• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Wolfman21

yeah, that bomb he gave up tonight was incredibly unlucky

his stats in blown saves:

4/09 vs Pit - 1 H, 2 BB, 1 ER
4/22 vs PHI - 4 H, 2 ER
5/23 vs PIT - 3 H, 1 BB, 2 ER
6/2 vs CIN - 2 H, 2 ER
6/21 vs SF - 1 H, 1 HR, 1 ER
7/2 vs OAK - 1 H, 3 BB, 1 ER
7/7 vs WSH - 4 H, 1 BB, 3 ER
7/29 vs PHI - 1 H, 1 HR, 1 ER

So half of his blown saves he only gave up one hit....but that hit was either a HR or was aided by his control...or lack there of. Can't really blame those on his fielders

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
ROFL Beanetard traded for two players who are out for the year and Mateo, Yankees get a top of the rotation starter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Cashman fleeced Beane so hard. Moneyball stopped working years ago, Beane needs to go in Oakland

osick87

Community Liaison
ROFL Beanetard traded for two players who are out for the year and Mateo, Yankees get a top of the rotation starter

Gray is good but he wasn't going to net a team's best prospect.

Athletics went pretty high risk, high reward with it.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Moneyball stopped working because just about every team uses Moneyball concepts.

Moneyball was great as long as you ignored the As rotation they got from scouting, the PEDs Tejada was on, and the draft busts. It's like the Dodgers success - spend enough money and something will work but it's all about rotation rates if you ignore the money wasted.

Hike

güero
I was reading an article on Adrian Beltre and thought this quote was hilarious.

“When I go to the bathroom, I don’t want people to talk to me,” Beltre said. “When I’m in the stall, it’s not a conversation station. If I’m in the stall of the bathroom, I don’t want to talk to anybody. I’m here to do my business and relax. And every time Felix Hernandez would find out I’m in the bathroom, he would sit in the stall next to me and start talking.”

:laughing:

mongoose

I used to be on the fence regarding Dusty, but he really just has no clue when it comes to pitching. Saying that it's crucial for some noob pitcher to go 6 since god forbid they had to use 6 relievers the night before is so dumb. Good idea putting a ton of pressure on a guy on August 2nd up 12 in the division with an off day next on the slate. Good lord

Hike

güero
Like Dusty starting rookie Salomon Torres on the last day of the season with a division title on the line in 93. 20 plus years later and he still can't handle a staff.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Leg Breaker was apparently turned down by MLB. @Rutgers Mike

utley.jpg