• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
In the defense of Papelboner (aka top 5 least favorite player in MLB for me) he has a 1.96 ERA and three blown saves this year so he hasn't exactly been bad.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
2.50 ERA over three years with the Phillies. He sucks. He's only one of the best RPs in baseball history.

Lawd I can't stand Phils fans. Worst fans in baseball.

Seriously. This reminds of a friend I have. He's super negative. He's said the nats suck all year, and recently he was bitching about how bad Strasburg sucks. And then I look up his ERA ... :laughing: The Rockies best starting pitcher has an ERA over 4. You want to see a closer that's actually bad? I've seen a couple. A guy who has blown 3 saves in 26 opportunities is not bad.

doh

I hope he gets traded to the Giants.
I'd love to have a pitcher with a 2.50 ERA but the Giants aren't going to trade for someone with 15M left on his deal.

Then again we already stole Hunter Pence from the Phillies so Sabean would probably trade zero for him and get his deal paid off too.

R2D2

I'd love to have a pitcher with a 2.50 ERA but the Giants aren't going to trade for someone with 15M left on his deal.

Then again we already stole Hunter Pence from the Phillies so Sabean would probably trade zero for him and get his deal paid off too.

You play for the Giants!? What position!?

R2D2

"theScore Report: Phillies aggressively trying to trade 1B Ryan Howard, willing to eat salary."

Lawd.

osick87

Community Liaison
2.50 ERA over three years with the Phillies. He sucks. He's only one of the best RPs in baseball history.

Lawd I can't stand Phils fans. Worst fans in baseball.

Phillies fans hate him because Manuel only brought him in for save opportunities which made him look overpaid for the little work he was given. That's how I've always took it. Never got the logic to it

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
"theScore Report: Phillies aggressively trying to trade 1B Ryan Howard, willing to eat salary."

Lawd.

1992-fleer-ultra-amaro-front.jpg

Phillies fans hate him because Manuel only brought him in for save opportunities which made him look overpaid for the little work he was given. That's how I've always took it. Never got the logic to it

And doing nothing but talking about how you want to play somewhere....

Renegade

Charge on!
Damn I am tiring of Fredi Gonzalez. He continues to use Craig Kimbrel in non-save situations when the guy is obviously not as effective. Time after time he struggles either through giving up runs or getting in a jam and throwing a ton of pitches when he's used in non-save appearances. It's contributing to the overuse, just like Fredi did in 2011 when the bullpen just collapsed in late Sept and the team choked a big lead to miss the playoffs. If they don't acquire bullpen help soon, Kimbrel is going to fall apart in September.

Gooksta

Dumb to compare the two. Cubs have had guys like Samardizja that can actually fetch prospects. Astros have had to build through the draft because they haven't had anyone like him.
cubs signed a relative cheap Scott Feldman, who they flipped for for Jake Arrieta who is now pitching like an Ace. and Pedro Strop who is currently pitching the 8th inning for the Cubs Bullpen
and also signed a relatively cheap Jason Hammell who was part of the Samardzija deal

Cubs also spent money on the International Free agent Market to get Jorge Soler, Eloy Jimenez and Gleybar Torress..

Astros cant sign inexpensive Free agents and flip them for long term assets?
or spend money on the IFA market?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Why does Frank Thomas get a free pass from the steroid era? I know there were never any allegations against him but he played right in the heart of it and he was a monster.

Gooksta

Why does Frank Thomas get a free pass from the steroid era? I know there were never any allegations against him but he played right in the heart of it and he was a monster.
I hear because his numbers never really spiked.. they were around the same his whole career.. but one of his last seasons was sorta suspicious to me

doh

cubs signed a relative cheap Scott Feldman, who they flipped for for Jake Arrieta who is now pitching like an Ace. and Pedro Strop who is currently pitching the 8th inning for the Cubs Bullpen
and also signed a relatively cheap Jason Hammell who was part of the Samardzija deal

Cubs also spent money on the International Free agent Market to get Jorge Soler, Eloy Jimenez and Gleybar Torress..

Astros cant sign inexpensive Free agents and flip them for long term assets?
or spend money on the IFA market?
Those are ownership things beyond the GM's control in some cases.

Also the Astros have certainly played more "let's see what this guy's got" types than the Cubs. I also think it's important to play young guys and get them experience. If Springer was in the Cubs system, he'd still be in the minors. They give ABs/Innings to younger guys in general than the Cubs.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I hear because his numbers never really spiked.. they were around the same his whole career.. but one of his last seasons was sorta suspicious to me

Tough to tell:

2003: .267/.390/.562 42 HR
2004: missed 1/2 the season
2005: missed 3/4 the season
2006: .270/.381/.545 39 HR
2007: .277/.377/.480 26 HR

doh

LMAO! Whut?

the GM signs Free Agents.. are you saying the astros couldnt afford Scott Feldman or Jason Hammell??

that is laughable

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex...lls-worst-team-is-most-profitable-in-history/
The Astros signed Scott Feldman you moron :laughing:

You realize a GM takes his orders from the owner too? It was profitable as hell because I'm sure the owner didn't let him spend anything on payroll.

Also I'd rather play Springer/random stuff in RF than Nate Schierholtz.

doh

I don't think you understand how it works for a GM. They don't have all the power. The owner has all the power.

Gooksta

I don't think you understand how it works for a GM. They don't have all the power. The owner has all the power.
I have no idea what you are arguing? so you are arguing the cubs rebuild cant be compared to the astros because the owners have power? where is this coming from?

Hey philly fans.. your GM is shit because the owner has all the power?!?

Gooksta

The Astros signed Scott Feldman you moron :laughing:

You realize a GM takes his orders from the owner too? It was profitable as hell because I'm sure the owner didn't let him spend anything on payroll.
oh.. doh is sure of it.. argument over