• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
To me curry, cp3 and harden are better than him to me.
Russ has awful lapses on defense that people tend to glance over because STATS and occasional gamble steal, but yeah I am taking CP3, Curry, and Harden before I'm taking Russ.

Speaking of Paul, I would love to see him take over for Parker next season. There seem to be some rumors about it, but I think the spurs would rather build forward with Dejounte Murray at PG. regardless, Parker needs to either go or take on a completely new role. the offense isn't very good with him. Two years in a row, the offense bogged down hard in the playoffs because Parker just couldn't threaten the D.

The lineup of Parker-Green-Leonard-Aldridge-Gasol has to change. Offensively it doesn't flow because Parker can't really consistently threaten the defense and spacing begins getting weird. I don't like Gasol's fit here either. I am one of a growing number of advocates for Dwayne Dedmon starting over Gasol, but I still don't know what to do with Parker. His role is okay when he isn't too involved, but that leaves us without any exceptional playmaking because Kawhi isn't there yet and Patty is still a bench guy. maybe a year or two from now that becomes CP (if they try for him) or Dejounte Murray if they stick to that plan/he pans out, but idk.

Harden the GOAT

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
LOL at mentioning RUSS's lapses on defense (which do happen) and then taking 3 other players who play as little defense if not less over him, especially Harden, who hasn't played defense since he was in OKC, and that was only against Kobe.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Russ has awful lapses on defense that people tend to glance over because STATS and occasional gamble steal

That's because his usage rate is the highest ever and contrary to popular belief he does get tired. His worst defense is better than those 3 but that's not a part of being a PG so it doesn't have bearing on this conversation really.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
LOL at mentioning RUSS's lapses on defense (which do happen) and then taking 3 other players who play as little defense if not less over him, especially Harden, who hasn't played defense since he was in OKC, and that was only against Kobe.
Harden has the tools to be a great wing defender. He isn't but he puts out effort occasionally. 2 seasons ago he actually posted some decent defensive stats including defensive win shares I think.. but I could be wrong.

Idk if Russ has any advantage over Curry as a defender and Paul is absolutely a better (and certainly smarter) defender (esp off ball) than Russ.

There are so many players I'm taking over Russ if I'm starting a team lol. How many bricks now has he thrown up in late game situations trying to win a game?

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Replace RUSS with CP3 or Harden and I just stop watching basketball.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I don't watch thunder games honestly because they just aren't fun to watch, including Westbrook. On the other hand I'll catch any Rockets and Spurs games I can.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
At home and found the treasure trove. These jam session cards were the shit. Left a spot open for MJ even though I don't think he often licensed hisself for cards.

IMG_20161224_131257.jpg

Got an extra Starks if anyone wants to trade

IMG_20161224_131337.jpg

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I don't watch thunder games honestly because they just aren't fun to watch, including Westbrook. On the other hand I'll catch any Rockets and Spurs games I can.

Spurs I get. The Rockets make me wish for an asteroid.

sayo

YEET
Spurs I get. The Rockets make me wish for an asteroid.
I find myself tuning into rockets games this year despite my schadenfreude for goatcunt. Pringles and Harden are a match made in heaven and you're guaranteed to see an opponent player have a career high in scoring. :laughing:

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I find myself tuning into rockets games this year despite my schadenfreude for goatcunt. Pringles and Harden are a match made in heaven and you're guaranteed to see an opponent player have a career high in scoring. :laughing:
I enjoy watching the GOAT go to work, especially in isolation.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
yeah the rockets are awesome to watch, mak just hates harden. I only watch the thudner because we may not ever see what RUSS is doing ever again and it is amazing to see how Billy d somehow runs sets them to get them good looks in the half court

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
yeah the rockets are awesome to watch, mak just hates harden. I only watch the thudner because we may not ever see what RUSS is doing ever again and it is amazing to see how Billy d somehow runs sets them to get them good looks in the half court
He should do it when it matters in the clutch too rather than sending up a ridiculously contested brick in the closing seconds ;)

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, obviously I'm biased as a rhubarb fan, but watching RUSS is such a joy for me. The good and the bad. We haven't seen a player like him and may not for a while.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
oh yeah, the whole RUSS in crunch time thing

The expectation this season without Durant was that Westbrook would struggle as the de facto closer, especially with his ball-dominant nature. He has certainly lived up to the latter part, posting an absurd usage rate in clutch time (last five minutes with the score margin within five) of 60.6 percent. In the final three minutes, it's 67.3 percent. In the final minute: 69.4. In the final 30 seconds: 76.1. You get the idea here. If the game is close, Russell Westbrook has the ball.

That seemed like a terrifying prospect to some, with Westbrook's high turnover and questionable shot selection tendencies. What has happened, though, is the opposite. The Thunder somewhat infamously struggled to close games last season, blowing 14 fourth-quarter leads, with a net rating of minus-8.3 per 100 possessions. This season, with Westbrook driving the crunch-time bus, it's the opposite. They're second in the league in clutch-time net rating (plus-27.8), scoring almost five more points per 100 possessions in those situations than they did last season. They're more than 30 points per 100 possessions better on the defensive end, which seems relevant as well.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Porzingis looks like he's in a middle school game with that undershirt

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I need to watch more Knicks games because he looks like a stiff who isn't good. doesn't look like a transcendent talent

Bama

I need to watch more Knicks games because he looks like a stiff who isn't good. doesn't look like a transcendent talent

wat

I mean there's a huge gap between your two statements but I'm not even sure we've been watching the same game. He has done everything today: drive, hit 3s, score in transition, rebound, defend the rim.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
wat

I mean there's a huge discrepancy between your two statements but I'm not even sure we've been watching the same game. He has done everything today: drive, hit 3s, score in transition, rebound, defend the rim.
I've watched from 6min left, and he's looked terrible. if you can reread my post it says I need to watch him more because everyone says he's so good. untwist your panties, fella

Bama

I've watched from 6min left, and he's looked terrible. if you can reread my post it says I need to watch him more because everyone says he's so good. untwist your panties, fella

Again, wat. He scored 9 points in the last 7 minutes lol.

Not RUSS = not good. Or :oklahoma:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Again, wat. He scored 9 points in the last 7 minutes lol.

Not RUSS = not good. Or :oklahoma:
points = good? he looks like he can barely move and has done nothing but make layups. I can tell you're having a hard time reading my posts, I'm sorry jar

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That was fucking dumb as hell. All he did was wink.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Not only that, but Durant has been mouthing off and staring down every chance he gets. if you're gonna throw out techs, be consistent plz

Bama

points = good? he looks like he can barely move and has done nothing but make layups. I can tell you're having a hard time reading my posts, I'm sorry jar

Guy who can barely move blocked 4 shots and scored on fast breaks.

Guy who has done nothing but make layups hit two 3s and 2 mid-range shots (4 of his 9 FGs).

And he did a lot of this when you were "watching".

Your opinion isn't even simply bad, it's objectively wrong.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Guy who can barely move blocked 4 shots and scored on fast breaks.

Guy who has done nothing but make layups hit two 3s and 2 mid-range shots (4 of his 9 FGs).

And he did a lot of this when you were "watching".

Your opinion isn't even simply bad, it's objectively wrong.
sorry he looked stiff like he had tendinitis in his knees.