• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

Bucksin04

"Jordan barely uses the Roadrunner, but, given the Tunes’ size disadvantage, they really should have attacked the Monstars by spacing the floor with speed and 3-point shooting."

The Zach Loweiest sentence that ever Zach Lowed.

Schedule released on NBA TV at 6:00 PM tonight. Bart Scott.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Since Shelly isn't as bad, she gets a 2 billion dollar check and all the benefits of being owner?

Shelly Sterling no longer owns any piece of the Clippers, but here is what she does still get as part of this sale.
• Official title of “owner emeritus”
• Official title of “Clippers No. 1 fan”
• Two courtside tickets for all Clippers home games
• Ten tickets in the good seats in the lower bowl of Staples Center for all Clippers home games
• A dozen VIP passes to the luxury lounges (or media room) for all Clippers home games
• Six parking passes for every Clippers home game
• Three championship rings should the Clippers win a title
Why is that disturbing? Because Shelly Sterling is far from clean in all of Donald Sterling filth.
Shelly Sterling shows up all over some of the housing discrimination lawsuits filed against Sterling. Sheallegedly posed as a government inspector to both find out what race the tenants of their buildings were and to harass some of them. While this was all going on she said her husband was not a racist to the cameras.

Chase

It will have potential as long as Zach Lowe is on it. But the NBA Countdown show has been a mess. Surprised they just don't go with Jay Bilas or something.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It will have potential as long as Zach Lowe is on it. But the NBA Countdown show has been a mess. Surprised they just don't go with Jay Bilas or something.

Maybe he is doing this to practice or something

Bucksin04

Knowing absolutely ZERO details about anything, here's what I would think makes the most sense:

Opening segment: "The Opening Tip" - Bill opens discussing the biggest issues going on in the NBA. Might just be him, might be him and multiple others in a roundtable style.
Second segment: "Our Featured Presentation" - A pre-recorded feature on a player or team in the league. You could talk me into "Game Time" as a segment name here.
Third segment: "Hoop Talk" -Live interview with a player/coach/executive/retired player/media member
Fourth segment: "Coach's Corner" - Doug Collins/George Karl/Zach Lowe (segment name needs some work if Lowe does this but you get the idea) breaks down a specific play from the past couple of weeks from and X's and O's perspective.
Fifth segment: "Give the People What They Want" - Segment where Bill/the panel responds to reader e-mails like Simmons does in his mailbag.
Closing segment: "Crunch Time" - Rapid fire preview/predictions for the night's games and a "what to watch for" in the upcoming weeks. Also considered "At the Buzzer" as a segment name.

Boom. Done.

Last edited:

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Holy shit, I'm hearing the Timberwolves are getting Thaddeus Young for Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved. :laughing:

Timberwolves get: Wiggins, Bennett, Young, $4 mil trade exception

Cavs get: Love

Sixers get: 2015 Miami 1st, Mbah a Moute, Shved

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Holy shit, I'm hearing the Timberwolves are getting Thaddeus Young for Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved. :laughing:

Timberwolves get: Wiggins, Bennett, Young, $4 mil trade exception

Cavs get: Love

Sixers get: 2015 Miami 1st, Mbah a Moute, Shved
This should make OU wet. He loves hoarding draft picks

evil1

I think Minnesota exceeded all expectations for what they received for Kevin Love. The would have been better off if they could have found a way to keep him, but since they couldn't, this is a pretty good haul.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Bv5O2nSIYAAJvGT.jpg

R2D2

R2 was born in 96 brah. He don't know no better

95, actually. I used to actually have a Phillies Starter jacket until I was about 7. The jackets are the only reason the company is even around, cause I bet they made millions off those things.

Bucksin04

Wolves owner Glen Taylor called Kevin Love "foul prone" yesterday. Love has played 364 games. He has 5 or more fouls in 19 of those games. He has fouled out once in his career.

GJGE, Mr. Taylor.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
And he's going to be third fiddle so he'll get none of the credit and all if the blame.

Bucksin04

Courtside seats for the Cavs home opener are going for as much as $23,000.

Cheapest ticket for any seat is listed at $695.25 on StubHub as of last night.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Yeah I used to get 1st level seats to the Heat for like $15 the year they just had Wade, Beasely, and Matrix/Marion

My ex lived right across from the AAA, and Marion lived in the penthouse of her building

We would see him from time to time, and I would say what up Shawn, and he would stoically say "call me Matrix"

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Cost me 10 bucks for lower level endzone seats to Nuggets-TWolves earlier this year. If I can get courtside to Hornets-Nuggets for $30 or less that would be fantastic

Bucksin04

I went to a Bulls-Cavs game in Cleveland last year and I think it's the first time I had paid to attend an NBA game since the Heat-Pacers 2012 Eastern Semifinals. Wife's company has 3rd row, 14th row, and suite tickets so she's usually able to get a couple of those for when the Cavs have been in town the past couple of years plus she usually wins some other ones 2-3 times per year. Fraternity brother of mine hooked me up with playoff tickets for Games 1 and 5 of the first round Pacers-Hawks series this year. And my old company had season tickets as well that I was able to snag once.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Cheapest ticket I've had for a Thudner game (besides free, obvs) was $60...for upper tier seats...

I regularly got tickets to round one and two games for $40 or less the year after they lost to the Lakers in round 1. Only got to $60 against Dallas. I bought two tickets in Memphis for game 6 for like $12 each tho :laughing:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I regularly got tickets to round one and two games for $40 or less the year after they lost to the Lakers in round 1. Only got to $60 against Dallas. I bought two tickets in Memphis for game 6 for like $12 each tho :laughing:

Where at? I also spent twice face value on club seats on StubHub once. Not doing that again.