• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

R2D2

Warriors gon' repeat

11836732_866450076769650_6108048743955427597_n.jpg

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Pellies getting some national tv love this season

Opener in Oakland, Christmas day in Miami and a couple more sprinkled in

R2D2

Pellies getting some national tv love this season

Opener in Oakland, Christmas day in Miami and a couple more sprinkled in

If Jrue can stay healthy, the Pels could definitely be a 5/6 seed in the West. San Antonio will probably win the SW with Houston, Memphis/NOLA, and Dallas falling suit.

Reel

Community Liaison
Jrue's health is vital. I'm just glad he will have his first full off season with the team.

Every interview AD has done, he can't stop smiling about the playstyle they will be using this season

Ryan Anderson should also have a bounce back year. He's also lost weight he gained while trying to come back from his freak back injury last season. He will be in better playing shape too.

Heisman06

I'm optimistic about Miami's team. Expect a more up-tempo offense and a top 4 finish in the East. Never know though. I was also optimistic last season.

Dragic/Chalmers/Tyler Johnson
Wade/Gerald Green/Josh Richardson
Deng/Justise Winslow/Ennis
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Whiteside/Amare/Birdman

I'd prefer to offload Chalmers and Birdman's contracts but that seems unlikely. Amare and Green are both solid offensive additions off the bench. McRoberts will be the x-factor if he comes back healthy. Great passer that was injured right when Miami was starting to run a lot of sets through him.

NML

I can't see Miami finishing that high. They definitely aren't passing Cleveland, Chicago, or Toronto - I really can't see them passing Atlanta either. I'd also personally put Milwaukee, Boston, and Washington ahead of them.

Heisman06

Also, I'll give you Milwaukee and maybe the Hawks but I think Miami will be a better team than Washington and the Celtics.

NML

It's the same team from last year, just older. Even if Bosh and Wade were healthy all season (which is completely unrealistic to expect), they may have just snuck into the playoffs. You are basically banking on a bunch of old, injury prone players to stay healthy all season. Even Dragic is almost 30

The only point of optimism would be Whiteside, but I'd say a full season is much more likely to regress to his career average of awful than to keep up his numbers from last year.

Reel

Community Liaison
the pelicans have probably the best up and coming star in the NBA, and g8r is still talking about Nerlens Noel...

52db39c2_3ykiyu.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
What's the over/under on the number of regular season games Jrue plays before he gets hurt: 0.5? :laughing:

Reel

Community Liaison
aight now guys...lets not start this shit again

i'll just continue to observe the pels this season and make the occasional post here and there

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
first RUSS of the new thread. the west is going to be gnarly this year. just hope okc can get home court for at least the first round stay healthy all year, and they'll be in good shape come playoff time

sayo

YEET
All jokes aside, Jrue is only a month older than Lillard which sounds crazy. He just needs to stay healthy.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The Moose have zero games on national TV for the 15-16 season. It's a got damn conspiracy.

evil1

erzzzz are not the Knicks

Edit: You have changed the gif appropriately

Last edited:

Heisman06

Lakers must REELY draw insanely good ratings. That team shouldn't be on national TV 19 times. Give em 5. Awful.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Lakers must REELY draw insanely good ratings. That team shouldn't be on national TV 19 times. Give em 5. Awful.

It felt like every game that was on ABC Sunday afternoon last season that I happened to put on would be the Lakers looking like dogshit. Mark it zero

Heisman06

I get that traditionally these teams draw but but do the Lakers STILL draw those ratings even when they're this awful? I'd love to see a breakdown of the ratings before and after Kobe's injury.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Most are clowns like y'all hate-watching them.

The real fans are at the beach in February with that shit on DVR so we have something to watch later that night while checking the nature thread to read up on everyone else whining about shoveling snow.

errrz.gif, putos

Heisman06

I'll hate-watch the Cavs from time to time but I don't even bother with the Lakers-Knicks. It's just a bad product, especially when Kobe/Melo miss the majority of their games. At least you get quality chucking when they're playing.