• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

First non superspeedway photo finish in 9 years and 9th closest in history. Race was meh though, but Phoenix has been.

Yeah...not sure there was more than one or two green flag passes for the lead the entire race. Track position was king

Another top 10 for Chase Elliott though. SHOULD have 3 top 10s in the first 4 races if not for that shit at Vegas last week. Running well but you can still see the youth on restarts and some pit stuff. Still though, not bad for the rook.

gilstein21

race sucked, ending was nice. glad carl and harv could beat around without wrecking, but brain dead france will convince himself this new "overtime" is best thing since paving tracks.

Iron

I know Clint Bowyer's season was going to be bad, but he may not get a top 10 outside of restrictor plate/road course...31st and 6 laps down today. 34th in points. Meanwhile, DiBenedetto probably in an old MWR car got 20th and on the lead lap.

Wolfman21

I know Clint Bowyer's season was going to be bad, but he may not get a top 10 outside of restrictor plate/road course...31st and 6 laps down today. 34th in points. Meanwhile, DiBenedetto probably in an old MWR car got 20th and on the lead lap.

He's been reaaaaal bad. Don't think he will get a top 10 at restrictor plates either as he was missing speed there too.

Props to Austin dillon. Three top 10 finishes in the first 4 races.

Iron

They are supposedly racing here in 4 weeks. Glad to see someone cut down the bushes in the front stretch.

G3XK4ik.jpg

Bdub

F1 just started in Australia. Mercedes gets destroyed at the start and Ferrari is on their way.

Iron

This is why I wish they didn't repave Kentucky. Legitimately just had 7 cars battling for the lead 3-4 laps after a restart.

Iron

Elliott P2...would love to see the 24 crew kill it here and get him off 1st

....they'll probably lose 4 spots if it's the same crew as last year.

Iron

Can't believe no one took two. Do these underfunded teams like Scott, Mears, Cassill all in the top 20 realize a win and you make the damn Chase right?

Wolfman21

Can't believe no one took two. Do these underfunded teams like Scott, Mears, Cassill all in the top 20 realize a win and you make the damn Chase right?

If those cars took 2 they would either wreck the field or be 25th before the back stretch.

Not sure if it was the 24 crew or chase that fucked that stop up. Seems he has lost spots every pit stop this year. I'll guess it's the crew because chase is usually pretty good in the pits. Sucks to lose a top 3 day but still...should have 4 top 10s in a row...

Iron

K&N West race is taped, yet they went to commercial right before a green flag (understandable), and then came back well after the green...? Nice editing, bravo.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Guess NASCAR doesn't want independent teams anymore. :dunno:

"When we looked at the charter system, we decided to leave four spots open. We didn't necessarily think those four spots would be occupied at each race and we'd love to maybe have them filled. But we're concentrating on the quality of the race teams that do show up each week. We're happy with that. We've got 36 teams and whichever open teams that show up and it's provided quality racing."

Wolfman21

Prolly tired of paying teams to show up and not be even close to competitive, or even try to run the whole race. Can't say I blame them there

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Stoffel Vandoorne who has never run an F1 weekend before is only .7 off of Button's time, so it seems that the McLaren's pace is legit.

Bdub

Shaping up to be a great year in F1. Mercedes is probably still going to be the fastest, but the other teams have significantly closed the gap.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I'm surprised Haas is as good as they are out of the box. Both in the top 10 in practice. I was expecting another Caterham/Hispania/Marussia team before Australia.

Bdub

I'm surprised Haas is as good as they are out of the box. Both in the top 10 in practice. I was expecting another Caterham/Hispania/Marussia team before Australia.
Yeah new teams in F1 are usually awful, even if they have the kind of money Haas has. Think they said last race that they where the only team to ever score points in their first race.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yeah new teams in F1 are usually awful, even if they have the kind of money Haas has. Think they said last race that they where the only team to ever score points in their first race.

Toyota scored points in their first race back in '02 (I think) but they spent the 18 months prior running nothing but unlimited tests.