• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

La Liga Schedule is out.

10/26 - Madrid - Barcelona
3/22 - Barcelona - Madrid

No Suarez for the first Clasico.

Atletico plays Madrid early and Barcelona late. Atletico-Barcelona is Round 37.

Eibar opens the season at home against fellow Basque team Sociedad.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
@Snorky's Shame @Milo

In 10 hours (2:30 ET) FC Porto's 2004 team will play Barcelona's 2006 team.

Stream link, don't know if it'll work for us Americans. Bein Sport showing it as well.

Teams:
Porto- Vítor Baía, Pedro Emanuel, Carlos Secretário, Paulo Ferreira, Mário Silva, Sérgio Conceição, Costinha, Maniche, Jankauskas, Derlei, Benni McCarthy, Jorge Costa, Pedro Mendes, Dmitri Alenichev, Nuno Valente, Ricardo Costa, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Fernandes, Bruno Vale, Rubens Júnior and Bruno Moraes.
Barcelona- Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Edmílson, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Xavi Hernández, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Mark van Bommel, Samuel Eto’o, Lionel Messi, Santi Ezquerro, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ludovic Giuly, Albert Jorquera, Gabri, Sonny Anderson, Gerard and Ronaldinho Gaúcho.

Ronaldinho and Messi again? Yes please

Snorky's Shame

Deco going to play 45 minutes for each team?

Too bad Victor Valdes is hurt, only one of three La Masia products to start in the UCL Final in Paris. Out of the other two, one should be obvious while the other one was nice enough to make time in between Catalan independence rallies.

Barcelona also missing Rafael Marquez and Sonny Anderson was long gone from Barcelona in 2006. Might as well have invited Rivaldo.

Also sure that Gudjohnsen was still at Chelsea and Ezquerro was still at Athletic. Gerard also not on the 2006 team.

EDIT: It was Ezquerro's first year at Barcelona

Also, donde esta Henrik Larsson? Was huge in that final.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Red card in a friendly with old dudes? Wonder what the line is

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
McCarthy just scored, looks like he's fat as ever.

Watching Eibar should be neat, yeah. It'll be a different thing to watch, but I'm guessing all 5,000 or so fans will be right on top of every player.

Snorky's Shame

Celtic loses 4-1 vs. Legia in Warsaw in the first leg of a UCL.

They did come back from a deficit last year, not sure lightning will strike twice.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
@Travis7401 @osick87 Grosicki doe

FrayedGlassDromaeosaur.gif

Also, here's Ibra again:

FemaleDazzlingCirriped.gif

Snorky's Shame

Former UCL Champions Celtic and Feyenoord eliminated in UCL qualifying. Both teams got blown out.

Demba Ba had a hat trick for Besiktas against Feyenoord.

Snorky's Shame

Pots for Friday's Playoff Round draw:

Champions' Route seeded: APOEL, BATE, Ludogorets, Salzburg, Steaua

Champions' Route unseeded: Aalborg, Legia, Malmo, Maribor, Slovan Bratislava

League Route seeded: Arsenal, Leverkusen, Napoli, Porto, Zenit

League Route unseeded: Athletic, Besiktas, Kobenhavn, Lille, Standard

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
For Arsenal, Kopenhagen or Standard would be ideal. Besiktas would be okay, but trips to Turkey are scary. Athletic and Lille would be bad, but Arsenal should be able to get past any of them.

Snorky's Shame

And Celtic will still win the SPL by 15 points.

Scottish Championship should be interesting with Hearts, Hibernian and Rangers fighting for one automatic promotion spot.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
San Lorenzo 1-1 Asuncion tonight in the Libertadores Semi first leg. Lorenzo scored in the 90th to level it up. Would definitely be interesting to see Asuncion advance.

Snorky's Shame

San Lorenzo 1-1 Asuncion tonight in the Libertadores Semi first leg. Lorenzo scored in the 90th to level it up. Would definitely be interesting to see Asuncion advance.

Thinking San Lorenzo rout over Nacional (the Paraguayan one, not the more famous Uruguayan one) in the second leg.

San Lorenzo can finally get rid of the nickname that has dogged them for years, Club Argentino Sin Libertadores de America. They are the only one out of Argentina's "Big Five" without a Libertadores win (Boca Juniors, Independiente, Racing Club and River Plate are the other "Big Five" teams).

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That article is such a trog trap, lol. I mean they gave Lebron a 10 in speed when he probably isn't faster than a "5" in the way they rated other players. They also gave Micah Richards a 7 in speed and Patrick Willis a 5 in speed. Yeahok.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Tell me that doesn't make you at least a little hard. Fuck I don't even care if he can kick a soccer ball worth a damn, I'd throw him out there against Arsenal as striker just to watch Mertersacker shit his pants :laughing:

Snorky's Shame

Maribor v Celtic
Salzburg v Malmo
Aalborg v APOEL
Steaua v Ludogorets
Slovan Bratislava v BATE

Besiktas v Arsenal
Standard v Zenit
Kobenhavn v Leverkusen
Lille v Porto
Napoli v Athletic

Legia disqualified after fielding an ineligible player. The player only played the last 10 minutes of the second leg. I like Celtic but someday the luck is going to run out. This happened against Sion a few years ago as well. Thinking this case goes to the CAS. Napoli v Athletic is the match of the round and I'll take Lille over Porto.

If Arsenal or Porto lose, Schalke goes into Pot 1. If they both lose, Dortmund goes to Pot 1 as well. The other Pot 1 teams are Atletico, Barcelona, Bayern, Benfica, Chelsea and Madrid.

Also Vermalen to Barcelona for 15 million pounds according to the BBC. Really wish they could have bought Balanta from River Plate with that money. Better to pay that amount for him now than double or triple that in five years. I'm not impressed on how Barcelona handled the CB position so far.

Last edited:

NML

:laughing: unbelievable. I always root for Celtic but they are definitely going to back their way into the group stage, where they will be stomped. They'd be smart to buy a holding mid before the deadline. They don't have a guy they can throw up top and try and steal one anymore now that Hooper and Samaras have left in back to back summers.

fap fap fap for Besiktas vs Arsenal.

Snorky's Shame

French league starts today with Reims-Paris on beIn.

Paris should win their third straight title with Monaco in second. Third should be a good race.

EDIT: See below

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Stade Reims, isn't it? I would have had a boner for a Stade Rennais game, and I'm flacid right now so I think you've got that wrong.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Fucking shitty start to the season, having the pointless trophy game followed by a trip to Turkey before we even kick a ball in earnest in the Premier League....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
In my infinite wisdom, I forgot the Crystal Palace game was before Besiktas. Still. It's shit.

Snorky's Shame

Europa League Playoff Draw

Sarajevo vs Moenchengladbach
Astana vs Villarreal
Zwolle vs Sparta Prague
Asteras vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Dnipro vs Hajduk Split
Qarabag vs Twente
HJK vs Rapid Wien
Zimbru vs PAOK
Omonia vs Dinamo Moscow
Lyon vs Astra
Neftci vs Partizan
Elfsborg vs Rio Ave
Karabukspor vs Saint-Etienne
Panathinaikos vs Midtjylland
Grasshoppers vs Brugge
Apollon vs Lokomotiv Moscow
Young Boys vs Debrecen
Spartak Trnava vs Zurich
AEL vs Tottenham
Dinamo Minsk vs Nacional
Petrolul vs Dinamo Zagreb
Trabzonspor vs Rostov
Split vs Torino
Aktobe vs Legia
Lokeren vs Hull
Ruch vs Metalist
PSV vs Shaktyor
Stjaman vs Internazionale
Feyenoord vs Zorya
Sociedad vs Krasnodar
Rijeka vs Sheriff

Bear in mind, the winner of the Europa League goes into next year's Champions' League.