• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015/16 NBA Season Thread

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Until all their players leave for the coasts

Future 7th seed, maybe.

leacheffu.gif

sayo

YEET
Nate Duncan mentioned this in his podcast which I thought was interesting. In regards to Russ, how is he going to age? He is so reliant on physically overwhelming his opponent. What does he have when it starts to wane? A streaky jumpshot, decent size, and above average skill around the rim? When he signs his next deal (assuming he doesn't extend) he'll be what, 30?

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Nate Duncan mentioned this in his podcast which I thought was interesting. In regards to Russ, how is he going to age? He is so reliant on physically overwhelming his opponent. What does he have when it starts to wane? A streaky jumpshot, decent size, and above average skill around the rim? When he signs his next deal (assuming he doesn't extend) he'll be what, 30?
Yeah I have been waiting for yall to realize that RUSS is going to get WAIDS

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Plus legend has it that Westbrook couldn't really dunk regularly until college, and he was generally a late athletic bloomer. So maybe WAIDS will have to wait a little longer.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

More INSIDE SOURCES including team execs saying WestGOAT is definitely leaving. I really wish Presti would just keep him and let him leave in FA if he wants. Honestly who is going to pay much for RUSS? Lakers maybe? Why would anyone else pay for him when he's going to test FA, he won't sign a long term deal.

So what is the deal you take for RUSS that makes more sense than just gambling?

Presti must face the fact he is not resigning. That's why KD left in the first place.

Once you accept that, you need to get something for him now. D'Angelo Russell could be swindled from the Errrz. It makes a lot of sense to me to me.

sayo

YEET
That had to be a huge factor in KD leaving, right. Russ being uncertain + not wanting to do the FA parade again next year probably heavily influenced his decision to join the Warriors.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
But RUSS effectively gets to veto any trade. That whole "one guy and a bunch of trash" thing might make you a 2 seed in the East, but it doesn't work so well in the West. Why the fuck would RUSS want to spend the prime of his career trying to rebuild that shit-ass Lakers team?

If you're fine being the only guy on a team, go live in Miami or something and make the playoffs at least.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Presti must face the fact he is not resigning. That's why KD left in the first place.

Once you accept that, you need to get something for him now. D'Angelo Russell could be swindled from the Errrz. It makes a lot of sense to me to me.

Is D'Angelo enough? He isn't to me. I'd rather just ride it to the end. One more year with RUSS westGOAT on the squad is worth 10 with russell.

If I was Presti the first thing I'd do is renegotiate this last year with him to get it to $25m or whatever he should be at without asking for more years, I wouldn't even bring it up. Then just let the cards fall where they may next July.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I like that idea a lot. Just offer him a flat out raise for this last year, tell him whatever happens next July, it's his show until then, and whatever happens happens.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

The Errrz shouldn't give up shit and just sign him next year with their 11 billion dollars in cap space. But they wear the Trog King hat of the NBA, so why not give up RUSSell and Ingram lmao.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's not signing a long term deal until the cap gets settled anyway, so don't even try. I'm not sure if there is some ridiculous rule that they can't renegotiate a single year but it seems like it should be possible.

Just have the 1 year paperwork drawn up, invite him in and tell him there was no money before but now there is. Even with resigning Shithead they'll be 8m-9m under the cap.

Over the season you can talk to him about visions for the team and all that. Honestly if WestGOAT had any sort of minuscule desire to stay it would be easier to sell him now than with Durant in terms of just pure basketball. They can build the team solely for him now where they couldn't before. Durant and him were so completely different that you had to kind of patch a team together with random pieces that may or may not work. With just WestGOAT in mind, you have a defined style to strive towards.

If he just wants to leave then there's nothing you can do, and I can't see the Lakeshow giving up Ingram and russell for the possibility of WestGOAT resigning with them like some have reported.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And OKC fans are so dumb they dont like the offer

OKC fans would probably be thrilled, actually. Most never really liked the chaos WestGOAT brings. Personally, I'd just rather have him on my team than any other player in the league so I was speaking on a personal level. If it gets to the trade deadline and the lakers are offering russell with RUSS telling them he isn't resigning, Presti will deal him. Then I go full

1F4QL1x.gif

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, OKC's bread and butter on offense now without KD is going to be the pick-and-roll with Kanter and Adams (and Sabonis, I guess), with RUSS, Oladipo, Roberson, and Waiters (if they re-sign him) slashing to the basket second, because no one on this team can shoot from outside with any consistency. Morrow is the only guy we have who can hit 3s, but he's average at best at anything else.

OKC needs a better-than-shitty SF anyway, but if RUSS commits, then they need a wing who can make 3s and at least play adequate defense even more than they did when KD was here.

Bama

Anthony Slater from the Oklahoman is probably worse.

I thought he was basically just a social media guy. I've never seen him report any real news and I can't remember anything he actually wrote.

I can't decide if that's better or worse than Young, who is effectively Presti's mouthpiece.

Also if you trade RUSS you need picks or players you can control for at least 3 years. No free agent is going to OKC.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Curry and Giannis both coming next year to play with RUSS due to his gravitational pull

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Woj dropping some tidbits

“And there’s no question, I know Russell [Westbrook] was bothered by — and some other teammates were too — of, like, there was some knowledge there that Draymond [Green] was in contact with Kevin [Durant] all season long and they’re in a playoff series and I know there was some conversation around the Thunder team of ‘hey man, this guy kicked Steven Adams in the nuts twice in this series and what are you doing hanging out with this guy? What’s the relationship? We’re trying to beat these guys.’”

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I thought he was basically just a social media guy. I've never seen him report any real news and I can't remember anything he actually wrote.

I can't decide if that's better or worse than Young, who is effectively Presti's mouthpiece.

Also if you trade RUSS you need picks or players you can control for at least 3 years. No free agent is going to OKC.

Slater is the beat writer, so he doesn't do much scooping or reporting. Yeah, Young is a huge homer and will take Presti's side no matter what, but Slater is just a bad journalist.

I'm sure Presti is talking to the team, specifically RUSS, and weighing his options. True, anything OKC does will have to be through the draft or trades, just like it always has been, so nothing has changed in that regard. Almost have to wonder if OKC has any option other than letting RUSS finish out this contract, see if he re-signs, and if he doesn't, trade away Kanter and a couple of other guys and do a complete rebuild, with or without Adams and Oladipo.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Kanter's contract will be real nice next year with that cap too.

Thudner should be trying to take McRoberts from Miami and grab Winslow as the compensation. Been seeing that Miami needs to get rid of him to sign WAIDS, Winslow can't shoot but gimme.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Kanter's contract will be real nice next year with that cap too.

Thudner should be trying to take McRoberts from Miami and grab Winslow as the compensation. Been seeing that Miami needs to get rid of him to sign WAIDS, Winslow can't shoot but gimme.

Haha, OKC needs a shooter or two now more than ever.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Haha, OKC needs a shooter or two now more than ever.

Yeah but Winslow is too athletic to not get. You can't get shooters now, make the best physical defensive team you can. You're already there except Kyle Singler is more of a finesse defender elite as he may be, so grab Winslow taking McRoberts in the process.

Plus McRoberts shot 24% from 3 last season so he can knock them down

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If they need to clear some cap space, I'd take Dunleavy over Singler at this point, while Huestis hopefully develops some. But Corch Billy D has to play him for that to happen.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OKC and Boston are reportedly talking. Surely it's about RUSS.

Heard it was Bradley and two first rounders, possibly Smart thrown in there as well.