• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2081 Season Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The players have demands about where they are in the lineup, I didn’t know if players had started demanding 3 vs 4 now. It bothers me when players that want to bat in the middle of the lineup get mad at batting second

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The players have demands about where they are in the lineup, I didn’t know if players had started demanding 3 vs 4 now. It bothers me when players that want to bat in the middle of the lineup get mad at batting second

Nah B. His perfomance in his batting splits were turrible at 4 for most of the season. Move him to 3 and his performance has gone back up again. A similar thing happened before, but I wrote it off.

Wolfman21

Yeah, that players expectation is Middle...without knowing what his morale was like when he was batting 4th, its hard to know if that played a part in it. I'd consider 4th more middle of the lineup than 3rd though, so i doubt that has anything to do with it. Likely has more to do with protection as the guy he had batting 3rd who is now batting 4th has seen a similar drop in production.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, that players expectation is Middle...without knowing what his morale was like when he was batting 4th, its hard to know if that played a part in it. I'd consider 4th more middle of the lineup than 3rd though, so i doubt that has anything to do with it. Likely has more to do with protection as the guy he had batting 3rd who is now batting 4th has seen a similar drop in production.

Franco has batted every year at above .950 OPS since 2077, so him having over 300 PA at 4th (he has been 3rd a lot of his career), and performing at just over 800 is a considerable drop. Park, who's batting 4th now has better stats since I switched him from 3rd.

Wolfman21

Franco has batted every year at above .950 OPS since 2077, so him having over 300 PA at 4th (he has been 3rd a lot of his career), and performing at just over 800 is a considerable drop. Park, who's batting 4th now has better stats since I switched him from 3rd.

then bat the motherfucker 3rd, i don't give a shit

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Btw @Wolfman21 , his moral was fine at 4th, and hasn't changed since. I've been trying to think of reasons for his poor performance all season. I did it as a last resort. He's a perennial stick wizard who usually wins 5+ wars a year and was on course for 2.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The players can specify 3rd vs 4th in their preferences?
Or are you just overreacting again

I just look for stat anomalies in order to correct minor things that I'm able to without spending, so that I'm not completely shit with the 15th payroll team. It's probably overreacting, but you got me into this horrible game.

Wolfman21

Btw @Wolfman21 , his moral was fine at 4th, and hasn't changed since. I've been trying to think of reasons for his poor performance all season. I did it as a last resort. He's a perennial stick wizard who usually wins 5+ wars a year and was on course for 2.

everyone slumps. Also, if hes used to hitting in a spot, he may just be used to that spot and chang f's him up. Big difference between 3 and 4. For instance, IRL, Ronald Acuna was a monster in the leadoff spot last year. They moved him to the 4 hole to begin this season and he was trash. Moved him back to leadoff and he flourished again. If you find somewhere where a guy performs, play him there

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Youre talking to a guy that made the playoffs 21 out of 23 years and was in the playoffs after 3 seasons back when everyone was active and trying.

I've already congratulated you before. I can only hope for such valuable skillz in my life.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Quite a mystery afoot, maybe Reddit can solve it

The Case of the Missing Star's Batting Gloves
Friday, August 8th, 2081
After a poor start to the season, Dublin Distillers' Jilenko Valencia insists that the fault for the bad start lies neither in his stars or with him. Instead, he places the blame solely on a missing pair of lucky, old, and crusty batting gloves.

Said Valencia, "I've had them since college and I have no idea why someone would even want to steal them. Seriously, they stink but I need them back or I'll probably never get a hit again." So for now, a mystery hangs over the gloves and Valencia's missing stroke. It is doubtless that fans of the third place Distillers are likely hoping the gloves and their center fielder's stroke are found soon.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
One of the ways I try to stop myself from throwing up whilst playing this hideous game of simball is to pretend the game is in 1981 and imagine that the WBL is in fact some kind of campy 80s attempt at global expansion. And then to further stop myself vomiting, I enjoy imagining how it would wind @Travis7401 up if that were true, and I think about it even harder.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My main character is not gay in 2081, but my side character, the daughter of Peder Niklasson, is in a lesbian relationship, still waiting for her father to be unfrozen by the VeterOns Committee.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
One of the ways I try to stop myself from throwing up whilst playing this hideous game of simball is to pretend the game is in 1981 and imagine that the WBL is in fact some kind of campy 80s attempt at global expansion. And then to further stop myself vomiting, I enjoy imagining how it would wind @Travis7401 up if that were true, and I think about it even harder.

what

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Tulip Castle back below .500

Immersion: Declining

Still holding on the last WC slot

Closer heading back to the DL

giphy.gif