net worth 3.7 billion
Charlie Ergen net worth 16.7 billion.

Lol try again, you hack.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Damn.. T. Boone has lost a shit ton of money hasnt he? He was valued as a multi billionaire years ago.

At this point the Tennessee job is just straight up sad. Whos gonna bother to take a job where its clear no one has control?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They just hired Brohm.

Seems ok, but it depends upon his staff. Better than mother fucking Schiano, I know that.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Taggart scares me at FSU as being the next Dabo. A guy who you keep asking why the hell is he a HC but he just amasses this absolute shitload of talent and has success.

His record is blah but he can recruit. 17 4 stars at Oregon right now. Put him at FSU and he should really clean house. Be interesting if he can coach them up. End of Bobbys campaign we still pulled in good classes but lacked coaching.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It's done. The guy who broke the story is the AD lapdog. He wouldn't post it unless it was done.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
No I remember him playing when Louisville was a shit ass program in the 90s and I was a chilrin. Brian played there when they were actually kinda good more recently.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I didn't realize this, but the ASU AD used to be Herm Edward's agent: http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/04/s...rvin-lewis-s-agent-accuses-bills-of-bias.html

That's not fishy/corrupt at all! LAWD.

Brohm is a great hire for Tennessee, by the way. He's got a unique spread to pass offense that will give SEC defenses fits. He also put together a pretty damn good staff at Purdue, including Nick Holt as defensive coordinator. He's honestly better than Tennessee should have done considering that dumpster fire in the athletic department.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Schiano is basically Butch Jones on steroids. Go read some articles about how he treats players and the media.

bruin

If it wasn’t for Clay Travis, does 85% of UT fans even know about Schiano/PSU? Clearly their AD dept did.

Brohm seems like a nice hire, tho. Their 12th choice, but nice hire.

Poor Purdue.

CJ_24

I did get a kick out of watching Sexton client, Michael Wilbon, go off on Tennessee yesterday. They were tom bout the Gundy rumors and mentioned T. Boone Pickens. Wilbon was like, he's way richer than any UT booster!! ORLY?

Lol try again, you hack.

Wilbon really is a hack.

Brick

He also put together a pretty damn good staff at Purdue, including Nick Holt as defensive coordinator, including Nick Holt as defensive coordinator.
Has something changed since he was DC at Washington? Those defenses were horrible.
His record is blah but he can recruit. 17 4 stars at Oregon right now. Put him at FSU and he should really clean house. Be interesting if he can coach them up. End of Bobbys campaign we still pulled in good classes but lacked coaching.

Brick

It's done. The guy who broke the story is the AD lapdog. He wouldn't post it unless it was done.

Come on paw, you've been on this site for a decade now? Never trust a DONE DEAL of any kind in sports. Or a refute of a DONE DEAL (Feldman, who thinks Nebraska QB is great!).

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I'm not going to say it's 100% done deal until he's at the podium, but based on Hyams' sources, it is definitely a very high probability. It's whatever, though. Maybe leaking the story will piss him off and he will back out lol. Nothing would surprise me. Tennessee couldn't get laid in a whore house with 42 million dollars at this point.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
zEq8e.gif

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Wow I didn't think anything could top the shitshow that was the 2006 NC State basketball coaching search, but I think this eclipses that.

Erik Ainge deserves to be mailed to Siberia.

fsuprime

im ready for the taggert train

@Lightningwar
Bowden classes at end were ranked high but like 75% of them made it to campus and the washout number after 2 years was huge. bobby had to resort to taking all the risky guys instead of just 1 or 2 each year.

jumbos actually stuck around for 3 to 4 years lol. (until his disaster qb crootin in 2014)

not arguing the staff stuff tho

CJ_24

I have "heard" that people think corches are waiting on what happens with FSU before making any decision on UT. Maybe Tennessee should do the same. Maybe more corches will be available once they know that FSU is not available.

Wolfman21

Doeren officially in the UT crosshairs now. Take him!

lol, seems thats the hot take on the state message boards right now. Not sure who they think we're gonna get thats better? 6-2 in the ACC, 4 straight bowls, working on the best recruiting class we've had in 20 years.........sure, fuck him, hes garbage, bring on some half known from JMU or something who will be in over his head and start from scratch day 1 so that in 5 years we can be having this same discussion.

NC State sports. Coach for 5 years and either get fired or go to another job.

The sad thing is that all of this is over 1 year. Doeren wants a 5 year extension. Yow only wants to give him 4 years. All the assistant contracts are completed and everything. It all hinges on that 1 fucking year or this wouldn't even be happening.

As for peyton wilson, the #3 OLB in the nation...he was supposedly going to commit on Thursday during Dave's in home visit. That, apparently,is no longer happening.

Good job motherfuckers