• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Thunder down to 7 players for the rest of the game with Jones going down.
Injuries are normal in basketball, and every year there's at least one team that draws the short end of the stick and gets hit with a wave. But what the Thunder are going through right now is something else, their playoff chances in the ultra competitive West diminishing every single day. Already facing a month without Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook, KD-replacement Perry Jones left tonight's game against the Raptors and will not return, with a knee contusion.

Only one thing left to do, jump into the tank.

Schauwn

According to ESPN Stats & Info: Houston Rockets are the first team in NBA history to score at least 100 points & allow fewer than 100 points in each of its first 5 games of the season.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
27T69gQ.gif

:vomit:

basketball is gay

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I had no idea Jamal Crawford was 34. I thought he was maybe in his mid-late 20s. Well, he looks like he's in his mid 20s, but I always thought he came straight out of high school, so I would have guessed maybe a year or two older than Lebron at most...but that was until I seen he went to Michigan.

Either way, dude can ball.

Dude is pretty old

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Man, watching the Lakers last night was...depressing. :(

They kept it fairly close most of the 4th quarter (only started watching by middle of 3rd), but you could feel the tempo of the game when the Lakers had to work and work and work to get a basket, but then they promptly give up a layup or wide open jumper to Phoenix. Kobe had a big night, but on several occasions, you could see that the rest of the Lakers basically stop doing anything when he's got the ball. Without Kobe, I'm not sure this collection of players could be competitive in the D-League. :(

bruin

They kept it fairly close most of the 4th quarter (only started watching by middle of 3rd), but you could feel the tempo of the game when the Lakers had to work and work and work to get a basket, but then they promptly give up a layup or wide open jumper to Phoenix. Kobe had a big night, but on several occasions, you could see that the rest of the Lakers basically stop doing anything when he's got the ball. Without Kobe, I'm not sure this collection of players could be competitive in the D-League. :(

Carlos Boozer continuing to get more minutes than Ed Davis= Tank

Thing is, I think all Lakers fans were looking forward to the development of Julius Randle this season. No matter how bad the team is. That went out on Opening Night. Oye.

zoltan

Crawford is a 3 point shooting beast in every 2k as well.

and rightly so, I mean if you watch the clips he bails them out of bad possession's like every time with some funky freestyle bullshit. CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

the suns are gonna be hard for any team to beat. they have the best 1-2 punch off the bench in the league with Isaiah and Gerald and plus they got the 3 headed point guard monster to finish the game with the twins... too much synergy. thass a lot of flavor right there.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

37 FGA tho

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
can you guys think of another player going through what Kobe is?

One if the best players in the history of the game, won championships and is on the worst team in the league?

zoltan

To be fair when Nick Young comes back the offense he provides them off the bench will be enough to enable Kobe to win them some of these close games they are losing now. Just gotta grind it out until then.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
David Lee got hurt again. Not great for the Dubs but everything else has been awesome. This team offense is significantly better. Seems like the OKC injuries have really opened up a spot in the top 3 that the Warriors have a chance at taking.

bruin

To be fair when Nick Young comes back the offense he provides them off the bench will be enough to enable Kobe to win them some of these close games they are losing now. Just gotta grind it out until then.

lol.

osick87

Community Liaison
I remember those Lakers teams. Back when my parents only had Farmervision (2 channels), NBA on NBC (a Canadian picked it up) showed a lot of their games

evil1

In this case, I think he is in the right. Golic completely left out the 60 seconds worth of qualifiers Simmons presented before saying doesn't think LeBron is in peak form yet.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Thought this was pretty funny. Lifted from a pelicans fan site

Tonight the Charlotte Hornets face the New Orleans Pelicans. The last time the Hornets played in New Orleans was April 14th, 2013. The first time the Hornets played in New Orleans was October 30th, 2002. That game was against the Utah Jazz, who used to be the New Orleans Jazz. The New Orleans Jazz last played in 1979. The Jazz didn’t become the Hornets, but the Hornets became the Pelicans. In between there was also a thing called the Oklahoma City Hornets that we’d like to forget, as well as a thing where the Timberwolves almost moved to New Orleans that nobody seems to remember. Miraculously, the Hornets returned to New Orleans, and, in its own twisted way, the Oklahoma City Hornets became the Oklahoma City Thunder. Meanwhile, a team called the Bobcats played in Charlotte where the Hornets used to play. Eventually the Bobcats became the Hornets but before that their was nearly a San Jose Hornets. One time in 2013 the New Orleans Pelicans played the Charlotte Bobcats in the New Orleans Arena, but that will never, ever happen again, unless a team rebrands as the Bobcats (Utah?). Tonight, the Pelicans, an NBA team, will play a home basketball game, in New Orleans, against the Hornets. The Charlotte Hornets. It’s confusing, but it’s happening.​

reminds me of the scene from baseketball about teams changing locations

The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Watching the Thudner right now is kind of fun. Reminds me of how it used to be when KD and RUSS hadnt figured it out yet.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Watching the Thudner right now is kind of fun. Reminds me of how it used to be when KD and RUSS hadnt figured it out yet.
The final 3 minutes of this game was excellent basketball

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Need to remember watch some Hornets games. Hard to give a shit about NBA in November