• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

NML

Dealer Demps can redeem hisself by fleecing the Lakers, Celtics, or Knicks of their future assets

This seems to be the first domino to fall to me to me.

I would think they’d be moving on from Demps and you’d want ur new GM to be able to orchestrate the trade that is going to set the table for ur franchise. If that’s the case, I can’t see them pulling the trigger in ten days

GR8 2 B FL G8R

This seems to be the first domino to fall to me to me.

I would think they’d be moving on from Demps and you’d want ur new GM to be able to orchestrate the trade that is going to set the table for ur franchise. If that’s the case, I can’t see them pulling the trigger in ten days
But isnt our asset more valuable for two playoff runs than one

NML

But isnt our asset more valuable for two playoff runs than one

Davis isn’t going to lose any value unless he publicly says he wants to go to LA or he gets hurt

But pretty much the only team that’s going to make a worthwhile offer right now is LA. In the summer, Boston enters the mix and you know what picks are where. I’d guess the return NO wants the most is the #1 overall pick and Zion. Regardless of who gets the pick, that has to have some appeal to both sides. So they have more leverage later

But the weird part is if you do hold off, what do you do with AD in the meantime? The WORST thing you could do is play him and 1) make ur draft pick worse and/or 2) he gets hurt.

CJ_24

AD is going to the Lakers. Book it. The Lakers always get the post player. Mikan; Kareem; Divacs; Shaq; Gasol. It's destiny.

NML

Yeah I’ve got no clue why you or reel got in ur feels about that discussion. I literally lead with “sorry Reel” because losing ur cornerstone is shitty. I am still surprised that he defends Demps doe

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

PhilEMoose_wilt100.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I’ve got no clue why you or reel got in ur feels about that discussion. I literally lead with “sorry Reel” because losing ur cornerstone is shitty. I am still surprised that he defends Demps doe
Not everyone can have a Presti

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

I totally believe that.

-YTC

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I thought he made some good moves

I thought he made some bad moves

I thought him trading for boogie was a good move. Who in the world saw an all Star with a relatively healthy career tear his Achilles a year later? Buddy now is making people wonder how much different his career would be had Nola kept him. But EVERYBODY was on board trading him for boogie at the time. I hope the revisionist historians don't try to act like they thought it was a bad idea now after the fact.

I thought him trading for jrue was a good move. Jrue, now, finally healthy is having a career year and the person he traded for on draft night. I also liked the deal he gave jrue. Jrue was unreal during the Portland sweep and I, like many of the other people who are now shiting on the pelicans thought they were on the cusp of turning the corner.

At the time, I thought him drafting Rivers was a good move to pair him with AD, unfortunately, Rivers is just now turning into a serviceable NBA player. Had doc not traded for him, he's probably out of the league.

Speaking of draft night, nerlins Noel career isn't necessarily flourishing either. He's been a lot better this season in OKC, but let's not any like he was second coming off David Robinson coming out of the draft.

At the time, I liked the trade for asik

I thought Dell fucked up getting into a bidding war with himself and resigning asik. But who saw the dude almost dying in year two of that deal to the point where he missed significant playing time over the course of two seasons

I thought Dell fucked up giving hill that contract. Again, outbid himself in search of a fix at SF.

I liked acquiring tyreke too, unfortunately, injuries

He kept Gordon and let aminu and kaman go. Gordon, finally got healthy his final year and took the first train smoking out, put his pride to the side and realized coming off the bench was better for him and what do you know, was fucking balling on Houston after being sidelined with injuries practically his entire Nola stint.

Aminu has created a nice role for himself in Portland. Imagine had he hit that corner 3 at the clip he's doing now when he was in Nola.

Oh, can't forget about Ryan Anderson. How he got him from Orlando was cool. He didn't over pay and let him walk. Good move

Dells biggest issue in my opinion was how he valued draft picks and depending on your approach to developing a team, if he hits on all his trades, you think he's a genius, but, as how everything played out, you think he was dumb for trading unknown for somewhat known.

As an organization, the day the pelicans were bought by the Benson's, they should've immediately developed an entity separate from the saints. What did they do instead? Share personnel. That's on them and may have cost them some of the bad luck with the weird injury bug, and by cost them I meant it may have fucked up recovery times but you can't prevent an injury no matter how good your team is. They finally make some moves in the right direction in that regard only for their Superstar player to want out not even a full season after making them.

So here it is for you man. Off the top of my head. I did what I said I didn't want to do. If you think this is me defending him, then I guess I am, but I won't be sad when they announce his firing

NML

long post

I think this is mostly on point

In a vacuum, a lot of his moves were fine. His big issues were two fold

1) he’s not a great talent evaluator. I agree that at the time, Boogie for Buddy seemed like a good deal. But part of his job is to project how players can/will develop. I’m guessing he knew this because a pretty shocking stat is they’ve only had one first round pick since 2012 - Buddy.

2) roster construction. Part of this is he severely limited himself by trading away all his picks which are so valuable in being able to build a complete roster (especially since they were mostly lottery picks).

But also his pieces often didn’t fit. Last year, the Pels were better after Boogie got hurt. By my quick math, they were 27-23 with, 21-11 without plus a Blazers sweep. He seemed to always try and have a second (or third) big man with AD instead of keeping up with the modern NBA.

Interesting thoughts about the Saints situation too. Wasn’t aware of that

Reel

Community Liaison
I think this is mostly on point

In a vacuum, a lot of his moves were fine. His big issues were two fold

1) he’s not a great talent evaluator. I agree that at the time, Boogie for Buddy seemed like a good deal. But part of his job is to project how players can/will develop. I’m guessing he knew this because a pretty shocking stat is they’ve only had one first round pick since 2012 - Buddy.

2) roster construction. Part of this is he severely limited himself by trading away all his picks which are so valuable in being able to build a complete roster (especially since they were mostly lottery picks).

But also his pieces often didn’t fit. Last year, the Pels were better after Boogie got hurt. By my quick math, they were 27-23 with, 21-11 without plus a Blazers sweep. He seemed to always try and have a second (or third) big man with AD instead of keeping up with the modern NBA.

Interesting thoughts about the Saints situation too. Wasn’t aware of that

Re: Buddy

It didnt help Buddy struggled SOOOO badly at the start of the season. I think if the Kings dont put it out there Boogie is for sale, Buddy is still on the team. At that point, you are still holding on to Buddy for his projected talent as he hasnt played a full nba season up that point. He was the only thing of value the Kings wanted. The other guys they took, the kings sent elsewhere. OH, forgot to mention Casspi. Hurt in the first or second game as a pelican. You cant make this shit up.

This also yielded Niko from Chicago. Another good move.

Re: Roster

no disagreements here

Re: saints

So yea, they had their football doctors rehabbing the basketball guys like football guys. For whatever reason, they thought/felt, a hamstring is a hamstring, so you can treat them the same. When it was found that I think Hill (i think) got an infection or some shit, they (upper management) THEN realized he was misdiagnosed. They fired everybody EXCEPT the main dude who was over football. What do they do? Promote him to the head doctor for the Pelicans.

At the end of the day, i dont think the pelicans were ever in a position to tank like philly did for so many years. So, its either trades or FA that you have to sign to fill in the roster. To your point, in a vacuum, the moves seem fine, ok or whatever, but for a myriad of reasons, they just didnt pan out.

Reactions: NML

Reel

Community Liaison
In a vacuum, most people don't even know New Orleans has an NBA team
another biproduct of being second fiddle to the saints

I get it, you can do some things as a collective, but you have to make an actual effort to brand the team as its separate entity.

There was a convo on a blog i frequent about how they can enhance the game day experience to cater to the NOLA fanbase instead of it feeling so generic like most other arenas in the league.

They need a better social media presence as well

these are the things management can control, not injuries, bad luck, which conference they play in, etc...

pretty much at this point, they are going to get ridiculed for the foreseeable future. Some of its warranted, some of it's just people piling on spewing other shit they've seen from other folks.

So, if they are REALLY committed to trying to make basketball relevant in NOLA, NOW, is the time. AD is gone. You didnt, for whatever reasons build an atmosphere that would establish and maintain success.

So now, you have to go all in on everything. The basketball gods arent going to keep doing you favors

not my original thoughts, but things I agree with

-really invest in your collegiate scouting. Looks like they are going to have to build through the draft. No doubt about it. But if this is the route, then they have to hit on the guys they draft

-invest in player development. The new G-league team should help, but it wont matter if you arent providing resources into the system

-Continue making investments in the treatment of the players. Yes, injuries happen, but try to invest in preventive medicine with a focus on rehabilitation in the event someone gets hurt.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
As far as keeping big FAs, I think you are pretty much screwed as a small market team whose popularity is completely dwarfed by another franchise. At least in San Antonio there's no competition. Ditto Orlando (though Tampa is kinda close).

Reel

Community Liaison
As far as keeping big FAs, I think you are pretty much screwed as a small market team whose popularity is completely dwarfed by another franchise. At least in San Antonio there's no competition. Ditto Orlando (though Tampa is kinda close).
fair point

i dont think its impossible though, they just have to give a damn or at least give the appearance they do

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

George staying in OKC with another franchise cornerstone in RUSS seems to have been an outlier for sure. But of course he's become the best player on the team.

NML

Does any team have a worse record in the last five seasons than the Erzzz? Maybe the Magic? They have the second worst roster in the west sans LeBron. Even with him, they’re a borderline playoff team.

I’m sure Kyrie is dying to be the third best player on that roster.

I do hope Lonzo gets traded somewhere obscure like NO though so he can rightfully become MCW 2.0

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Does any team have a worse record in the last five seasons than the Erzzz? Maybe the Magic? They have the second worst roster in the west sans LeBron. Even with him, they’re a borderline playoff team.

I do hope Lonzo gets traded somewhere obscure like NO though so he can rightfully become MCW 2.0

Lonzo probably be happy being compared to the 3rd best pg of all time.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

@sayo Famous MCW