• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Funny that sports guys here in CLE love Jackson BECAUSE he is a proven commodity and went 8-8 in his one year. I know they have to make up shit to talk about, but that hasn't really proven anything to me. Cable was also 8-8 the year before, so it isn't like he took them from 1 win to 8. For all of Pagano's negatives, I don't see how you let him go unless you know 100% you are getting an upgrade.

Bucksin04

Funny that sports guys here in CLE love Jackson BECAUSE he is a proven commodity and went 8-8 in his one year. I know they have to make up shit to talk about, but that hasn't really proven anything to me. Cable was also 8-8 the year before, so it isn't like he took them from 1 win to 8. For all of Pagano's negatives, I don't see how you let him go unless you know 100% you are getting an upgrade.

If you have a franchise QB like Andrew Luck as a building block and can't attract someone better than Chuck Pagano, then just move the team to LA.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Teams would kill to go 40-25 over 4 years. He improved in the playoffs every year, losing wild card, then divisional round, then AFC Championship. 8-8 this year with Luck out and a corpse at QB. Talk about the crappy division all you want. The goal is to win the games you play. They have done that and done it well. I just don't get why people want to drive him out.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
OK, but who out there right now is that much better?

brady-hoke_14642.jpg

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
the only way this story ends well is if he is a cowboy next season

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So Tampa fired Lovie last night. The rumor is that they didn't want to lose Koetter so they fired Lovie in order to promote Koetter. Hmmmm and that's why ur the Bucs.

Somebody is gonna pick Lovie up

Nah. He's the dictionary definition of "retread".

He came in claiming he'd learned lessons and taken his year off to brainstorm and come up with a staff. He then goes and gets Jeff Tedford, who after like 2 practices clearly didn't want to be here and took 8 months to recover from a surgery I've seen people go back to work after a couple weeks. Then they resort to either Lovie running his "Dungy playbook" or letting a guy a year removed from being a small college QB coach running the offense. Neither was good.

Then he fills the defensive staff with his cronies (Les Frazier) and his shitty kid, they blow, he takes over the defense but keeps them on anyway. They still blow.

Players say they love him, but our 2 studs, Geraldine McCoy and Lavonte David seem to have regressed under him, Also McCoy is a whiny bitch. They bring in about 20 corners, but nobody can cover because the cover 2 puts ZERO pressure on the QB unless you have a front 4 stacked with pro bowlers. Which, I mean, wouldnt ANY defense work then? I could go out and call "RUN 2" from Tecmo Bowl if I have Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice up front.

So I at least credit the Glazers, who normally are busy diving into giant pools of gold coins, for acting and sensing that nothing was changing under Lovie. They have to eat a LOT of money to pay him to go away.

The only curious thing was if this was all some mad effort to keep coaching legend Dirt Cutter (I know I misspelled it) here. Tampa teams seem to shit their pants when their coaches get even 1 other interview and immediately sign these guys (see Holtz and Taggart at USF, Raheim Morris and Cutter at TB)

But as long as he doesn't hire another Dungy disciple fossil for defense, I'd bet they get better. People around here still can't let go of the 97-2004 Bucs, and jerk it to any coach who has even read Dungy's fear mongering book. I've met him, he's a nice guy, but fuck Tony Dungy. I've said that on TB message boards, and I might as well send people selfies of me pissing on their mothers.

PSUEagle

@Schauwn

Check out mmqbsi: there's a really goo article on there from this season that follows the Cardinals' gameplanning process.

Thanks for posting that link.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Cousins drive some raper van to practice so I was actually tempted to believe that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.