• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Screen-Shot-2014-05-26-at-5.44.52-PM.png

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Yordana Ventura pitches tonight! I love extra innings package

And it might be the last time he pitches this season. MRI today. Plebeian royal coaches optimistic TJ won't be an option since it's on the outside of the elbow and not the inside.

Bucksin04

Not that baseball is ever super exciting unless there's someone chasing after a record (McGwire/Sosa, Bonds, etc.), but has this been an unbelievably boring season this year or is it just me?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Not being able to see the Astros for the 2nd or 3rd straight season has completely killed any interest in baseball I had.

Bucksin04

Not being able to see the Astros for the 2nd or 3rd straight season has completely killed any interest in baseball I had.

I'm in the same boat. Played baseball from the moment I could walk through senior year varsity in high school. Loved the game. Went to 10-15 Cleveland Indians games a year. Then went to Indiana for college, lived in Indianapolis since, never get to see the Indians on TV, and could not possibly care less about baseball anymore.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Sporting News nails something that a large majority of Phillies fans already knew....RAJ is the worst GM in MLB.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/sto...-best-worst-beane-cherington-cashman/slide/30

Amaro took over for Pat Gillick right after the Phillies won the World Series in 2008, and since then, it has been a direct downhill run. Philadelphia lost the World Series in 2009, lost the NLCS in 2010, lost in the first round in 2011, missed the playoffs in 2012, and fell under .500 in 2013. The next stop could well be last place, but even if the Phillies manage to avoid the cellar, Amaro’s attempts to build a team as if it is still 2008 have been baffling. After a year in which the Phillies were too old and broke down physically, Amaro actually made them older in the offseason. You almost have to double check that Tony Gwynn and John Mayberry are not actually their fathers.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I understand your pain, that is how it was with the Blackhawks when I was growing up. Even if you love the sport and team not being able to watch them every night just kills the buzz.

Corn Hawk

Let's talk about Dayton Moore's first round draft picks.

Out of all of these high draft picks, the best products are two middle relievers and a first baseman on pace for 3 HR this season. People are excited about Zimmer, Dozier, and Manaea, but based on track record they'll probably suck. Also, Zimmer was shut down (again) for 6 to 8 weeks.

2006 Luke Hochevar - One of the worst starting pitchers ever.
2007 Mike Moustakas - One of the worst players in baseball, hitting .152 this year.
2008 Eric Hosmer - 1B on pace for 3 HR this season.
2008 Mike Montgomery - Has never made the majors, mediocre pitcher for Rays' AAA team.
2009 Aaron Crow - Bad starter in the minors, mediocre RP who can't win even a setup job.
2010 Christian Colon - 25 years old, hasn't made majors, not as good as Gio, who is awful.
2011 Bubba Starling - Hitting .200 in A ball thanks to a hot streak. Turns 22 this season.
2012 Kyle Zimmer
2013 Hunter Dozier
2013 Sean Manaea

What a terrible organization.

Last edited:

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
i've enjoyed watching the marlins not suck this year. Fernandez going down with Tommy John really killed any hopes I had of beating the odds and making any noise. Still love baseball, but sometimes i think it hates me.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Cubs finally say fuck you to the rooftop owners

EOWRIGLEY-CST-052814-11_46587921.JPG

e Cubs on Tuesday showcased — and put a $75 million pricetag on — their revised plan to add more signs, seats and lights at Wrigley Field and said if the team is not allowed to “control our ballpark,” it would consider moving and look first at other Chicago sites.
That brings the overall cost of renovating Wrigley and developing the land around it to $575 million.
The added cost is tied to several new features. They include: a 30,000-square-foot clubhouse in a two-level basement beneath an outdoor plaza; adding a 200-seat restaurant and 200-person auditorium behind the home dugout; adding three or four rows of bleacher seats and claiming even more seats by relocating the home and visiting bullpens from foul territory to a protected area beneath the expanded bleachers that gives relief pitchers a view of the field.
“If there’s one good thing that came out of the delay — and it’s the only good thing — is it gave us a chance to see our players in Arizona. It gave us a chance to see how they used the new place there. And it caused us to re-think a couple of things,” Crane Kenney, Cubs president of business operations, said of the expanded clubhouse.
Last year, Cubs President Tom Ricketts told the City Club of Chicago he would “have to consider” leaving century-old Wrigley if he was not allowed to put up the outfield signs he needs to bankroll a $300 million renovation of the landmark stadium.
At the time, the focus was on Rosemont’s offer of free land to build a Wrigley replica and on the overtures made to the Cubs by DuPage County.
On Tuesday, Kenney renewed the threat with a new wrinkle: another site in Chicago.
“If we don’t control our ballpark, then we have to look at other options and we would work with the city on that. . . . We would first look in the city,” Kenney said.
“That would be what would happen, but those conversations have not occurred at any level. . . . Everyone believes this project is moving forward. We’re all excited. The city, obviously, would love to see this move forward, as would the team and our fans. So, our focus has been 100 percent on Wrigley Field and moving this forward,” Kenney said.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Big old CUBS script logo floating in left center between the old scoreboard and the new jumbo. There's some open space, cover it!

Corn Hawk

Royals say Ventura will only miss one start. That's really great.

Now if only they could find someone with the ability to hit a baseball.

Gooksta

also.. the cubs are getting closer.. even though Soler has been hit with constant Nagging injuries.. he will only 1 option left after this year. so he is gonna be up regardless at the end of the year, next year.. if Baez and Bryant stay on their current pace, they will be up sometime next year guarantee'd.. dont forget A Alcantara also. he has looked very good in AAA also.. Next year most of the Cubs Impact prospects should be on the big club.

BART SCOTT!

Gooksta

Orioles leading candidate for Samardzija?

Dylan Bundy and Hunter Harvey,, can you say "YES PLEASE"

Gooksta

He pitches for the Cubs, not the Jays.

They would be nuts to trade Bundy regardless. You are dreamin.
TOR = top of rotation
and yes. I am dreaming.. duhhh
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
f5fh3vktnjv7n1ywk7xp.png

Cardinals fans will occasionally take a break from telling you how classy they are to announce that some outsider has achieved the rarefied level of class necessarily to be a Cardinal. Congratulations, Derek Jeter. If only you had been drafted by St. Louis, perhaps you would have amounted to something.

js2o2ghlis2cd7xzcyie.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
James shields would be a "cheaper" alternative to the shark.

Plus you give Dayton Moore a list of 6 prospects, tell him to pick 3, and laugh knowing he picked the wrong ones.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I saw that about the Braves stadium earlier, what a cluster fuck.

Whoever thinks putting a stadium at I-75 & 285 is a good idea is out of their fucking mind. I was there yesterday and it is a complete clusterfuck now in the evening.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
It isn't the worst. Having the airport on the southside of town and most of the businesses north creates a lot of problems. Lack of public transportation doesn't help either.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ront-office-052714?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:mlbonfox

"How much longer before Royals shake things up in dugout front office?"

KC's rebuilding efforts were very interesting to me. They overspent on non-first round picks in the draft and had what Baseball America called the "greatest farm system ever" in 2011 (IIRC 11 top 100 players). Now they look like really they're no where and don't have much talent coming up. I don't think Dayton Moore will survive the year.

They fucked up on a lot of things but IMO the worst two were
1. Wil Myers trade. Just a complete disaster
2. Taking Bubba Starling over Anthony Rendon and Moore's whole "second wave" idea. I don't get the idea of "let's continue to delay being good". The idea should be let's get as many good players to our big league team then trade the good pieces for future pieces (i.e. the A's).

Lloyd Carr

Man, I'm really liking Murphy. It kind of sucks though, because I am a Cerveli fan as well.

Will be a tough decision once Cerveli gets back.