• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Bruce Wayne

How are Stroman's varied deliveries, specifically where he pauses at different points in his wind up, not a violation of OBR 8.01 (a) "The Windup Position. The pitcher shall stand facing the batter, his pivot foot in contact with the pitcher’s plate and the other foot free. From this position any natural movement associated with his delivery of the ball to the batter commits him to the pitch without interruption or alteration. He shall not raise either foot from the ground, except that in his actual delivery of the ball to the batter, he may take one step backward, and one step forward with his free foot."

To me, the without interruption or alteration" is what sticks out to me.

ZackMills

Have mercy
No, not really talking about lefties at all. Also I loved the right knee buckle righty balk move, I used to get away with it once per game in college

We had a RHP who was insistent that if he lifted his left leg like he was starting to throw, moved it straight back to first base, then threw to first, it was not a balk. He said it was the same thing lefties could do. Even less than lefties since he wasn't starting to move it towards home plate! It was the most awkward looking thing I've seen on a baseball field. Every game he asked an umpire if it was a balk. They all said yes. He tried it once in a blowout game when he was a senior. He was called for a balk :laughing:

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Cruuuuuuuuuzzzzzzz.gif

Wolfman21

So apparently mlb umpires are wearing white wristbands in "protest" of the mlb since they didnt suspend kinsler for his comments on angel hernandez. Lol

osick87

Community Liaison
Ump tossed Pillar just now for saying something (likely about a bad first strike call) while passing after a groundout. They're going to have itchy trigger fingers me thinks.

osick87

Community Liaison
Gibby didn't seem super pissed off about it so maybe Pillar said something idiotic in those 3 seconds. Wouldn't be the first time

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Rough for Rich Hill. Would've had 27 up 27 down but there was an error, and Dodgers haven't scored yet. Got the 9 no-hit innings anyways.

Wolfman21

He will be what dansby swanson almost was...but dansby has been good since returning from AAA so...maybe theyll both be ok

Wolfman21

This albies/swanson combo the past 2 weeks has given me slight chub though. Theyve been killing it since albies got called up and dansby got recalled shortly after