• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Where at? I also spent twice face value on club seats on StubHub once. Not doing that again.

On stubhub. The 300 level was super cheap and that was when I had my torn achilles so I was moved to the handicapped seating down at the 100 level each game.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I lol'd at that story. Let's forget the fact the hawks have pretty much sucked is the reason people don't come to the games.

While I wouldn't doubt a rich old guy is kind of raycess- I mean the Deng comment is stupid- but the internal email, I mean he even states that he thinks the reasons people may choose to avoid going to games (too opaque) are stupid and raycess- but to me he's more saying "this is the ideal demographic to statistically court, and maybe we should do a better job since there's about 700 people at our games" - that maybe they should mix in a Big & Rich concert after a game in addition to...Biz Markie? (random rap name generator)

The Deng comment is kind of stupid though- I really don't know how this stuff got out unless its other shareholders trying to push him out.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
While I wouldn't doubt a rich old guy is kind of raycess- I mean the Deng comment is stupid- but the internal email, I mean he even states that he thinks the reasons people may choose to avoid going to games (too opaque) are stupid and raycess- but to me he's more saying "this is the ideal demographic to statistically court, and maybe we should do a better job since there's about 700 people at our games" - that maybe they should mix in a Big & Rich concert after a game in addition to...Biz Markie? (random rap name generator)

The Deng comment is kind of stupid though- I really don't know how this stuff got out unless its other shareholders trying to push him out.

I think the salient point is that this shit is coming out TWO YEARS after the fact. To me, that smells of chips being cashed to me. Someone was holding that over his head and eventually used it when the time was right (perhaps the Clippers drama gave them the idea that the time was ripe).

Put a winning team on the floor, and you won't have to worry about what color fans come to the games because they'll all be spending green.

evil1

I think the Hawks have had a contentious ownership situation with the minority stake holders for years. I think Basin is right and this is one or more of the other owners using this as leverage.

Mame YO

slings rocks
At least it's a more subtle two tone and not like what a lot of other teams have done. But I liked the older court. :(

sayo

YEET
At least it's a more subtle two tone and not like what a lot of other teams have done. But I liked the older court. :(
They had the design the court thing and chose 3 that we could vote one. 2 of them had the two tone look so I'm guessing they really wanted to go that route from the get go. Then the one that one was the ugliest of the three.

Snorky's Shame

The Bulls are too high on that list. I liked the last court at Chicago Stadium better than the one they've had for over 20 seasons at the United Center.

CJ_24

I would have the spurs at numero uno if they had kept ther old center court logo. Even the new design should be top 5.

Nice of the hawks to bring it back to the 'nique era. Bout time

Reel

Community Liaison
BxhOtz6IgAERLYu.png:large

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's just making sure nobody gets a clear jumper from the top of the key

Bucksin04

I was messing around* and somehow ended up breaking the news on Twitter re: how much League Pass will cost this year.

$199.95 on DirecTV, $199 on Dish Network.

*And by messing around, I mean I wondered how much LP was going to cost this year. Everyone I talked to said they hadn't heard anything. So I just started a chat online with a DirecTV rep and he told me. Less than a half hour after our conversation, prices were posted on DirecTV.com and Dish Network's website.

Reel

Community Liaison
not the alternates I was hoping for but at least it looks like they learned their lesson from the small ass font on the home/away jerseys. Still hoping there will be some mardi gras themed jerseys at some point, but i dont think these are the worst jerseys i've ever seen

ByP_g_vIgAAFQPv.jpg:large

zoltan

Mavs got some sweet fan made alternates revealed the other day

The Suns might get Zoran Dragic the bro of Goran Dragic..... haha that it so sick theyre gonna have two sets of brothers on the same team if that happens

zoltan

DC is on NOLA now?

i missed that.... anyways finally bledsoe agreed to a f'n contract with phoenix.... hope he balls tf out for all this damn money 5 yrs 70 mil or sumn like that

hope we still get Zoran thooo

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
You Thudner guys will likely love McGary: http://newsok.com/article/5347153

One of my favorite ever players to watch at Michigan, and he really only played in about 25-30 games. Just wait until you see him leading the fastbreak, which is he surprisingly good at.

Reel

Community Liaison
new pelicans court design was approved and will be included this year.

the area inside the 3pt arc looks nice. Cant wait to see how it looks once the color has been added

By8TrhiCcAAH2R-.jpg:large

Here is the mock up

By8Zxg0IcAEHa4P.png:large

Last edited: