• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

zoltan

This fool curry already in the hall purely off hype.

They was tryna choose between him and prime Kobe the other day lol like wtf

Media all on his crotch bro they bring fuggin cameras to watch his two ball drills n shit in pregame

Boppers.

Man I'll take the death of the post player over that nonsense. The league was practically unwatchable back then. Pistons won a championship scoring like 50pts a game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Same here- that's why I'm more in a "be careful what you wish for" mode there. While I like seeing post play, it does slow down the game and that awful era, when it wasn't Kobe and AI running endless iso's and shooting 12-33 every game, it was a lot of trying to post up bigger guards like Kobe and Hardaway on smaller guards (which would be negated by the legality of zone defense now)

My main beef is just that there is a "dead" spot on the front court where it just doesn't make sense to shoot from.. and part of me just hates seeing guys like Anthony Davis, Kevin Love, Aldridge and Ibaka having to shoot 3's when they were born to play in the paint.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Fucking Silver wants to change the rules to get "Hack-a-Shaq" out of the game again.

Fine, then. Rule: players who are below 70% FT on the season aren't allowed to be on the court in the last two minutes.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Fucking Silver wants to change the rules to get "Hack-a-Shaq" out of the game again.

Fine, then. Rule: players who are below 70% FT on the season aren't allowed to be on the court in the last two minutes.

Or they could just call it as an intentional foul. Which it is. 2 shots and the ball.

-YTC

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Or they could just call it as an intentional foul. Which it is. 2 shots and the ball.

-YTC

So now when Jordan and Howard go down to block for post position, you bang them alittle harder and get a foul called. You go through them when he tries to go out and set a pick. So youve gone from just an intentional foul to an "unintentional foul in the run of play". Or do you now want to make off-ball fouls all intentional too?

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
What other rules are they going to implement to hide inefficiencies of players?
In high school, if you intentionally foul away from the ball... And I'm talking blatantly like hack a Shaq, it is a technical foul, two shots and the ball. I imagine doing that one time in the NBA, down by one, that will make people think long and hard about doing that

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
In high school, if you intentionally foul away from the ball... And I'm talking blatantly like hack a Shaq, it is a technical foul, two shots and the ball. I imagine doing that one time in the NBA, down by one, that will make people think long and hard about doing that
I get it in high school rules. Totally understand due to the talent gap that high school sports can have between teams.

But this is the fucking NBA. As @MSUFanatic said, this is not about helping the game. This is about hiding a player's inefficiencies.

sayo

YEET
And it's like 5 players. You're going to change a rule cause 5 players can't hit their free throws? That's dumb. The argument is it hurts the game and isn't fun to watch but I personally find it intriguing whenever it happens in a game I'm watching. I obviously can't speak for the entire nba fan base.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So now when Jordan and Howard go down to block for post position, you bang them alittle harder and get a foul called. You go through them when he tries to go out and set a pick. So youve gone from just an intentional foul to an "unintentional foul in the run of play". Or do you now want to make off-ball fouls all intentional too?

Considering the referees are nuanced enough to determine Flagrant versus Common fouls, I'm good with giving them the ability to judge for themselves.

-YTC

atlbraves

My take is that off-the-ball intentional fouling is tantamount to playing the keep-away offense before the shot clock was implemented. I think it's a little bit of a travesty in both cases.

Intentionally fouling the player WITH the ball is a legitimate strategy at any point in the game. If a team in the bonus decides to bear-hug Drummond as soon as he catches an entry pass, that would be fine. Teams could definitely employ some legitimate Hack-a-Shaq strategy in moments like this, although in practice, they would probably not arise too often.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I have the same thought as Gator. It will just lead to even more inexcusable flopping trying to draw intentional foul calls.

Honestly, I don't think the game needs to be fixed, at least in that sense. If you can't hit your free throws then get off the floor. I don't see why the opponent should be made to cater to the weaknesses in the opponent's game.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
To make the game more entertaining we need to stop this fouling nonsense. But that makes a shitty players weakness go away. So thur must be compensation. To go along eith new tours ginkgo two and the ball, The lowest ft % shooter in each team must wear the San Diego chicken costume for the game. This fowling out.

Imagine how entertaining it is now. And fair.

zoltan

It has less to do with inefficiency than slowing the game to a screeching halt.

Besides nobody pays money to watch Deandre Jordan shoot free throws. Maybe if basketball was purely about winning and losing, but it's moreso entertainment value than anything else.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I have the same thought as Gator. It will just lead to even more inexcusable flopping trying to draw intentional foul calls.

Honestly, I don't think the game needs to be fixed, at least in that sense. If you can't hit your free throws then get off the floor. I don't see why the opponent should be made to cater to the weaknesses in the opponent's game.

Couldn't you make the same argument as it relates to defense? If you can't defend without resorting to bear hugging a player, then get off the court.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I was in a clip. Didn't realize one of the teams was undefeated. The story was about them mainly by I was in a small clip

kingssc

Steph vs RUSS tonight

latest

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So does Durant tank tonight to help out his future teammates or try to score a lot to impress them so they'll let him on the team?