• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

gilstein21

I hereby petition Nascar to install sprinklers at tracks, and set them up to turn on and off at random times throughout the race.
the local family fun park used to do this on their go kart track as a kid. That last corner was never the same twice and it was fun as hell.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I don't know, but they need to nab the 9 in sprint cup and let Chase run that.

Then when Byron wins the Xfinity series next year, they can replace Kahne in 2018.

Wish I would have gotten Byron's autograph last year when he and Chase Elliott were running the CARS series at Hickory. Got to meet Chase doe.

Wolfman21

Thank goodness for this rain...gives me a chance to clean out my shorts after watching chase go from 6th to 1st in 7 laps.

Wolfman21

Nascar is fucking stupid. Why bring the cars back on track? It was glaringly obvious it was gonna start raining again in just a few minutes. Should a postponed it hours ago so the fans still had time to get their affairs in order for the night.

Iron

NASCAR's inconsistent calls on rain...Daytona they pushed to almost 3am last year, Phoenix they called before Daytona even started and it was -3 hours local time to Eastern. 2006 or w/e they run the Pepsi 400 to 3am, 2008 they say they will restart California race at 2am until weepers

...and 1pm tomorrow

Wolfman21

looks like the rain has ended for the forseeable future. Should get to racing in the next hour or two.

edit: maybe sooner, just saw where drivers have been told they should be at their cars

Wolfman21

Not to mention the race started almost 4 hours after it was supposed to. Lotta people prolly didn't take tomorrow off work thinking it wouldn't be an issue with a sat. Night race

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I would assume that the kids in free only applies to grandstands.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• NASCAR National Series Tracks to Offer Free Youth Ticketing for XFINITY & Truck Series Races in 2017: NASCAR announced exclusively via Facebook Live that beginning in 2017, kids ages 12 and younger will be admitted free to all NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races. The announcement was made during an all-kids press conference hosted at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C. The press conference also kicked off Kids Drive NASCAR, a week-long, youth initiative leading up to this weekend's national series races at Michigan International Speedway and Road America. Many race tracks already have in place a bevy of offerings geared towards youth, including youth autograph sessions, youth garage tours, kids' clubs and designated kids' zones. Numerous tracks also have employed various ticket platforms focused on youth, but this new program marks the first time where tracks will institute a consistent offer wherever NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races take place.
    Beginning in 2017, the number of complimentary tickets available for children 12 and younger will vary from venue to venue for every adult ticket purchased. Specific track policies and procedures, including sections in which the tickets are offered, will still apply and may differ for each track as well in an effort to welcome and accommodate as many families as possible. This program is another example of NASCAR-sanctioned tracks improving the at-track experience with the ultimate goal of delivering additional value and an unparalleled live-event experience for fans.(NASCAR)(8-23-2016)

• Yep, plenty of family friendly spin.