• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

119th Annual WBL Winter Meetings in SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA!!!

Wooly

In search of: STRAIGHT CASH BABBY or HIGH CONTROL ground ball pitchers.

Looking to move: blocked prospects and draft picks.
If you are in a hitters park, I would think you would want Stuff > Control > Movement. Your best bet is to not let anyone hit the ball at all > then to not walk them > then to not let them hit it well and let your defense do the work (since you don't have a spacious field for the defense to maximize). In fact, movement might be more important than control in a real hitters park.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
If you are in a hitters park, I would think you would want Stuff > Control > Movement. Your best bet is to not let anyone hit the ball at all > then to not walk them > then to not let them hit it well and let your defense do the work (since you don't have a spacious field for the defense to maximize). In fact, movement might be more important than control in a real hitters park.

And you would be wrong. The road to SHITTOWNE was paved with guys with great STUFF, ok control, and ok movement that couldn't handle pitching in the bandbox. Good luck finding guys with good movement that don't have horrible control and/or stuff or that aren't GOATs. The pitching this season was remarkable better but that was due to making two major moves this offseason to get a legit LHP GOAT (Robles) and some tier two guys (Pendragon, Williams, Oliveria, Gordon) that had greens in all three. I just voided a TO on a guy with 80 stuff that couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in a place with Little League dimensions that will probably rack up a ton of Ks and SVs in a place like the Dyson Sphere.

Wooly

When I read the OOTP forums, that is not what you hear, and that is not my experience either.

All three dimensions matter. You really should not have anyone with less than 50 in any of the ratings. But after that, I subscribe to the scool of thought that stuff matters more in hitters parks, and movement matters more in pitchers parks with good defense.

High stuff is less useful/needed in a pitchers park like the Dyson Sphere, so don't invest in it there.

Maybe you just had such crappy pitching that your new pitchers look better no matter what their strengths are.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Tony is probably taking 80/30/30 or something, lol.

Nah, I'm talking about guys like The Jap who are at 80/50/55 and tend to give up too many HRs. That said, guys like Du Luu tend to do well but they've got good movement to go with control, though their STUFF is usually trash. Luu isn't a starter but he's a valuable BP piece to have and, if he falls apart movement-wise, could be a good, cheap LOOGY.

When I read the OOTP forums, that is not what you hear, and that is not my experience either.

Yes, because clearly all park factors are the same. In typical Wooly fashion you're acting like I'm new to this and don't know what I'm doing, which is annoying. The pitching was much better this season because, shocker, I wanted to be competitive instead of being a contender for 1-1 and using guys that are a trash to make sure I lose by double digits. Are you this disconnected from reality in @Reel life? I'm "on the spectrum" and I'm more in tune with people are doing here than you are, which says a lot about you.

NML

I don't think I've ever looked at his stats. Your campaign single handedly will prevent me from voting for him.

NML

Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Ballot cast- there are so many borderline guys eligible right now. I'm interested to see who gets in (finally).

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Naka should be in for sure.

Guys like Ammar, Scott Bell, a few others. Nice careers, but I'm not sure they were GOATS.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I dont think Ammar or Scott Bell are GOATs. Especially with someone like Rojas on the ballot.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I put Bell in.. he won two MVPs and a 6x All-Star to boot. He's the definition of fringe to me though. I could see either way.

Naka IMO is a no brainer.

I put Beanpole in. 7x All-Star and didn't start his career until 25. The GOAT CL.

Marerro I don't get why he isn't in... 9x All-star and won a Cy Young.

I voted Rojas too. Was torn on him but decided he's a top 3 catcher all-time and deserves it.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I put Bell in.. he won two MVPs and a 6x All-Star to boot. He's the definition of fringe to me though. I could see either way.

I put Beanpole in. 7x All-Star and didn't start his career until 25. The GOAT CL.

I voted Rojas too. Was torn on him but decided he's a top 3 catcher all-time and deserves it.
Fuck you with Marrero and no Music Man :laughing:

Lloyd Carr

All-Star achievements are meaningless.

You are the same mongs who vote for both the All-Star game and HoF, and clearly youll are retarded. The All-Star accomplishment should hold zero weight.

TonyGin&Juice

SANITY.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Gonnet and Padilla getting overlooked is a shame. Gonnet was the best RF in the WBL for 5 years or so. Padilla I guess I understand in the era of Noda, but he was probably the second best SS the first 10 years of his career.

I'd put Brittain in before Ammar.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I don't vote for anyone except Peder until he is in, so there's one of your missing votes.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I've got:

Music Man
Marrero
Naka
Padilla
Peder
Beanpole
Rojas

Didn't vote Gonnet- are six dominant seasons out of 16 HoF-worthy?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah. Gonnet is fringy, I'll admit. He had a good career and an elite peak, which I would take over the short career with a few elite seasons like Sauce. Part of it might be a Wendell nostalgia vote.

NML

Can we edit the parameters to the hall? Mainly, I think we could up the percentage which they need to stay on the ballot. I think right now they only need one vote to stay on.