• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

DanishDonut0

Napoli is going to be tough, should be entertaining. Curious to see how Athletic will play, I never know what to expect from this team each season. Just happy they played as well as they did last year to make it this far

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Europa League Playoff Draw

Sarajevo vs Moenchengladbach
Astana vs Villarreal
Zwolle vs Sparta Prague
Asteras vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Dnipro vs Hajduk Split
Qarabag vs Twente
HJK vs Rapid Wien
Zimbru vs PAOK
Omonia vs Dinamo Moscow
Lyon vs Astra
Neftci vs Partizan
Elfsborg vs Rio Ave
Karabukspor vs Saint-Etienne
Panathinaikos vs Midtjylland
Grasshoppers vs Brugge
Apollon vs Lokomotiv Moscow
Young Boys vs Debrecen
Spartak Trnava vs Zurich
AEL vs Tottenham
Dinamo Minsk vs Nacional
Petrolul vs Dinamo Zagreb
Trabzonspor vs Rostov
Split vs Torino
Aktobe vs Legia
Lokeren vs Hull
Ruch vs Metalist
PSV vs Shaktyor
Stjaman vs Internazionale
Feyenoord vs Zorya
Sociedad vs Krasnodar
Rijeka vs Sheriff

Bear in mind, the winner of the Europa League goes into next year's Champions' League.
Wow. All of this football for such a shit competition.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Munir El Haddadi in Barca's 6-0 win vs. Helsinki.

SnarlingFlamboyantCrow.gif

Also Diego Lopez to Milan, Gary Medel to Inter.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
  • Ligue 1 started on Friday with PSG starting their title defense against Reims. Zlatan stole the show in more ways than one. He scored twice, hit the post on an open chance, and dove for a penalty which he then proceeded to miss. PSG was without two World Cup stars in David Luiz and policeman Ezequiel Lavezzi as Reims pulled off a 2-2 draw.
  • On Saturday, Marcelo Bielsa managed his first game for Marseille, while Claude Makélélé managed his first ever game competitive game in control of Bastia. In typical Bielsa fashion, there was no shortage of goals in a thrilling 3-3 draw. The key man was Bastia’s Christopher Maboulou. He opened the scoring with an early candidate for the goal of the year in France and then found the late equalizer to give Bastia a home point.
  • On Sunday, Lyon grabbed a 2-0 home win over Rennes. Alexandre Lacazette started his season on the right foot with a MOTM performance: a goal from the penalty spot, seven successful dribbles and two chances created.
  • Monaco’s life after James got started on a sour note, as they lost to Lorient 2-1 at home. Lorient scored late through Valentine Lavigne to get all three points. It was a particularly eventful day for Monaco’s centre backs. Aymen Abdennour conceded a penalty while Ricardo Carvalho got sent off. At leftback, Layvin Kurzawa had better luck, making five key passes and recording four tackles. Falcao played 31 minutes as a sub and managed to score a penalty.
Here's a little round up I did for the first week of Ligue 1.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Where has my man Gus been? FA Community Shield and the entire Guinness Cup went by with no Gus on the mic.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
His fro makes me want to murder him in FIFA

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Those OM away jerseys are hideous too. Look like an away jersey in MLB.

Snorky's Shame

Suarez ban upheld by CAS but he can train with the team.

Legia's appeal rejected by UEFA, they're going to go to the CAS now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Alex Song injured ter Stegen in training. Gotta hand it to him, he's consistent in his negative impact.

Portuguese Liga kicked off today with Porto. Apparently Oliver looked really good for them, as well as a 17 year old Portuguese midfielder by the name of Ruben Neves (who scored and is now the youngest player ever to start a league match).

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
http://everydayiszlatanday.com/2014/08/17/ligue-1-round-up-week-2/

Here's the Ligue 1 round up for week two.
    • PSG rebounded from their Week 1 draw against Reims by topping Claude Makélélé's Bastia, 2-0. While they may have won the game, they lost their most important player to injury during the match. Zlatan had to be subbed off in the 16th minute for policeman Lavezzi with a hip injury. It's currently unknown how long the blog's namesake is out for. Oh and Thiago Motta got headbutted in the tunnel.
    • Monaco is still looking for their first win, falling to Bordeaux 4-1. They went up 1-0 through Berbatov before discombobulating. They conceded two goals from penalties in a largely forgettable defensive display. The win for Bordeaux puts them in a tie for first with St. Etienne while Monaco loss puts them in 19th place. Falcao played 28 minutes.
    • Reims was unable to carry the positive momentum they had from drawing with PSG last week, losing 3-1 to St. Etienne. While we are only two games into the season, St. Etienne does find themselves at the top of the table. Mevlut Erding is off to a hot start to his season, with three goals and an assist in two games. That's more than (gasp) Zlatan.
    • Rennes beat Evian in a high scoring affair, 6-2. Rennes managed to get their six goals on only seven shots on target, a wonderful display of efficiency. It was the game of braces, as four players managed to bag a pair. Paul-Georges Ntep, Ola Toivonen, and Mexer all got doubles for Rennes, while Daniel Wass scored twice in Evian's losing effort.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
man La Liga is so competitive

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't be bothered to fact check before trolling La Liga

Snorky's Shame

UCL qualifying starts tomorrow.

Quick predictions:

League winners

England - Chelsea
France - Paris
Germany - Bayern
Italy - Roma
Spain - Madrid

European winners

UCL - Paris
EL - Internazionale

Snorky's Shame

Barcelona B should be a fun watch this year. Munir and Halilovic join a team that would have been in the promotion playoff had they been eligible.

I don't think B teams should be in the second division but it looks like it could be trend with the Netherlands and Portugal both adding B teams in their second division.

Anyone else with predictions for the European season?

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'd say Chelsea, Paris, Real, Roma, Porto, CSKA, Ajax, and Bayern for the major leagues. Chelsea UCL and.... who knows for Europa. Probably one of the 3rd place UCL teams.

Snorky's Shame

I think the EL winner will be a club that finishes outside their country's UCL places. They'll take the competition more seriously than a team comfortably in a UCL spot.

Kind of wish they would bring the Cup Winner's Cup back and give the winner of that competition a UCL spot as well. Cup football is dying in many parts of Europe and I think the demise of the CWC/expansion of the UCL plays a huge role in that.

tab10

Starting lineup

Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Giroud

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Should have been a yellow card. They're going to try to kick the shit out of us, and I think the ref is going to let them.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I have no idea how but Fox is actually showing two games on the normal cable package. Got Kobenhavn-Bayer as well, Leverkusen down 1 but they are on the road