• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Anything less than a championship Afew weeks ago should have been a complete failure too. But that's just me

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If Curry and Kerr weren't so likable, I would root for extreme failure, but I mean shit. Durant knows it is a bitch maid move, but he don't care. The media and fans have made it known that all that matters is rings and your career ain't shit if you don't win one.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
"I felt I had to represent because they had one good part in this movie for a black man and they gave it to Crocodile Dundee!"

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You need Griffin to send that over the top though, he's the one that instigates everything. I couldn't imagine a team with Blake and RUSS. They'd probably get voted off the island

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Im surprised we are lacking in Lakerrrrzzzzz shit posts. With KD leaving, RUSS is now surely on his way back home to LA. Coupled with Swagy P, I could smell a first round playoff series win. With 2nd generation Deadhead Luke Walton at the helm, they are headed in the right direction.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

With that being said, supposedly, the Kangzz are interested in D'Angelo Russell, although the Errrz would have to get something monumental in return for last year's #2 overall pick. But if they do indeed deal him to Sac Town, the writing is on the wall for a RUSS homecoming.

Last edited:

zoltan

Ray allen is such a hoe for that :laughing:

Let me just unretire real quick and choose one of the best two teams.

Intrigued by warriors? Lol lame ass.

Cavs should just create a super team and then the spurs can lowkey just win another ship by beating them both:laughing:

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I hate you

9yxM1.gif

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
No shit. Ridiculous...

although the LA area already has enough tools... @carolinalax

Reactions: Wuf

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I've never seen a guy claim to be a "reporter" and yet be so influenced by the team he covers, and consistently apologetic for the team. Royce Young might as well be a member of the Thunder PR staff.

Anthony Slater from the Oklahoman is probably worse.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Remember when David Stern nixed CP3 to the Lakers to maintain the fairness of the leagu... er.. for basketball reasons?
On twitta, someone brought this up and it was explained that stern was acting as a member of the hornets board of trustees or whatever and not the commissioner, so that's why the trade was nixed.

Otoh, another tweet said stern was pissed at J. West for giving the Lakers Pau for practically nothing while he was the grizzlies GM

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd question why you listened to 57 minutes of that. But, I listened to an hour and 20 minutes on what may be considered "tributaries" of "Waters of the United States." I'm in no position to throw stones.

I listened to 4ish minutes of that, starting 34 minutes into it

Tailback U

Festus Ezeli + Andres Verejao in game 7 = 18 minutes, 1 point, 1-5, 1 rebound, 2 assists...so anything is an upgrade over those 2 but you still need size.

I still think they need to add 1 more banger but West is obviously a great depth move. More importantly gives them experience/intelligence in the paint and I'm surprised to see that he shot 43% from 3 last season and he's a career 80% free throw shooter. Festus shot 53% from the line.

Re-signing Speights is important, too, but replacing Bogut, Festus, Verejao, Barnes, (possibly Speights) with Durant & West looks great on paper but doesn't help them where they needed help most.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
More INSIDE SOURCES including team execs saying WestGOAT is definitely leaving. I really wish Presti would just keep him and let him leave in FA if he wants. Honestly who is going to pay much for RUSS? Lakers maybe? Why would anyone else pay for him when he's going to test FA, he won't sign a long term deal.

So what is the deal you take for RUSS that makes more sense than just gambling?

zoltan

i find it somewhat annoying how all these old fools just chase rings for veterans minimum year after year.

it doesnt really elevate their legacy, if anything it tarnishes it.

s/o to players like Stockton, AI, and Reggie Miller who didnt just take the easy route to win a bunch of hollow rings.

Dont they wanna compete anymore? The thunder/warriors regular season games and playoff series was fuckin sick. why fuckin bow out and admit defeat especially when you were lowkey the better team. Two of the top 5 players in the league (arguably) on the same team, they had some crazy battles and came up short and now its just gonna be a wash. Unless a team like the clippers or grizzlies or spurs steps tf up i dont see golden state really even getting challenged while healthy in the west.

Lebron is the king so i trust him to do his thing if they both make the finals but besides that, nobody really f'n with these fools. At least there's more room in the west for a playoff team on the brink now that OKC is pretty much a 7-8th seed at best (please dont make me eat my words Russ lol)