• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Is PHILA a thing? I like them other than that.

Throwback to the Chamberlain era.

Wilt.jpg

evil1

If the 76ers draft the 7' center from Spain (to go along with Nerlens Noel and the injured Joel Embiid), should we start laughing immediately or should we wait until the draft is over?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If the 76ers draft the 7' center from Spain (to go along with Nerlens Noel and the injured Joel Embiid), should we start laughing immediately or should we wait until the draft is over?

And by Spain you mean Latvia. Yes, you can laugh as soon as they make the pick.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Nah evil, we should applaud them. This is the new way of acquiring more second round picks, so you can then package them to get more first round picks besides the one you get for sucking for an entire season

atlbraves

He plays for a pro team in Spain. Kind of like Ginobili who is from Argentina but played for an Italian team when he was drafted

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They should pick bpa overall, but that's a lot of bigs. GMs know they dont need bigs to win so i cant imagine doing it for future return. It's just a lottery after towns and okafor anyway.

R2D2

Nah evil, we should applaud them. This is the new way of acquiring more second round picks, so you can then package them to get more first round picks besides the one you get for sucking for an entire season

Those Pelicans sure caused a riot in the playoffs, huh? The Warriors got lucky Jrue Holiday was hurt, 'cause otherwise the Pelicans may have actually won a game. Although, if Hinkie does pick that C I will be upset. Russell is the ideal perfect fit, imo.

Reel

Community Liaison
Where did the internet hurt you?

That was uncharacteristic of you brah.

Remember, I have no issue with you. I take issue with the sixers front office. Keep that in mind the next time you sperg at me

R2D2

Where did the internet hurt you?

That was uncharacteristic of you brah.

Remember, I have no issue with you. I take issue with the sixers front office. Keep that in mind the next time you sperg at me

Sarcastic trolling brah.

PSUEagle

Porzingis is a smokescreen, IMO. Real target is Russell, possibly Hezonja.

Back to your regularly scheduled trolling:thumbsup:

zoltan

Hopefully the Lakers can build an actual team this year to make a run. They're no fun to hate when they suck.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
both muh wife and muh dad portraying LeBron as an arrogant dude. i don't see him that way, but at the same time I don't really pay attention. What's this stuff about he wouldn't listen to his rookie coach? What adjustments were they really going to make to get more team production? Those guys are bums including the coach

Reel

Community Liaison
both muh wife and muh dad portraying LeBron as an arrogant dude. i don't see him that way, but at the same time I don't really pay attention. What's this stuff about he wouldn't listen to his rookie coach? What adjustments were they really going to make to get more team production? Those guys are bums including the coach
Serious questions?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
That's kind of silly. The NBA at most is a $5 billion revenue organization. And a collection of owners at that. The chosen one is more like bill gates or Sam Walton or the chairman of Goldman Sachs.

evil1

Comparing LeBron James to Allen Iverson is utterly ridiculous.

LeBron James has been as good of a role model, team player, example of a superstar as you can hope for. The criticism that LeBron is arrogant stems from his attitude that his teams have been very good and that he is the best player in the world. Well, he is right. His teams over the last several years have been very good and he is the best player in the world.

Considering how good he really is and how much he means to his team, how LeBron James carries himself belongs in the same category as how the other "good" guys in the NBA carry themselves, including Kevin Durant and Step Curry.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Comparing LeBron James to Allen Iverson is utterly ridiculous.

LeBron James has been as good of a role model, team player, example of a superstar as you can hope for. The criticism that LeBron is arrogant stems from his attitude that his teams have been very good and that he is the best player in the world. Well, he is right. His teams over the last several years have been very good and he is the best player in the world.

Considering how good he really is and how much he means to his team, how LeBron James carries himself belongs in the same category as how the other "good" guys in the NBA carry themselves, including Kevin Durant and Step Curry.

u on fb? once again worlds collide. I'm quoting/plagiarizing you for posterity

Tailback U

Lebron receives way too much hatred for a guy who has been in the national spotlight since he was what...a freshman in high school?

its amazing that he didn't screw up and get involved in drugs, fights, waste his money on stupid shit, hookers, cheat on his wife, abuse, etc., etc.

he comes across as a good guy who thinks he is the best basketball player in the world. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially when it's true.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Rumors abound that the lakers are trying to trade for two big men, The Marcus cousins.

Bucksin04

Rumors abound that the lakers are trying to trade for two big men, The Marcus cousins.

The Cavs traded JJ Hickson for Omri Casspi and a protected first round pick back in June 2011. Protections on the pick were as follows:

2012 - Lottery protected
2013 - Top 13 protected
2014 - Top 12 protected
2015-2017 - Top 10 protected
If it hasn't been conveyed by then, then it becomes a 2017 second rounder (protected 56-60).

The Cavs actually traded this pick to the Bulls in the Deng deal last year, but we're really looking at potentially 6 years before a draft pick with protections on it will actually be conveyed. That's insane.