• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2081 Season Thread

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Just swept Buffalo to get into playoff contention again, then @Wolfman21 goes and wins a series against me when that's what neither of us want. Fuck you Otto.. :emo:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I have a serious problem now because I have Mora and three aging Dublin stars in Mills, Grouchy Rivera, and Nail Hook! Mills can still sort of play third, but his best position is 1B. Nail Hook is a DH. Rivera can only play 3B at this point (sort of) and DH. Mora needs to be in the WBL.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I guess I can go
RF - Rivera (40 def)
3B - Mills (50 def)
1B - Mora (45 def)
DH - Nail Hook
But this is a really bad defensive lineup across the board, lol. Even moving one of them would allow me to tighten up defense. I’m just in an awkward phase of transitioning to a new guard.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess I can go
RF - Rivera (40 def)
3B - Mills (50 def)
1B - Mora (45 def)
DH - Nail Hook
But this is a really bad defensive lineup across the board, lol. Even moving one of them would allow me to tighten up defense. I’m just in an awkward phase of transitioning to a new guard.
Kasey has been disappointing :(

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
At this point I am a trog bat factory... Coming in from all levels so I can't help you out.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ah that’s right. That guy looked good also. Predictable that OOTP would overreact to Otani and start cranking out 2 way once a generation players.

How do you use these guys? I have a 17 year old two way player in my international complex. He's a 3rd baseman/reliever.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Well they used to be a nightmare to develop, and impossible to manage with week long sims, but since OOTP Developments decided to crank them out like hotcakes as a new “feature” I’m guessing there are better ways to manage them now.

Development was the thing I was most baffled by. He's in the IC at the moment so I don't have to worry about it, but wtf do I do with him when he comes out? I suppose play him at 3B and then limit him to a pitch count in the bullpen?

Wolfman21

Development was the thing I was most baffled by. He's in the IC at the moment so I don't have to worry about it, but wtf do I do with him when he comes out? I suppose play him at 3B and then limit him to a pitch count in the bullpen?

Since my #1 pick is the next shohei ohtani, ive done some research into them.

In their game strategy page, check the box for "use as two way player". At that point, place them in your starting lineups as you usually would a regular position player.

When it comes to pitching, i would use him as a starter. Apparently the coding doesnt use reliever two way players very well and he wont pitch a ton. However if hes listed as a starter, he will start his assigned day and play in the field every other day.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Since my #1 pick is the next shohei ohtani, ive done some research into them.

In their game strategy page, check the box for "use as two way player". At that point, place them in your starting lineups as you usually would a regular position player.

When it comes to pitching, i would use him as a starter. Apparently the coding doesnt use reliever two way players very well and he wont pitch a ton. However if hes listed as a starter, he will start his assigned day and play in the field every other day.

Thanks @Wolfman21 .

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I guess I can go
RF - Rivera (40 def)
3B - Mills (50 def)
1B - Mora (45 def)
DH - Nail Hook
Mills wants to come to Berlin, but Berlin can’t afford him

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I got a Chokie 2B in A ball. He pitches once a week and plays 2B/ 3B a lot. Otto von Bismarck is doing okay with him

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
SUBANO with the epic COFFEE CUP

7.5 clear with 12 to play, and 2 wins from a winning season. LEGGO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Paris clinging on by fingernails. Mind you Chokie gonna be the unstoppable stopper next season. 17 games 1.54 ERA, 8.1 K/9, 0.73 WHIP - BRING IT!!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Exceeded ma'spreadsheet goal by one win, much improved from last year when we exceeded the spreadsheet goal by 10 wins. I don't like to deviate from the spreadsheet that much.