• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

PSUEagle

“I want to fix it,” Rivers told USA TODAY Sports. “I want to win. That’s why I came here. I knew when I came here that roster-wise it was going to be very difficult. The first thing I did before I took this job, I looked at the roster and we laughed. I was like, ‘What the (expletive) can we do with this?’ It was more the contracts. But we have to try to do it somehow. I don’t know how yet, but something will work out.”

http://deadspin.com/doc-rivers-cant-be-serious-1705196802

Yeah Doc, I'm sure no one would have wanted CP3, BLAKE, and DeAndre before you showed up.

Media won't call him out though because he's an expert at playing them.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Is it just me, or does Blake Griffin dribble way too fucking much and try to hamfist the offense sometimes? I think he's a good passer, but the guy should really know better than lead a break considering he can't dribble without looking down at the ball.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is it just me, or does Blake Griffin dribble way too fucking much and try to hamfist the offense sometimes? I think he's a good passer, but the guy should really know better than lead a break considering he can't dribble without looking down at the ball.
Triple dubs all day

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm interested in what the Clippers will do. Their bench is just complete shit. It's hilariously bad. CP3 has proven himself to be a choker in the playoffs and not be good enough to carry a team (even with Blake).

Looking at their salary cap stuff (http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/yearly/cap/)... the Hawes contract = LOL (as is Redick's to a degree). They're probably over next year so it's keep DeAndre or not get another max player. They don't have their 2015 or 2017 1st rounders (which means they can't even trade 16 or 18) so they can't just dump off salary easily. I guess their best plan of attack is keep DJ/CP3/Blake and hope to get some vets at the minimum or hope the salary cap significantly increases? Maybe someone would take Barnes/Crawford off their hands but then they have even less depth?

It just seems like at this point unless they can do a sign/trade with Jordan and get some assets back then spin those assets with shitty contracts to clear space/sign players, there aren't many plays for them.

http://deadspin.com/doc-rivers-cant-be-serious-1705196802

Yeah Doc, I'm sure no one would have wanted CP3, BLAKE, and DeAndre before you showed up.

Media won't call him out though because he's an expert at playing them.
And because he used to be one of them so he has friends everywhere.

PSUEagle

If Doc remains GM for a couple more years, I'd love to see the 76ers get an unprotected 1st in 2020 or something along those lines a la the Dragic trade between Phoenix and Miami. That could be a ridiculously juicy asset by then, and Rivers is shortsighted enough to do something like that to dump money.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm interested in what the Clippers will do. Their bench is just complete shit. It's hilariously bad. CP3 has proven himself to be a choker in the playoffs and not be good enough to carry a team (even with Blake).

Is it just me, or are the takes getting hot in here?

giphy.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Mmack loves the golden girls. When he wakes up befor me he goes and turns it on whatever channel it's on in the morning. I walk out to find him drawing at his art table with Blanche Dorothy rose and Sophia in the background dealing with some new post menopausal crisis.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Golden girls would merk diddy

Also gotta love the NBA how it is now. That micro dicked lizard Stern knew what he was doing when.he rigged the last 30 drafts.

Reactions: Wuf

Heisman06

Lottery is tonight at 8:30. Hoping Miami stays at #10 so the pick doesn't go to Philly. Man, how the mighty have fallen.

GTfan27

Haven't been on here in so long that I forgot how to attach images from my phone.

But anyways, ESPNs "Playoff Final Four" headline features and trifecta picture of Curry, Harden, and James.

The conspiracy is real. Atlanta is the Ron Paul of the playoffs.

Tailback U

@doh i can't agree with Paul taking the blame or being labeled a choker when his teammates didn't help him at all. Especially after he hit the game winner against the Spurs in game 7 overtime and his hammy probably wasn't 100% in this series.

The clips lost more so because griffin got worn out, Crawford went cold, redick was a turnover machine and Barnes completely disappeared (goose egg in game 7).

Terrence jones, josh smith, Ariza, and brewer simply outplayed the clips role players in the last 3 games.

I actually think this is the easiest finals matchup for the Warriors in the west. I can't see Smith, brewer, Ariza and jones out scoring the Warriors role players and I don't know how the rockets are going to defend curry and Klay.

dubs in 6 just because I respect harden and Dwight.

bruin

maybe if the Clips actually gave a shit in game 5, they don't lose the series.

simple as that. they choked on fucking apple sauce.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
so yea...saw some reporter asked Kyrie Irving how Lebron has been like a father to him?

WAT???

he's only like 7 yrs older than him. Is there really NOTHING else going on in Cleveland?

R2D2

For the Hawks to beat the Cavs, coaching has to outweigh the talent. I believe they can do that. Atl has a Pop disciple, whereas Cleveland has Blatt. Lulz.

PSUEagle

Would have preferred to get #1, but #3 ain't bad: should get a good wing/guard there.

LOL at New York. Eat a dick.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@doh i can't agree with Paul taking the blame or being labeled a choker when his teammates didn't help him at all. Especially after he hit the game winner against the Spurs in game 7 overtime and his hammy probably wasn't 100% in this series.

The clips lost more so because griffin got worn out, Crawford went cold, redick was a turnover machine and Barnes completely disappeared (goose egg in game 7).

Terrence jones, josh smith, Ariza, and brewer simply outplayed the clips role players in the last 3 games.

I actually think this is the easiest finals matchup for the Warriors in the west. I can't see Smith, brewer, Ariza and jones out scoring the Warriors role players and I don't know how the rockets are going to defend curry and Klay.

dubs in 6 just because I respect harden and Dwight.
Doh is one of those fans that says shit like that lol. There are a million reasons why it had nothing to do with paul that they lost. They shouldnt have even been in the second round, paul made that happen.

If anything paul makes his teams look too good before the playoffs, so the HOTTER THAN HOTTEST TAKES blame him.

R2D2

The best part.. is that all the players the Knicks traded away are having success. Lulz @ Carmelo.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Let's take a look at the 2016 draft:

Moose - still own the rights to their 1st rounder
LLLLLLAkers - only top 3 protected (not finishing in the bottom 3)
Miami - only top 10 protected (could happen again)
Thudner - only top 15 protected (injuries not going to bite them in the ass again next year)

Good chance the Moose end up with 4 1st round picks in the 2016 Draft.

Suck for some unknown incoming freshman at Kentucky. :thumbsup:

PSUEagle

Let's take a look at the 2016 draft:

Moose - still own the rights to their 1st rounder
LLLLLLAkers - only top 3 protected (not finishing in the bottom 3)
Miami - only top 10 protected (could happen again)
Thudner - only top 15 protected (injuries not going to bite them in the ass again next year)

Good chance the Moose end up with 4 1st round picks in the 2016 Draft.

Suck for some unknown incoming freshman at Kentucky. :thumbsup:

I'll bet Hinkie gets a #1 from someone this draft looking to dump salary.

I don't think Okafor is going to dramatically improve LA next year. He doesn't protect the rim and can't shoot outside five feet. Him and Randle will be the worst defensive front court in the NBA.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I'll bet Hinkie gets a #1 from someone this draft looking to dump salary.

I don't think Okafor is going to dramatically improve LA next year. He doesn't protect the rim and can't shoot outside five feet. Him and Randle will be the worst defensive front court in the NBA.

Still not gonna finish in bottom 3. Silver is not going to rig two lotteries for them.

PSUEagle

Still not gonna finish in bottom 3. Silver is not going to rig two lotteries for them.

Agree. I see LAL being somewhere in the 4-6 range in terms of worst records next season, which means there's a great chance the 76ers get their pick.

IMO the Lakers will finish with a worse record than Philly next season.