• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

PSUEagle

@Bucksin04

Nice job on the podcast. You've got a good voice for spoken media, as opposed to so many I hear that have scratchy/high pitched tones (like Bill Simmons).

Since you're an OSU guy and I'm sure you watched them play quite a bit, what are your thoughts on D'Angelo Russell?

There's parts of his game I love (incredible court vision, really nice jumper, unlimited range, can shoot on the catch coming off screens) but there's also some parts that terrify me (average athleticism, rarely finishes with his right hand, struggles in general at finishing towards the rim). Were his struggles against Top 100 team due to the quality of his teammates (and Thad Matta) or was it more on him and his deficiencies as a player?

The consensus seems to be that he's the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best player in this draft, but again, I see a lot of holes. Of course, the only prospect that doesn't have any real glaring deficiencies is Towns, but he's going Top 2.

Bucksin04

@Bucksin04

Nice job on the podcast. You've got a good voice for spoken media, as opposed to so many I hear that have scratchy/high pitched tones (like Bill Simmons).

Since you're an OSU guy and I'm sure you watched them play quite a bit, what are your thoughts on D'Angelo Russell?

There's parts of his game I love (incredible court vision, really nice jumper, unlimited range, can shoot on the catch coming off screens) but there's also some parts that terrify me (average athleticism, rarely finishes with his right hand, struggles in general at finishing towards the rim). Were his struggles against Top 100 team due to the quality of his teammates (and Thad Matta) or was it more on him and his deficiencies as a player?

The consensus seems to be that he's the 3rd (maybe 2nd) best player in this draft, but again, I see a lot of holes. Of course, the only prospect that doesn't have any real glaring deficiencies is Towns, but he's going Top 2.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

My college basketball watching is inversely proportional to how good the Cavs are. So the better the Cavs are, the less college ball I watch. The Cavs were good this year so I saw maybe an OSU game here and there and some of the tournament. I'm the last guy you want weighing in on his pro prospects.

PSUEagle

Thanks. Appreciate it.

My college basketball watching is inversely proportional to how good the Cavs are. So the better the Cavs are, the less college ball I watch. The Cavs were good this year so I saw maybe an OSU game here and there and some of the tournament. I'm the last guy you want weighing in on his pro prospects.

Bummer: thanks for the reply though.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
CGiJPZOUYAIaPF8.jpg:large

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I am still trying to figure out the Alvin Gentry hiring. Has there ever been a coach with 12 years experience and below 500 given another chance? 700 games should be more than enough of a sample size

PSUEagle

Zach Lowe seemed pretty enthused about the hiring so we'll see.

Helps that he's bringing in one of the league's most highly regarded defensive guys (Darren Erman) to be his lead assistant.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I am still trying to figure out the Alvin Gentry hiring. Has there ever been a coach with 12 years experience and below 500 given another chance? 700 games should be more than enough of a sample size
Considering the other candidates, I think it was the best move

The Pelicans blog bourbonstreetshots had a podcast with amin elhassan on it and he gave a great summary of Gentry's career.

But as a guy that has watched this team since the return to Nola, this was sorely needed. I don't think any other available coach would've offered what demps and the ownership wanted to do

Agreed w Pavel.

Just feel a bit bad because GS has played so meh this game, now Irving hurt, this could be 07 Cavs all over again w/o him.

Nobody else on the team can make a shot outside of a Mosgov dunk.