• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

Yeah, kam chancellor and sherman and irvin are so obviously on roids. They scout undersized players and develop them with PEDs.

giphy.gif

evil1

Denver brings back Mike Shanahan and trades for RGIII. Colorado utopians take a moment to listen for the wild cackling and hysterical laughing from the Ft. Collins area. Done deal.

Reactions: Wuf

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Believe it or not, if I were Elway, I'd bring in someone to run the air raid with Peyton next year, then grab a QB like RGIII as his backup to run the offense the next year. Hell, hire Art Briles. Would at least be a lot more interesting than sticking the Big O out there.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Bronco fans ran Orton out of town too. He was of course replaced by Tebow, but he was pretty successful and the defense was garbage when he was there.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bronco fans ran Orton out of town too. He was of course replaced by Tebow, but he was pretty successful and the defense was garbage when he was there.

The defense was garbage for Orton and was also the defense that was so amazing that it won all the games for Tebow.

Anyway, did you all see the press conference where Horsefuckface accidentally thanks hisself instead of John Fox? @bruin
http://deadspin.com/john-elway-thanks-john-elway-for-being-so-dandy-1679279327

Deadspin comment:
"Denver needs to win a superbowl before Elway starts this sort of self aggrandizing talk. He's clearly putting the cart before himself."

I want to invite that guy to Utopia.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Jets just want to play the ugliest possible brand of football. I don't get it. Hayvis should just kill hisself

R2D2

Leading candidates for other NFL teams:

Chicago: John Fox. Will likely be hired after his interview Wednesday.
Atlanta: Dan Quinn.
Denver: Gary Kubiak.
San Francisco: Adam Gase.
Oakland: Jack Del Rio.

I reel e hope Oakland lands JDR. Probably the best coaching candidate they've had since Jon Gruden.

Hike

güero
Local news reporting that Gase to Niners and Del Rio to Raiders are pretty much done deals. But apparently Gase will still interview with Elway today so who knows.

bruin

with whats going on in the AFC West, a good off season for the Chiefs is monumental.

/bart scott for free agency and the draft.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
If it's true that Gettleman is gonna go after some big free agents with the Panthers out of cap hell, I'm Bart Scott as well.

Bucksin04

I reel e hope Oakland lands JDR. Probably the best coaching candidate they've had since Jon Gruden.

Your new Oakland Raiders coach!

R2D2

I love the Redskins. Reportedly hired Joe Barry as their DC, the same guy who's defense led the Lions to an outstanding 0-16 record.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Hue Jackson was on the verge of something special there. That guy had balls (I remember he went for it on 4th and 1 at this own 30 in the first half more than once), the roster wasn't that bad and McFadden had some huge games with a good OL... then Jason Campbell got hurt and they made the Carson Palmer trade. Plus Al died and his idiot son hired Reggie McKenzie who hired Dennis Allen.

I hope Hue gets another HC job. He took risks as a National Football League HC that I've never seen anyone else do. Ran fake punts, went for it on 4th down all the time, had a fun offense...

Hike

güero
Reading tweets from local sports writers: Trestman possibility for OC, Jason Tarver moving from Oakland to SF as DC. So far I am not optimistic about 2015.

Lloyd Carr

Reading the transcript of the Rex Ryan pres-conference today, and his comments in relation to being hired, he's the master of having the right attitude. Id go to war for that man.

I think this will be the best HC hire this year for any team.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Teryl Austin not getting hired is awesome. I assume the Lions are going to send Caldwell back to whatever soup kitchen he was running and promote Austin to HC and find a real offensive coordinator.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You post the graph measuring Peyton Manning's success in points per drive? To me that is more of a team success metric. For the last half of the season, our grocery bagging RB 4th string RB was the most productive back in the NFL, that's why the offensive decline wasn't precipitous. Manning's quarterback rating shows the drop we all saw. Even the couple of games he had with high ratings it was mostly because he threw a few short TD passes, but the offense was mostly moving because the running game was successful.

morris-datalab-manning-11.png

I don't think Peyton Manning is "done" either, I do think it is too much to ask him to play every snap all season long at this point, and that's why I honestly think a 2 QB system would be perfect for Denver. They basically play with two distinct offenses as it is, why not just switch the QB out when they go to the "heavy" personnel package?

538 boy argues: "But I think this argument — that the running game compensated for Manning — is actually a pretty good example of how narratives based on short-term statistical fluctuations can be off-base." Nah, b, they literally changed the offense because Peyton was hurt or something. Go look at the Stats in the rams loss and then go look at the stats every game after that. Denver completely changed everything. They were FORCING the run, even when it wasn't working.

I think the playoff game was more angry dad syndrome than him being "done." Irishman hit the trog-nail on the head when he mentioned the sack/fumble as the "angry dad" turning point of the game. Before that play, Peyton was money. After that play he blew goats. His God-like mind is just fragile as fuck, and that's all there is to it.